• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
black-death-movie-photo-05.jpg

010BDH_Carice_van_Houten_001.jpg

010BDH_Tim_McInnerny_001.jpg

010BDH_Emun_Elliott_005.jpg

Four GoT actors from the movie Black Death

Also another thing in which Sean Bean dies. Obviously.

Kozak

Banned
A closer look at Sansa's letter:

http://imgur.com/g4I0Thj

From Reddit:

This is my best attempt at viewing Sansa's letter. It looks like it is addressed to someone with "sh" at the end of their name (Lord Baelish). Other phrases I think I see are: Now you have a chance to fulfill your [unclear]. Knights of the Vale are under your command. Ride for Winterfell.... lend your aid and I shall see to it that you are rewarded.

Speevy

Banned
A closer look at Sansa's letter:

http://imgur.com/g4I0Thj

From Reddit:

This is my best attempt at viewing Sansa's letter. It looks like it is addressed to someone with "sh" at the end of their name (Lord Baelish). Other phrases I think I see are: Now you have a chance to fulfill your [unclear]. Knights of the Vale are under your command. Ride for Winterfell.... lend your aid and I shall see to it that you are rewarded.

That's not a spoiler since it occurred in an aired episode.

Sansa is asking Baelish for help.

I wonder how many kitchen mice he can teleport into battle.

Brakke

Banned
The way actual carrier birds work is they can return home. So if you wanted to send a bird somewhere, you would have to already have a bird trained to home in on that location. And the birds are one-way. So every significant castle would have to have a whole pile bunch of birds on hand, one (plus backups) for each destination. If every House in the damn world wasn't always at every other House's throat, you could centralize / network smartly so that all of the Northern Houses, for example, only had birds trained to go to Winterfell, which would forward the message on to the target Northern House or to Greywatch if it's headed South or whatever. Castles would have to regularly resupply one another with birds in order to stay part of the network.

But even in the books carrier birds can clearly do more than just one-way journeys. Otherwise every House would be regularly breeding, training, and sending off white birds to the Citadel to die, for decades? Just for the symbolism of the white bird as harbinger of Winter?

I would be pissed about this spoiler since the movie caught my attention but I guess the spoiler at this point would be Sean Bean not dying.

I watched The Martian again last night in which Sean Bean doesn't die but he does get fired. Boy just can't catch a break.

Sean Bean is one of the few that survives in Troy though!

---------

Sansa wanted desperately not to be indebted to Littlefinger, but seeing no other choice to ensure they prevail over the Bolton's is an interesting narrative element. I also expect in a little twist of irony that she won't have needed them anyways because the Manderly's will lend their support.

Apt101

It was great when Al Swearengen broke out "I'm a fucking septon, what else was I supposed to say?". I giggled and raised my glass.

Speevy

Banned
It was great when Al Swearengen broke out "I'm a fucking septon, what else was I supposed to say?". I giggled and raised my glass.

I can just see his outtake reel.

"I'm the fucking king."

*CUT*

"I'm the fucking last dragon."

*CUT*

"I'm the fucking prince who was promised."

*CUT*

"Mr. Mcshane, the word fucking isn't in the script. You're a septon."

"Take 39."

"I'm the fucking septon."

*sigh* That'll do, Ian.

"Where's the dragon bitch? I want to do a scene with her."

Septon Lovejoy was killed by the Bloody Mummers, not the Brotherhood. That's my take on it. It's a terrible scene, like we're supposed to believe that Sandor didn't notice a bloody massacre a short walk away from where he was chopping wood.
It just seemed like a cheap way to "Lol the good guys always die #gamoftheones #shockingdeaths #LOL", which misses the point of Ice and Fire completely.
The only reason was to give him a reason to hate the Mummers. In the books they're wearing his helm to disguise their identity while they loot and pillage.

I liked the episode except the ending. Thorns and Cersei scene was excellent. Marg is using her obviously patronising voice on sparrow. I wonder if she'll get busted again, but I expect not.

Little finger gonna 'save' the day confirmed.

Sheroking

Septon Lovejoy was killed by the Bloody Mummers, not the Brotherhood. That's my take on it. It's a terrible scene, like we're supposed to believe that Sandor didn't notice a bloody massacre a short walk away from where he was chopping wood.

He did notice. He heard it happening and limped his ass down the hill where he found the bodies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
He did notice. He heard it happening and limped his ass down the hill where he found the bodies.

That was my take on it. He heard the first screams of the massacre but by the time he got there, it was too late.

i don't think that makes much sense. he is near enough to hear the screams, but somehow they have time to kill everyone and hang al, and i assume steal everything valuable, but the hound doesn't arrive soon enough to even see them ride away?

Massa

i don't think that makes much sense. he is near enough to hear the screams, but somehow they have time to kill everyone and hang al, and i assume steal everything valuable, but the hound doesn't arrive soon enough to even see them ride away?

He's got a bad leg now, what can you do.

Did anyone see Thronecast? I think the Syrio actor slipped up...

I have no idea. He was explicitly asked by the host if Syrio had ties to the house of black and white, supporting a popular online theory...

He immediately said "Yes" before awkwardly stuttering, backtracking and then claiming it was his ties to Braavos he was referring to. My missus and I immediately picked up on it.

My assumption has been that the Arya we see get stabbed isn't the real Arya, but either Jaquen or Syrio.

Either way... The real Arya was last seen hiding with Needle, while the doppler Arya was out and about, being blatantly easy to find.

Also notice the way she walks with her hands behind her back, and with perfect posture and mannerisms. Also, she references the sailor as a Westerosi. This Doppler Arya is also right handed; the real Arya is left handed.

It's not the real Arya. I bet it's Syrio. And if not him, it's Jaquen.

KevinG

So, does anyone else think that Sansa
is pregnant?

Her whole speech to Baelish last week seems to allude to "still feeling the things he did" inside of her.

I don't follow this thread super well, so I assume the theory has come up.

It just seemed like a cheap way to "Lol the good guys always die #gamoftheones #shockingdeaths #LOL", which misses the point of Ice and Fire completely.
The only reason was to give him a reason to hate the Mummers. In the books they're wearing his helm to disguise their identity while they loot and pillage.

I liked the episode except the ending. Thorns and Cersei scene was excellent. Marg is using her obviously patronising voice on sparrow. I wonder if she'll get busted again, but I expect not.

Little finger gonna 'save' the day confirmed.

Yeah, I was happy to see both the Hound and McShane's character, but what a milquetoast series of scenes. It's felt like a budget movie about revenge or redemption or something.

Otherwise, solid episode. Season 6 has had its fair share of missteps but I'm still enjoying it.

Lady Mormont scene was fantastic.

mantidor

is pregnant?

Her whole speech to Baelish last week seems to allude to "still feeling the things he did" inside of her.

It's speculation, you don't need spoiler bars :p

It has come up when the first set of photos were released, it's like really doubtful, the baby had to survive falling from Winterfell's walls, running and going through a frozen river, and a tough trip to the wall. Not to mention that once at the wall Sansa would have access to Mel and her potions and ways to get rid of it. It would be a really lame plot twist, because she can end it at any time now.

Her feeling the torture is simply that the torture was very recent, that is all that scene with Baelish was, and to remind us in case any one forgot that Ramay is like reaaally evil and stuff.

How do you know this?

Observation. The actress has commented before how she's had to learn to do things left handed for the show, as she's right handed in real life.

The Doppler Arya does everything right handed, including grasping at her wounds after getting stabbed.

is pregnant?

I thought she was referring to how he basically raped her, and violently so. The horrific damage he did to her body, etc.

Forkball

This is just a question regarding speculation and lore, but I will spoiler it just in case:

If Tommen was to die, who would be in succession to the throne - in the Lannister's eyes? I'm guessing it would have been Marcella, but she is dead. Stannis and Shireen are also both dead. I am guessing that the Baratheon name would continue with Gendry, but even then, he is a bastard - unless he A) re-appeared after all that rowing, and B) was made legitimate heir of Robert? Otherwise, would it legitimately fall back to Daenerys?

Whilst I know bits and pieces from the books, I have only read the first one. I plan to read them all through at some point, but for now I only follow the show (and wikis).

If Tommen were to die, I believe I read that *technically* Jaime would be next in line. I can't find the post that explains it, but there is some Harry the Heir-esque shenanigans that revels Jaime should legally take the throne next since his great x6 grandfather was a Baratheon or something along those lines. Though Kevan would probably be acting king, I mean that's the point of a Hand of the King right?

Also according to reddit, the leaked episode descriptions (the short blurbs HBO labels each episode with) for the rest of the season are fake. Apparently the leaker tried to do this in the past as well.

Also are we getting the Siege of Mereen? Tyrion's been absent for a while and that storyline hasn't progressed a whole lot. I assume the slavers are just going to disregard Tyrion's offer and attack, only for the goddess to sweep in and murder them all.

Qurupeke

Arya's story better have some cool pay-off, or what a total waste of time

She will return to Winterfell after Jon takes it back. Jon and Sansa will ask her "Where have you been all this time?". She will smile to the audience and she'll respond "It's a long story." A laugh track plays.

If Tommen were to die, I believe I read that *technically* Jaime would be next in line. I can't find the post that explains it, but there is some Harry the Heir-esque shenanigans that revels Jaime should legally take the throne next since his great x6 grandfather was a Baratheon or something along those lines. Though Kevan would probably be acting king, I mean that's the point of a Hand of the King right?

Also according to reddit, the leaked episode descriptions (the short blurbs HBO labels each episode with) for the rest of the season are fake. Apparently the leaker tried to do this in the past as well.

Also are we getting the Siege of Mereen? Tyrion's been absent for a while and that storyline hasn't progressed a whole lot. I assume the slavers are just going to disregard Tyrion's offer and attack, only for the goddess to sweep in and murder them all.

That's my assumption also. The slavers are going to renege on Tyrion's offer and attack, but Dany will swoop in with the Dothraki.

Yara and Theon are the wildcards here. Maybe they'll show up just in time to assist Dany and Co?

Audioboxer

Great episode.

By the way where is the show with the books just now? Would Google but I want to avoid mistake spoilers. Think I'm going to finally have to knuckle down and read the books.

Also is the hound in the books? Hope he's not an original idea of the TV series. Love him.

Great episode.

By the way where is the show with the books just now? Would Google but I want to avoid mistake spoilers. Think I'm going to finally have to knuckle down and read the books.

Also is the hound in the books? Hope he's not an original idea of the TV series. Love him.
Hound is a book character. Read the books, well worth it.

That question has a messy answer at this point. The show is mostly ahead of all the published books at this point. It's also diverged from them in so many ways that it doesn't really matter so much anymore.

And yes- Sandor is very much in the books.

As previously noted, next week's episode is titled "No One". HBO released the logline this morning:
While Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) weighs his options, Cersei (Lena Headey) answers a request. Tyrion’s (Peter Dinklage) plans bear fruit. Arya (Maisie Williams) faces a new test. Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Mark Mylod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom