• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KahooTs

GRRM waited until ADWD to drop that a northern marriage needs only a weirwood tree, two cloaks and someone to give the bride away. In a pinch they might make do with just the tree.

Kozak

Banned
A battle nobody wants to take part of. A battle between two rejects. A Battle of The Bastards.

How is that not a great title?

EP 8 LEAKED PICS DISCUSSION

Jaime in Tywin's attire is sick

Speevy

Banned
Based on the showrunners' history of changing story details, do you really think they won't have Jon Snow as Aerys' rightful successor?

KahooTs

Could imagine them using the title in the show too.

Sansa: Thank you for saving the day Petyr.
LF: Well I could hardly miss the battle of the bastards now could I?

_Ryo_

What does episodes tens title mean...
Does it imply the whight walkers are gonna come to main westeros and cause a shit ton of casualties or what...? WINTER IS COMING

Chris R

Bran goes south, breaking the magic spell on the wall.

Night King comes up and touches it and it melts or vanishes or something like that.

Lothar

Banned
Because happiness can't last long. Just after the Starks get back in their castle, the Wall will be breached. They need something huge to keep us talking until next season.

This is when Dany comes over and the Dothraki go around destroying everything. (Or does she do that after the White Walker storyline is over?)

Speevy

Banned
The White Walkers refuse to pay for it.

Before my father, stepmother, and baby brother were all simultaneously poisoned by our enemies, I made them a promise. I promised that I would always honor our traditions. After all, traditions are important. Where are we without our history?

When the free folk come south of the wall, they're not sending their best wildlings. Just a bunch of murderers and rapists. Thenns mostly. They eat people. Do you want your children to be eaten?

I love the free folk. I do. The good ones, anyway. I just think that until we figure all this out, we should put a stop to all wildlings coming south of the wall.

My buddy Smalljon Umber and I have a special camp for flay...I mean fleeing Wildlings to find a home. Yes, they can come here and be safe from the whitewalkers. I have 20 good men ready to put them back to work.

Come and see.

I'm Ramsay Bolton and I approved this message.

HvySky

This is when Dany comes over and the Dothraki go around destroying everything. (Or does she do that after the White Walker storyline is over?)

Nahh, Dany's dragons have to play a key role in fighting the Walkers. No other way that'll go down.

Wasn't he marked? which took away the magical protection from the tree? will do the same to the wall

This theory makes no sense to me. Why didn't they just "mark" any random dude north of the Wall so that he would go back over and magically remove its protection? Like for example the guy in the very first scene of the very first episode, who met them and then returned south of the Wall to be killed by Ned.

Madness

Why do people think the Wall will fall this season?

Because the show spent a gigantic amount of money on a CGI Nights King just creating an earthquake that shattered ice and affected the cave where his magic shouldn't have been able to penetrate. First rule of cable shows, if something seems random, out of place or costs a lot, there is a reason they did it.

Benjen basically told Bran the Night King is making his way towards Man and you have to be there. Bran's mark will probably remove the protection of the wall.

There is 1-2 seasons of story left. Winter is coming and it will probably come by the end of the 10th episode.

Gigglepoo

This theory makes no sense to me. Why didn't they just "mark" any random dude north of the Wall so that he would go back over and magically remove its protection? Like for example the guy in the very first scene of the very first episode, who met them and then returned south of the Wall to be killed by Ned.

You'd be surprised if there show hand waved a mistake?

Madness

We don't know the full aspect of the history of White Walkers or even Bran's story. What is more significant for the show and story, that the Night King brands Bran Stark, blood of the first men and the new three eyed raven or some random human? Why did they try to turn Benjen into a white walker but keep the rest of humans and wildlings as wights? Why was the Night King viewing Jon so intently. The Stark motto Winter is Coming is signifant. What if Bran is the one who time travels and tells his ancestor that Winter is coming and they have to prepare and build the wall etc. We just don't know, but that whole scene had signifance.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Why do people think the Wall will fall this season?
I think the main idea is that it brings an end to Bran's arc for the season, plus Jon telling Edd just to make sure the wall doesn't fall down. I'm kind of 50/50 on it myself. I think it could happen next season, maybe the first episode or so.

duckroll

Are we even going to see Sam again this season? What happened to Oldtown? I'm disappointed in that aspect as a book reader because I honestly thought this season was going to have a big focus on Oldtown and the Citadel. :/

KahooTs

If the time on the wall is up, they should pull a massive tease and in the finale have the final scene be the wall starting to crack and splinter but not show it fall.

Gigglepoo

We don't know the full aspect of the history of White Walkers or even Bran's story. What is more significant for the show and story, that the Night King brands Bran Stark, blood of the first men and the new three eyed raven or some random human? Why did they try to turn Benjen into a white walker but keep the rest of humans and wildlings as wights? Why was the Night King viewing Jon so intently. The Stark motto Winter is Coming is signifant. What if Bran is the one who time travels and tells his ancestor that Winter is coming and they have to prepare and build the wall etc. We just don't know, but that whole scene had signifance.

This makes me so excited. I just don't know how much exposition will be in the show. Fingers crossed!

Speevy

Banned
Are we even going to see Sam again this season? What happened to Oldtown? I'm disappointed in that aspect as a book reader because I honestly thought this season was going to have a big focus on Oldtown and the Citadel. :/

I think they'll probably have a big scene in the finale of Sam montaging his way through books before he discovers something like "Oh my goodness I know where all the dragonglass is!"

duckroll

I think they'll probably have a big scene in the finale of Sam montaging his way through books before he discovers something like "Oh my goodness I know where all the dragonglass is!"

"Are you saying there's dragonglass hidden inside the Wall?"

"No Jon, I'm saying it IS dragonglass! The entire Wall is dragonglass! We gotta break it down!"

Speevy

Banned
"Are you saying there's dragonglass hidden inside the Wall?"

"No Jon, I'm saying it IS dragonglass! The entire Wall is dragonglass! We gotta break it down!"

I was thinking all the dragonglass is hidden away in the ruins of old Valyria, but this is probably what they'll do.

Keep in mind Dorne will come back into the picture somehow. No way they just ignore it forever after all that garbage early on. There's still so many threads that it makes no sense for the wall to come down just yet. Yara/Theon using their fast travel and joining up with Dany and then using fast travel to go back to their previous savepoint with her and her army will be great.

Gigglepoo

Keep in mind Dorne will come back into the picture somehow. No way they just ignore it forever after all that garbage early on. There's still so many threads that it makes no sense for the wall to come down just yet. Yara/Theon using their fast travel and joining up with Dany and then using fast travel to go back to their previous savepoint with her and her army will be great.

But what will Euron do?

duckroll

lol did they actually name the episode "Battle of the Bastards"?

Episode titles in Game of Thrones:

"You Win or You Die"
"Baelor"
"Blackwater"
"The Bear and the Maiden Fair"
"The Rains of Castamere"
"The Mountain and the Viper"
"Hardhome"
"The Door"

Just some examples of titles which are very direct titles based on a central event in the episode, which fans or attentive viewers will "get" either before or after the episode. This is not a subtle show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom