• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

He learned from Lena Headey.

lena-headey-stoneheart.jpg

The fact that he's teasing makes me believe it's not happening tbh.

munchie64

Edit: On a more serious note, you have to hand it to D&D for not having Trant shank Mace in Braavos last season. It would have been so easy, but they refrained. Although, I guess we should be thankful, because he probably would have raped him first just so we were crystal clear on how unforgivably evil he was.
Too old.

mantidor

Well that theory would work but someone in this thread confidently stated to me that Jaqen only had Arya's face cause Arya was tripping off blinding poison.

I don't know where they got that info but they seemed to suggest they were right and I was wrong.

I'm keen af to find out. I really think it will be something awesome and not as straight forward and dumb as some would like to believe.

I also think there is something more going on, but there is no indication the FM can have the face of a living person, they have shown the bodies over and over, they have shown the physical process of face removal, when Arya saw her "face" she had already removed several others, there's also no indication you can wear that many faces all at once, everything pointed out at an hallucination on her part.

Aurongel

Which one is gonna upset people more when it doesn't happen, Cleganebowl or LSH?

I'd totally be cool if LSH didn't pop up, I just think the entire origin of that character is dumb. Bring one character back in a series about the finality of death? Yeah, I'm cool with that. LSH always felt like some Marvel Comics shit to me. At least Cleganebowl is dramatically interesting and has some setup to it.

Speevy

Banned
Bran goes into the past to watch Sandor Clegane get burned by his brother.

His mother puts salve on boy's wounds, but there are still massive pink and swollen areas.

She completely exhausts her supply of ointment and breaks down in tears, leaving the room. She knows her son will never be the same. The empty bowl bears the sigil of her house: three dogs on a yellow field.

Sandor looks inside the bowl and spots some words engraved on the bottom.

"Fucking confirmed."

*Title credits*

Gigglepoo

You must not have looked into the new chapter from TWOW that George read about a week ago or so, which was then transcribed.

I know why Euron is in the books but the show is all about efficiency so I don't understand adding a character this late. We'll see if it was worthwhile or another Dorne.

I hope they don't do a Cleganebowl. I like The Hound, and that fight was a bad matchup for him before he shattered his leg.

Yes, I realize it's fiction and the writers can make anything happen they want. This is still the way I think about it.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Anyone else feel like the show did a really poor job building up the rise of the High Sparrow? As much as people like to shit on A Feast for Crows, one thing I remember distinctly is scenes illustrating how the countryside had been damaged so badly during the war, mainly from Brienne and Pod's travels.

All we got in the show was a wide area shot with smoke and fire (after the Hound tok some money from a villager reasoning he wouldn't survive the winter). Suddenly you have fanatics attacking a brothel and humiliating the high priest without anything preceding. It's too bad, would have been a good opportunity to illustrate the cost of war.

The moment that the Arya scene started I thought something was off. My first thought was "That's not Arya. Is someone using her face? Did they kill her off-screen?" I think I subconsciously noticed a difference in body language. However, as the scene went on I shrugged it aside. I really do believe that D&D are dumb enough to do that Arya scene without any trickery, but because of that initial impression I got, I still have some hope that there is something else going on.

Anyone else feel like the show did a really poor job building up the rise of the High Sparrow? As much as people like to shit on A Feast for Crows, one thing I remember distinctly is scenes illustrating how the countryside had been damaged so badly during the war, mainly from Brienne and Pod's travels.

All we got in the show was a wide area shot with smoke and fire (after the Hound tok some money from a villager reasoning he wouldn't survive the winter). Suddenly you have fanatics attacking a brothel and humiliating the high priest without anything preceding. It's too bad, would have been a good opportunity to illustrate the cost of war.

Yup. Even now, it still looks like a group of 20 good sparrows is in control of King's Landing. The show hasn't done a great job of showing the "will" of the people--it's just told to us.

mantidor

There is something about the scale that the show struggles with. It's not only the faith militant, it also happened with the North or with Dany's khalasar, sometimes they nail it and sometimes they don't. I understand how difficult it must be to create that though.

There is something about the scale that the show struggles with. It's not only the faith militant, it also happened with the North or with Dany's khalasar, sometimes they nail it and sometimes they don't. I understand how difficult it must be to create that though.

In early seasons I felt that sense of scope. The show felt like an epic fantasy. Later seasons have felt smaller, more contained and have actually felt like a television show, as opposed to a world to get lost in.

I hope they don't do a Cleganebowl. I like The Hound, and that fight was a bad matchup for him before he shattered his leg.

Yes, I realize it's fiction and the writers can make anything happen they want. This is still the way I think about it.
The scenes in the trailer
with Gregor tearing into the faith militant, along with Johnathon Price's comments he made in that interview he did make me think Clegane bowl isn't gonna happen. Not at Cersei's trial at least.

TheContact

Any theories on Arya? Can't wrap my head around why she was walking around the city with her hands behind her back without a care in the world.

In early seasons I felt that sense of scope. The show felt like an epic fantasy. Later seasons have felt smaller, more contained and have actually felt like a television show, as opposed to a world to get lost in.

Show also had to expand to many more locations and storylines. Less time spent on each.

The fact that characters regularly traverse back and forth from one end of the kingdom to the other without any time seeming to pass at all makes the world feel tiny.

Madness

Cleganebowl definitely not this season. Maybe the High Sparrow will be afraid of what to do as Zonbie mountain destroys his little Sparrows including Lancel, until he hears how this Faith champion destroyed the BwB and asks him to fight the Zombie Mountain. Will probably be next season etc.

Any theories on Arya? Can't wrap my head around why she was walking around the city with her hands behind her back without a care in the world.

Someone has a theory that
it was J'aqen and the Faceless Men were only ever training Arya to give the her skills, not induct her into their brotherhood. The test was for the Waif and she failed. when MaybeArya walked across the bridge someone walked away from Camera looking like Arya when she sold those things on the docks many eps ago
theory spoilers

mantidor

It was so out of character, but then I thought she was obviously trying to pretend to be someone else, neither Mercy nor Arya, I don't think any of the theories are true the more I think about it, which will be really lame because it makes no sense she survived those stabs.

News Bot

Banned
Yup. Even now, it still looks like a group of 20 good sparrows is in control of King's Landing. The show hasn't done a great job of showing the "will" of the people--it's just told to us.

The show lacks subtelty and focuses on low-hanging fruit so this is affects quite a lot of plot points. The North in particular is in absolute shambles and I don't think they're going to salvage it with whatever "North Remembers" twist they pull out in the end, the damage has been done.

SpaceHorror

How the hell did Syrio even survive? lol. The knights who came after Ayra and Syrio were lead by Trant, so we know Syrio didn't kill them all. I mean, Trant could have reported that Syrio escaped offscreen, but still, it's just too unbelievable. Syrio dying is much better.

Maybe it's Jaqen?

Speevy

Banned
I have to wonder if they have a 3D printer for the faces, or can you leave one on the ground?

They must have a few Jaqen faces at least.

Speevy

Banned
Syrio spent the next several years of his life beating up young girls, including Sansa Stark.

He thought it was what Arya would have wanted.

How the hell did Syrio even survive? lol. The knights who came after Ayra and Syrio were lead by Trant, so we know Syrio didn't kill them all. I mean, Trant could have reported that Syrio escaped offscreen, but still, it's just too unbelievable. Syrio dying is much better.

Maybe it's Jaqen?

I could totally see show Trant getting his ass beaten and letting Syrio get away, but reporting that he killed the guy and threw him off the walls of the Red Keep. All the guys that accompanied him were KO'd.

I could totally see show Trant getting his ass beaten and letting Syrio get away, but reporting that he killed the guy and threw him off the walls of the Red Keep. All the guys that accompanied him were KO'd.

Considering how scummy Trant was, I could believe this. However I could also easily see it being J'aqen wearing Syrio's face, or Arya using it as her symbol of power or whatever, i don't know. now we're speculating and getting hyped it 99% won't be syrio

Syrio is dead, folks. Wouldn't stun me if the show goes a different direction given how laughable much of this season has been though.

How does one explain that the Kingsguard he faced in a to-the-death confrontation is still alive?

Gigglepoo

The tricky thing when we're talking about Faceless Men is that Syrio could be involved even if he died defending Arya. Jaquen was in the black cells during the Lannister's slaughter of the Stark's army, right? He might have snatched the face off a dead Syrio for all we know. Faceless Men are messed up.

Werd

Syrio is dead, folks. Wouldn't stun me if the show goes a different direction given how laughable much of this season has been though.

How does one explain that the Kingsguard he faced in a to-the-death confrontation is still alive?

Why is it a to the death confrontation? He's buying time for Arya to escape, not trying to kill every Lannister soldier in the city. If he disabled Trant without killing like he did the 4 soldiers moments before, a faceless man shouldn't have much trouble escaping the city from there. Or disabling Trant for that matter.

That said, I like the presumed sacrifice better and we've had enough revivals this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom