• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

golem

This show cant have jamie both ways.

Also the whole arya thing should just have been done last episode. Why drag it out.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
They giveth Benjen, they taketh Blackfish.

Episode was straight up garbage from a book reader's perspective.

Also, someone needs to redo that Sean Astin headshake gif so Tommen is shaking his head for Cleganebowl.

jett

D-Member
Arya has by far the most ridiculous display of plot armor I have ever seen in my life. Nothing about her Braavos adventures has made any sense.

The rest I liked, nice character moments. I'm surprised though the show went out of its way to cancel Cleganebowl.

Werd

Like most others I presume, disappointed in Arya's plot this week.

So she did in fact act like a complete idiot wandering around the city last time, does in fact do parkour presumably within a few days of being stabbed multiple times in the gut. I kind of liked the cutting of the candle into darkness, but the Waif should have had the same blind training as she did and still be both better and not bleeding out. Doesn't actually answer how Arya won. Plus the Waif remains a terrible assassin, pausing to mug for the camera multiple times and failing to kill an injured crawling Arya. And why would Jaqen say she is finally nobody as she is literally holding the sword from her true identity that she was ordered to discard. Just killing the Waif is an auto-entrance?

Just.. blah. That said, heading back to Westeros finally so hurrah for that. Rest of the episode... solid, but not what I was anticipating going in.

However.... still believing 9/10 are going to deliver big time.

Neifirst

Whew that was pretty terrible. Did Arya even manage to once even match the waif in any combat whatsoever? The whole scene was over-long and right out of Terminator 2.

Other than the off-screeen fight, I thought it was fine. It was exactly what just about everyone thought it would be.

2 seasons of filler garbage? That's pretty much what most people expected her arc to be. Actually, I didn't expect her to look less competent than she was with the Sandor.

Iksenpets

Banned
So the Arya stuff.... did not pan out well. That was a weeeeird story for this season.

The Riverrun stuff was good until we got to the bizarre offscreen death. It was so out of nowhere that I thought it must be a fake out, but I can't think of any logical way that was a fake out. Also the adaptation has turned Edmure into kind of a monster?

Dany's arrival was pretty silly. I'm not sure how I feel about this season's Tyrion story. They clearly had way too little of it, so they created these awkward Grey Worm/Missandei scenes. This storyline definitely isn't the Shavepate and Yunkai siege stuff from the books, but at least it's hitting the general theme of Westerosi failing to understand Meereenese politics, even if they kind of inverted it. In the book they underestimate the masters self interest and see them just as amoral monsters. In the show they underestimate the degree to which the masters are amoral monsters, and try to appeal to their self interest.

Also, Varys is clearly going to Dorne, right?

And Cersei is 100% blowing up the Sept with wildfire.

Sandor and the Brotherhood was good though! And pretty definitely kills any Stoneheart speculation forever.

Ponn

Banned
Book readers wanting the whole shit show that is LSH is proof enough to me they don't know whats best when it comes to the show.

Matticers

Two major events happening off screen helped to ruin an otherwise good episode. It's just so lame that they skip stuff like this. But they made sure to get a pointless penis scene in there.

Lothar

Banned
Jesus, that was fucking weak all around. It's even more weak when you consider 2 seasons have been building up to this shit. 2 years of Arya fighting the Waif just for her to be stupid and then not show the final confrontation. 2 seasons of boring in King's Landing for nothing with no trial. Riverrun was pointless because Jaime has not developed as a character. He's doing everything for Cersei.

Are they now going to act like Davos cares about Shireen? If he did, he would have asked about her before now? I don't think Melasandre would have lied.

Good actors and good production wasted on abysmal writing.

jett

D-Member
Dang that promo.

That's where this season's entire budget went to. Again. I wonder what will happen on episode 9 next season.

Kusagari

I love how it seems nothing is going to be explained on why Jaqen wasted all this time and the Waif's life to help Arya remember she's a Stark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom