• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. RPG

Tobias Menzies was my favorite actor in the episode. He actually brought some humanity to the proceedings.

I agree.

Also, Stoneheart is so not happening. Edmure said it's been years since the Red Wedding. Cat's body is dust at this point. She is not coming back.

I thought the same thing when Edmure said that.

However, the writers are still dropping hints about Catelyn Stark and the Red Wedding (especially in this episode). As long as they keep hinting at Lady Stoneheart, the dream isn't over.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
If they reveal that Stoneheart is around I'm sure there will be some flashback to the event, and some amazingly contrived reason as to why we haven't seen her up till this point.

JVIDICAN

I agree.

I thought the same thing when Edmure said that.

However, the writers are still dropping hints about Catelyn Stark and the Red Wedding (especially in this episode). As long as they keep hinting at Lady Stoneheart, the dream isn't over.
Maybe she washed up on the isles of faces and the children stuck an ice shard in her. Lol

What a mess of an episode. I think the worst in the series for me. Nothing made sense at all. Not a single scene.

- what was ultimately Tyrion's story arc and purpose in Mereen? It seems he turned out to be an even shittier ruler than Danny. Wasn't he supposed to be the witty character in the series?

- so Tommen has sided with the Faith but can't force Cersei to talk to the Septon? Didn't Tommen apologize to her mother just a few episodes back?

- Arya's story is just lol. Why all the running, and Lady Crane rescue if she's capable of beating the waif in the dark anyhow? What was the point of the who are you I'm no one x 100000 training we had to endure the past two seasons?

- lollercaust at the whole Riverrun siege. So visually threatening to kill Edmure didn't make the soldiers budge but a voice command does carry weight? I won't even comment on the ridiculousness of the entire Edmure-Jaime exchange or the pointless Brienne intervention

This episode marks the third usage of the word "pussy":

1. "You want a good girl, but you need a bad pussy."
2. "You ever been with a girl with white pussy hair?"
3. "Smells like pussy."

Awful, just bloody awful. I honestly can't understand how this dialogue gets anywhere near a script. Maybe D&D just don't care.
now we just need stoneheart to show up so the arc can be complete.

"you want a live girl, but you need the dead pussy"

you know d&d wouldn't be able to resist.

NimbusD

I assumed that's where Varys was headed.

Oh yeah I guess. Brings up the young griff storyline, though it doesn't really make sense with the way things are unfolding. maybe dorne uprising without griff.

But still makes no sense that the sandsnakes took over, that makes varys coming in way more messy than just keeping oberyn.

My guess for ep 9: (are we allowes to talk about preview un-spoiler-marked?)
Bran does something to help? Or the white walkers start attacking? I dunno, just seems too straightforward, especially with all they felt like they were able to show in the preview.

Speevy

Banned
I don't mind this show tearing down legends. It would be a pretty boring show if every character just magically lived up to their reputation. What I mind are silly scenes that don't make any sense.

This episode felt like it was written in conjunction with episode 7, but they couldn't make it work so they just crammed all the scenes alongside each other in the hopes that no one would notice.

Like I said, Battle of the Bastards is next week. They can't mess up a huge battle, can they?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
After this episode I don't think the Tully's will ever reclaim Rivverrun, aside from Danny taking the Iron throne and giving it to Edmure for no fucking good reason.

I know the series isn't going to have happy endings abound, but it still bums me out because at least with LSH it felt like there was somebody pushing back.

Jaime's character might be the exact opposite of the books at this point in the story, but I'm glad they're actually having him act on his motivations in a decisive way now. For a while he was kind of floundering doing nothing and it was a total waste of the actor.

emag

Some failed Assassin's Creed stuff in that chase.

Odds on Arya performing a stealth assassination on Ramsay next episode?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
My guess for ep 9: (are we allowes to talk about preview un-spoiler-marked?)
Bran does something to help? Or the white walkers start attacking? I dunno, just seems too straightforward, especially with all they felt like they were able to show in the preview.

My money is on the Knights of the Vale showing up and being the only army that's not absolutely destroyed from all the fighting. Brienne gets back in time to save Jon and kill Ramsay.

cj_iwakura

Lady Stoneheart is so going to fucking happen.

That's how I feel, seems like there is massive foreshadowing here, and I have a feeling Sandor's going to be the one she strings up instead of Brienne.

That scene really was the best part of the ep. That and Ninja Dany's return.

Matticers

With Beric back I feel like LSH gotta happen now

I feel like it's less likely now with him being back. Either she already came back via Thoros and she just hasn't been shown yet or... well, that's the only option really. Beric can't bring her back with his death. She would be a skeleton by now. lol

Speevy

Banned
I heard a rumor that Mace Tyrell gets lost on his way back to Highgarden and accidentally wins the battle of the Bastards for Jon Snow.

Get hype.

Koko

Banned
My money is on the Knights of the Vale showing up and being the only army that's not absolutely destroyed from all the fighting. Brienne gets back in time to save Jon and kill Ramsay.

Not matter how good the overall episode ends being if they do this which of course they will because reasons I'm going to be so disappointed.

cj_iwakura

What was the rumor that Cersei had confirmed? I didn't get what that referred to.

And if LSH happens, I suspect she's been with the BWB all this time.

Iksenpets

Banned
I think this secret mission of his will be showing up to kill Kevan, Pycelle, and Qyburn... none of which will hold any weight whatsoever.

That was my thought until he specifically said that they need allies in Westeros. If his goal is allies, it's gotta be Dorne. I think Qyburn will make the hit against Kevan and Pycelle for Cersei after the Faith gets taken out by the wildfire.

SpaceHorror

D&D killed any hope of LSH and Cleganebowl in one episode. Not too bothered about the latter. It's a shame about LSH, though.

I feel like having her would totally counter all this shit going on in the Riverlands. Give us some satisfaction. It's weird that they aren't doing it when they keep throwing shit in that makes it seem like they are setting her up.

I wonder if Jamie's army will assist Ramsay now, since they haven't done a damn thing at Riverrun?

Everyone expects KotV to show up for Sansa to save the day, but Jamie could bring his army there and fuck everything up.

Speevy

Banned
I wonder if Jamie's army will assist Ramsay now, since they haven't done a damn thing at Riverrun?

Everyone expects KotV to show up for Sansa to save the day, but Jamie could bring his army there and fuck everything up.

There's no one defending King's Landing now.

Does the High Sparrow know there's no one defending King's Landing right now?

dabig2

Now that RR is hilariously over, can we talk about how fucking nonsensical Sansa's plan with Brienne here was? Like did she expect her outlaw uncle to actually be able to help her when he would have Lannisters and Freys literally nipping at his front door? How exactly was he ever going to be in a position to help out the Starks way the hell up North?

What a waste of Blackfish if he's dead dead too. Still holding out hope for salvaging RR if we get a Lady Stoneheart planning and executing Freys and Lannisters in her home later on. This seemed to be where the books were leading to and I hope we get to see this plot confirmed on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom