• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheContact

So many questions about Arya's arc here. Some of them being:

What was up with her casually walking around the city without a care in the world?
How did she run and take dives with her wounds?
How did she win the fight?
What was the point of the faceless arc? To show that she's a better assassin?

Also, Did the hound kill innocent Brotherhood guys? He killed the ones camping out but it was just 3 guys who raided that commune.

Would have liked to see the blackfish die instead of just being told about it.

Good episode.

Next episode preview. Wow

Eidan

Jesus, that was fucking weak all around. It's even more weak when you consider 2 seasons have been building up to this shit. 2 years of Arya fighting the Waif just for her to be stupid and then not show the final confrontation. 2 seasons of boring in King's Landing for nothing with no trial. Riverrun was pointless because Jaime has not developed as a character. He's doing everything for Cersei.

Are they now going to act like Davos cares about Shireen? If he did, he would have asked about her before now? I don't think Melasandre would have lied.

Good actors and good production wasted on abysmal writing.

Davos asked about Shireen the moment Melisandre returned from the Wall, and when he met Brienne.

LordCanti

It felt like everything happened off screen and that's a bummer. It's so odd to me that we have time for stuff like Missandei's joke corner but no time to see the Blackfish's final moments or Arya finally using Needle again.

Both things with a Clegane in them were crazy (head and spine all getting pulled out, Sandor axing heads clean off) but if it hypes up the Cleganebowl... Though I don't know how he could possibly end up in King's Landing fast enough for that to happen.

Next week is finally what we've been waiting for.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
It felt like everything happened off screen and that's a bummer. It's so odd to me that we have time for stuff like Missandei's joke corner but no time to see the Blackfish's final moments or Arya finally using Needle again.

Both things with a Clegane in them were crazy (head and spine all getting pulled out, Sandor axing heads clean off) but if it hypes up the Cleganebowl... Though I don't know how he could possibly end up in King's Landing fast enough for that to happen.

Next week is finally what we've been waiting for.
But there's no trial by combat. The show made it seem like The Hound might head to the Wall.

NeoGiff

I've never been more jarringly aware of an actor hitting their mark than every single time the Waif walked into frame, or moved her knife carefully into position. Jesus fucking Christ, what's going on?

Lothar

Banned
Davos asked about Shireen the moment Melisandre returned from the Wall, and when he met Brienne.

I know and because he was interrupted, he never brought it up again. It just wasn't important enough of a discussion to have for him. He cared that little about where Shireen was.

Kozak

Banned
That was a great ep up until Arya's stuff.

WTF was that.

Also, her wounds seemed non-existent in the Faceless Men temple..

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Jaimes monologue on the fierceness of a mothers love, and all relevant PoV converging makes me think they'll bring Stoneheart into play. That shit straight shocked me in the books.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
How could they name drop the Manderlys so much for them never to show up? Maybe next week?
Jaimes monologue on the fierceness of a mothers love makes me think they'll bring Stoneheart into play. That shit straight shocked me in the books.
Realize years have passed since the Red Wedding in the show. Book found her body a couple days later. If they even found her now it would be decomposing.

Speevy

Banned
I have liked this season, and I still think it's miles away from season 5. There were even scenes in the episode that that I sort of liked.

But like, what the fuck D and D? Can they please give Cogman all episodes next season?

That was probably the worst one since season 5, episode 9.

I know and because he was interrupted, he never brought it up again. It just wasn't important enough of a discussion to have for him. He cared that little about where Shirreen was.

I assume that he took Meli's silence as her being killed by the Boltons. The only way he'll find out the truth, is if he runs into one of the Stannis deserters.

Would the Hound be able to recognize Nymeria? Does he know Brienne? I'm trying to figure out the purpose of linking him with the Brotherhood for the overall story.

I'm assuming he will have a face-off with Brienne when she gets captured, that should be cool. I wonder if Nymeria will pop up to pull a certain corpse from a river.

Or maybe LSH will have the Hound killed instead of Brienne to end the season with a shock death.

Iksenpets

Banned
How could they name drop the Manderlys so much for them never to show up? Maybe next week?

I think Manderly is going to be nothing more than a little Easter egg for book fans. He'll show up after the battle and give a little speech for Jon or Sansa or whichever one they declare new ruler of the North.

Also, Stoneheart is so not happening. Edmure said it's been years since the Red Wedding. Cat's body is dust at this point. She is not coming back.

I have liked this season, and I still think it's miles away from season 5. There were even scenes in the episode that that I sort of liked.

But like, what the fuck D and D? Can they please give Cogman all episodes next season?

That was probably the worst one since season 5, episode 9.

There are a few arcs this season that were just poorly, poorly conceived and are pretty clearly just delaying for time. Arya and Tyrion are the worst offenders here. Dany's story, too, feels like it would be about two chapters in the book.

Speevy

Banned
Why would Dany fly into her pyramid as it was being assaulted?

That seems like a great way to get Dany killed.

I'd be like

"...well shit, I had better fly down with the army."

Lothar

Banned
I think Manderly is going to be nothing more than a little Easter egg for book fans. He'll show up after the battle and give a little speech for Jon or Sansa or whichever one they declare new ruler of the North.

Also, Stoneheart is so not happening. Edmure said it's been years since the Red Wedding. Cat's body is dust at this point. She is not coming back.

Counterpoint: Logic means nothing for the show. You could say Arya was stabbed several times in the stomach in the last episode. In this episode, she won't be running through the streets. But you'd be wrong. You never know with D & D.

Kozak

Banned
Man I really feel they should have went a different route in the show with Riverrun.

Edmure smacking Jaime about with his words in the tent was great. It would have been great for him to follow it up with not giving up the castle without a fight when he entered.

Really would have drove home how little respect everyone holds for Jaime and his honour.

It would have made Jaime attacking the Castle a great moral conflict, adding the depth we so desire from his character.

Instead we got "I'm Cersei's whipping boy".

I still enjoyed that part of the episode but man apart from looking and acting cool, Jaime's character is such a wanker.

Why would Dany fly into her pyramid as it was being assaulted?

That seems like a great way to get Dany killed.

I'd be like

"...well shit, I had better fly down with the army."

I dunno man she was in the sky, the boats were in the water and it didn't look like the catapults were reaching the top of the pyramid.

Apt101

I love how it seems nothing is going to be explained on why Jaqen wasted all this time and the Waif's life to help Arya remember she's a Stark.

I think, in the end, he considered her a friend. And, she gave the Many Faced God a life with the waif's, for the one she denied him. Basically they were square.

I can buy that Jaqen likes Arya and respects her. I think he was happy to train her and turn her into more of a fighter and then unleash her back on the world.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
So why did Daenrys just have her dragon drop
Her off at the door instead of torching the attacking ships first?

Because Mereen is a giant nebula of protracted exposition. This Mereenese Knot solution is just letting the knot deteriate until it undoes itself.

Kozak

Banned
PREVIEW DISCUSSION:
anyone notice Jon grabs for something on his belt? Its not his sword. Almost sounds like parchment

Saya

I just cant believe that the tully soldier would defy the blackfish, who has kept them alive for years in the castle, to let edmure in and then open all the gates for the lannisters. And then an offscreen death? We dont even got to see him go? What a mess.

Apt101

PREVIEW DISCUSSION:
anyone notice Jon grabs for something on his belt? Its not his sword. Almost sounds like parchment

Did Stannis ever give him some kind of decree naming him a Stark? I can't recall. I know it was offered in the books.

Speevy

Banned
I just cant believe that the tully soldier would defy the blackfish, who has kept them alive for years in the castle, to let edmure in and then open all the gates for the lannisters. And then an offscreen death? We dont even got to see him go? What a mess.

But Edmure won that stone mill, fair and square.

Seriously though, honor-bound soldiers would totally follow the orders of their liege lord.

NeoGiff

This episode marks the third usage of the word "pussy":

1. "You want a good girl, but you need a bad pussy."
2. "You ever been with a girl with white pussy hair?"
3. "Smells like pussy."

Awful, just bloody awful. I honestly can't understand how this dialogue gets anywhere near a script. Maybe D&D just don't care.

well that was quite the drop off in quality from last week. cogman seriously needs to take the reigns from here on out because every episode d&d have written this season have been the weakest. at least next week looks hype.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
First time since the show started that I just wanted it to end. Terrible episode. I know the bad fanfic insult gets thrown a lot but this episode really felt like it.

3. "Smells like pussy."

Awful, just bloody awful. I honestly can't understand how this dialogue gets anywhere near a script. Maybe D&D just don't care.

But "cock" is totally fine though....

Speevy

Banned

3. "Smells like pussy."

Where are those books? Let's murder them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom