• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

I so hope Stannis had a fake death. There are no legit Baratheons left. Who is even ruling Stormlands at the moment?
Tommen. He is a Baratheon, even in name only. I guess Margaery is technically Margaery Baratheon? Maiden names are weird in the show and books. You always hear Catelyn Stark, but I don't think they ever said Cersei Baratheon even when she was married to the king.

I have a question: what was the point of the scene where Tyrion unchained the dragons? They didn't do anything after that, right? And now Dany is back so it was pointless.

Declaring that scene pointless at this point is short sighted, there's two dragons that haven't been ridden by anyone.

EW: Spoiler Room: Game of Thrones

Is there anything you can say about the Battle of the Bastards on Game of Thrones? — Ronan
In short, I’m told it’s amazing and the most spectacular TV battle you’ve ever seen, even when it comes to one element that’s under-appreciated, but really expensive: lots of horses. Kit Harington demonstrates everything he’s learned as an action star and physical performer over the last five years. It’s must see and must see live. Also, the bastards battle isn’t the only action sequence in the episode. Stew on that.

Seems like we're getting the battle of fire as well. Probably won't be as ambitious as ice but at least it won't be completely off screen.

Pkaz01

I really hope we get an Arya and Hound reunion luckily its totally something the show would do. I can already play it out as they both walk up to eachother and say "you're still alive?" In a sarcastic deadpan way

It also wouldve been awesome for beric or thoros ask so what happened to Arya?

bitbydeath

I really hope we get an Arya and Hound reunion luckily its totally something the show would do. I can already play it out as they both walk up to eachother and say "you're still alive?" In a sarcastic deadpan way

It also wouldve been awesome for beric or thoros ask so what happened to Arya?

I also hope he kills Brienne next time he sees her.

So what skills has Arya picked up in Braavos from the Faceless Men? Besides how to fight in the dark and kill someone off screen? I mean I guess she learned to remove the faces off people so there's that.

Branduil

Declaring that scene pointless at this point is short sighted, there's two dragons that haven't been ridden by anyone.

It's pointless because Dany could do the same thing.

Let me put it another way, what was Tyrion's plan in unchaining them? He made it seem like he was going to do something with them, and then... nothing.

fanboi

Banned

Let me put it another way, what was Tyrion's plan in unchaining them? He made it seem like he was going to do something with them, and then... nothing.

Well it showed them trusting him (and he saved their lives) which will come in handy soon I believe.

As fanboi pointed out, attempting to establish trust with them. If Tyrion is going to be involved with the dragons in some capacity, that's something he has to do, not Dany.
What if Dany turns heel and kills Grey Worm and Missandei?
I saved the Gilly pic you posted and was going to replace the one in the OT, but this post made me change my mind.

Madness

So what skills has Arya picked up in Braavos from the Faceless Men? Besides how to fight in the dark and kill someone off screen? I mean I guess she learned to remove the faces off people so there's that.

For some reason with several gut wounds and stitches she can jump out of a three story window and land like Captain America as well as slide under carts and run like the wind etc.

I'm still laughing that someone said Arya was now the most dangerous person in Westeros a few pages back. Yeah she is real dangerous in an enclosed space with no light while she has a sword and her opponent has but a dagger.

Speevy

Banned
\
I saved the Gilly pic you posted and was going to replace the one in the OT, but this post made me change my mind.

Well, well.

the-hound-kills-members-of-the-brotherhood.gif

Pkaz01

How to lie and act, poisons, changing her face, heigtened senses, i assume the same stuff she will learn in the books. The show just did a terrible job of getting her there

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
How to lie and act, poisons, changing her face, heigtened senses, i assume the same stuff she will learn in the books. The show just did a terrible job of getting her there

She's also now immune to whatever death water's in that fountain.

That stuff must be like Corin's water of strength that Goku drank to fight Mercenary Tao.

Forkball

Perhaps a silly question, but didn't Rickard Karstark lose his two sons (one in battle, the other to Jaime)?

In the books, he loses two sons to Jaime in the battle where the Northern army captures Jaime. Though in the show, I believe the guard who checks on and gets killed by Jaime is a Karstark and that's why ol' beardie is mad.

[edit] Just checked and in the show one son is killed in battle and one was strangled during Jaime's escape.

They're also blowing their budget on tomorrows episode plus there'll be more dragon scenes either squeezed in tomorrow or fleshed out next week.

I guess it's possible that he's visited numerous times, but off screen? They do like to have things happen off screen... Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom