• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there not being a Northern rebellion against the Boltons really sucked. Bad enough the North doesn't remember squat, but you'd think after Ramsay started loosing arrows into their own men, it would have turned a few people.
While on the topic, I dislike how there really was no northern lords, besides karstark and bolton, shown really when Robb went to war. I remember Lord Umber in season 1 but no idea if he was in season 2.

Speevy

Banned
Grey Worm tell joke.

S4A9OP0G.jpeg
What King Slanding and Dornish pepper have in common

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1209260.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Superhot -- MB-CA9C38CD847FD1A6 - Taken by Layell. 13 entrants total.
header.jpg

t1466556154z1.png

Sheroking

Actually... now that I think about it... was that part of the prophecy even in the show? I seem to recall they deliberately cut the last part out. So that gives the showrunners an out if they want to set up Cersei's fate in their own way while the books could do something different.

Rewatched the scene and yeah, they cut it.

She was just told that a younger, more beautiful queen would take everything she held dear and that her three children would have "golden crowns and golden shrouds".

Iksenpets

Banned
I really wanted to see John kill his ass but good to see Tormand bite his throat out. Do we know Karstark lived?

He didn't have an onscreen death, nor was he shown charging into battle, but he also wasn't shown retreating with Ramsay. Maybe he's just an implied death? Maybe his death just got lost somewhere on the cutting room floor? Or maybe they want a prisoner for Jon to dispense justice to next episode?

Has anyone read up on/looked into the theory that there are a clutch of dragon eggs in the deepest levels the Winterfell crypt, from the dragon Vermax?

Makes Jon's dreams more interesting, if you approach them from that angle:

"And then I find myself in front of the door to the crypts. It's black inside, and I can see the steps spiraling down. Somehow I know I have to go down there, but I don't want to. I'm afraid of what might be waiting for me. The old Kings of Winter are down there, sitting on their thrones with stone wolves at their feet and iron swords across their laps, but it's not them I'm afraid of. I scream that I'm not a Stark, that this isn't my place, but it's no good, I have to go anyway, so I start down, feeling the walls as I descend, with no torch to light the way. It gets darker and darker, until I want to scream." He stopped, frowning, embarrassed. "That's when I always wake."

Also:

"Last night he had dreamt the Winterfell dream again. He was wandering the empty castle, searching for his father, descending into the crypts. Only this time the dream had gone further than before.

I really do think there's something in the crypts that will link Jon to his true heritage. Could they be dragon eggs? Another hint, possibly, is from something Vermax's rider, Jacaerys said:

"Our uncle calls us Strongs, and claims that we are Bastards, but when the lords see us on dragonback they will know that for a lie. Only Targaryens ride dragons."

Could all be rubbish or tinfoil hattish but still interesting to me. Perhaps there's something far simpler for Jon to find, but how has not anyone else discovered it, whatever it may be, in the crypts by now?

The show may shutter all that in the show and just have Littlefinger tell Jon or something, as Bran discovers it via greensight at ToJ.

Lol 🙃

I always assumed what was down there for Jon was with Lyanna's remains either Rhaegar's lute or a wedding cloak if not both..

rando14

I expect every single still living character from this season to make an appearance.

*Arya sailing home on ship, bragging to everyone she's going home to Winterfell
*Guy walk up next to her to high five her
*pulls out knife
*Jaqen tears off fake face
*"Valar morghulus"
*Arya ded

Mr Git

I was really hoping this guy would betray Ramsey. What a waste.

EDIT: the prophecy in the show only talks about the death of her children IIRC.

Yeah it's been said before in this thread - but I was also very much expecting the rebellion in that episode. Particularly considering Ramsay's complete lack of regard for his own men with the archers firing in. That and that they'd alluded to his men betraying him with the character dialogue. Oh well, good to see Tormund bitey win.

bitbydeath

Prediction time -

Arya - Will be last seen leaving on a ship with the face she stole.

Dany and crew - also on ships to Westeros.

Bran and Meera - Make it through the passage in the Wall.

Jon, Sansa and crew - Prepare for the bigger fight, earthquake hits.

Nights Watch - All dead, wall comes down on them. (Source of the Earthquake)

Varys - Kills what remains of the small council with help from his birds.

Cersei - Burns down KL, many die, Tommen included.

Jamie - Comes back to find KL in flames.

The Hound - Eats chicken

Iksenpets

Banned
I expect every single still living character from this season to make an appearance.

Totally. I expect:

1. Lots of Kings Landing, with all the major players there either getting blown up by wildfire or shanked by little birds.
2. Big scene up North with all the surviving characters figuring out the new political situation.
3. Varys in Dorne, negotiating alliance. Maybe Olenna shows up to throw the Reach in on Team Dany, too?
4. Arya landing in Westeros
5. Sam and Gilly get to Oldtown
6. Feast with Jaime and the Freys
7. Brienne and Pod probably run into the Brotherhood, just to tie all of them into the finale
8. Dany and crew setting sail
9. Bran and the gang hanging out, finishing the Tower of Joy vision
10. Finally to the Wall with Edd to see the fall

It'll probably be a lot, even for the 70 minute runtime

I always assumed what was down there for Jon was with Lyanna's remains either Rhaegar's lute or a wedding cloak if not both..

They could to Rhaegar's harp, too. I guess for the show, they could maybe show something in the ToJ that Bran sees, and then show that same object in the crypts and have Jon find it? Or perhaps they'll just cut from ToJ straight to Jon to heavily imply the lineage.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
If anything, Davos was the stupid one. He shouldn't have sent out the knights to rescue Jon. Everything worked out (seriously, the good guys had one death and it was unavoidable) but it was still really dumb.
Jon would've died and then the Wildling army would've bailed.

And a lot more than one guy died. The Wildling army pretty much got decimated.

Yeah it's been said before in this thread - but I was also very much expecting the rebellion in that episode. Particularly considering Ramsay's complete lack of regard for his own men with the archers firing in. That and that they'd alluded to his men betraying him with the character dialogue. Oh well, good to see Tormund bitey win.

the northern lords are weak as hell. lady mormont is boss though

Gigglepoo

Jon would've died and then the Wildling army would've bailed.

And a lot more than one guy died. The Wildling army pretty much got decimated.

Would the Wildings have bolted? Also, I meant one named character died. No one else that we know was killed even amid all that carnage. It's amazing how the show has gone from "Everyone is in danger!" to "Wait, does everyone have plot armor?"

Why is everyone predicting the fall of the wall? Isn't it protected by plotmagicks?

Because Bran has the mark.

Visceir

In theory, camp Stark could soon have the following leaders/ MVPs:
- Sansa Stark
- Arya Stark
- Bran Stark
- Jon Snow (Stark if legitimized by whomever is head of House)
- Brienne of Tarth
- Ser Davos Seaworth (not sure he's going to stay, but where would he go?)
- Tormund
- Red priestess Melissande (unless she gets a sword in the face from Davos)
- Northen houses that will honor their oath, including lady Mormont

Tenuous allies:
- Peter Baelish and Robin Aryn, Prince of the Vale
- The Watch

Possible:
- Brotherhood without banner (with possibly the Hound)
- House Tully (Edmure) once fred from the Freys)

I think I'm gonna go with Tormund as my hero for the next MOBA match. That throat bite skill is op.

Why is everyone predicting the fall of the wall? Isn't it protected by plotmagicks?

Books: the Horn of Joranum, once blown, is said to have the power to bring down the wall. The horn is currently with Sam in Oldtown. Magic horns have their consequences, however. Dragonbinder burns its user from within, if the user is not the horn's master. No one is quite sure who can activate the Horn of Joranum yet, if it even can do what has been claimed of it anyway.

Show: Bran has been marked by the Night's King, and some have theorized that if Bran goes south of the wall, then it will allow the NK to gain the ability to bring down the wall. There was a horn found with some dragon glass, out beyond the wall, in an earlier season, and I believe Sam took the horn, but there hasn't been any mention of it since that I can recall.

The wall coming down talk is being fueled by episode 10's title, "The Winds of Winter". A fitting name for an event such as the wall being collapsed by the White Walkers and the Night's King.

Black_Sun

In the books, the Horn of Joramun is with Sam. The horn can destroy the wall and Euron's near it. Euron's going to blow it for sure.

In the show, there needs to be something equivalent to that happening so.....yeah

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Because the main plot can't go anywhere till the White Walkers make it past the wall.

That said, I'm pretty sure it won't happen until next season. Benjen already told Bran that he would be hanging out at the wall for a while till the Walkers came.

Would the Wildings have bolted? Also, I meant one named character died. No one else that we know was killed even amid all that carnage. It's amazing how the show has gone from "Everyone is in danger!" to "Wait, does everyone have plot armor?"

Because Bran has the mark.
They were only there because of Jon. Even if they didn't all flee, they would have been demotivated. The entire battle relied upon Jon surviving.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Books: the Horn of Joranum, once blown, is said to have the power to bring down the wall. The horn is currently with Sam in Oldtown. Magic horns have their consequences, however.
I do wonder why anyone felt that making such a thing was a good idea.
Dragonbinder burns its user from within, if the user is not the horn's master. No one is quite sure who can activate the Horn of Joranum yet, if it even can do what has been claimed of it anyway.
I've always thought that someone who's fireproof is the most logical person to blow the horn.

Show: Bran has been marked by the Night's King, and some have theorized that if Bran goes south of the wall, then it will allow the NK to gain the ability to bring down the wall. There was a horn found with some dragon glass, out beyond the wall, in an earlier season, and I believe Sam took the horn, but there hasn't been any mention of it since that I can recall.

The wall coming down talk is being fueled by episode 10's title, "The Winds of Winter". A fitting name for an event such as the wall being collapsed by the White Walkers and the Night's King.
It's a sketchy theory that I hope is handled better than that.

Bread

Banned
*Arya sailing home on ship, bragging to everyone she's going home to Winterfell
*Guy walk up next to her to high five her
*pulls out knife
*Jaqen tears off fake face
*"Valar morghulus"
*Arya ded
*a ship docks in the icy waters north of the wall
*the nights king and white walkers walk up to the shore with thousands of wights behind them
*3 silhouettes leave the ship and walk up to the white walkers
*camera pans to reveal the sand snakes
"Must be terrible being cold all the time, you need some hot bods and bad pussy to warm you up"

I do wonder why anyone felt that making such a thing was a good idea. I've always thought that someone who's fireproof is the most logical person to blow the horn.

It's a sketchy theory that I hope is handled better than that.

- I hope GRRM goes a bit deeper into those horns, and where they came from/who created them, or at the very least, how those particular magics work. Euron isn't a Targ (though in the books, I don't think the Targs are fireproof like they are in the show?), so it makes it interesting how he came to be the horn's master. I imagine he found it in the ruins of the Doom.

- It is a bit sketch, and it'll be interesting to see how they explain it/handle it. I highly doubt that the horn will be the cause, as the only horn they've shown is with Sam last time we even saw the thing, and Euron is currently building ships to sail to Mereen, which is the opposite direction from where Sam is or is headed...

...unless Sam isn't going to Oldtown in the show. Him taking the sword makes me wonder if he's headed back up North or elsewhere.

KahooTs

If they're playing the Jon and Sansa butting heads angle then Robb's will would be a chance to show up in the finale, as they're deciding how WF/the north is going to be ruled.

Black_Sun

If they're playing the Jon and Sansa butting heads angle then Robb's will would be a chance to show up in the finale, as they're deciding how WF/the north is going to be ruled.

The books are setting up for a Starkbowl between Rickon + Stannis and Jon + Wildlings + part of the North and Sansa + Vale.

The show is shortcutting this by removing Stannis and Rickon.

I suspect that they don't want to make Jon too unsympathetic so the new King in North will be Jon and Sansa will accept that but LF will be whispering things in Sansa's ear to betray him

Also Robb's will isn't in the show.

All the hype and excitement leading up to BOB has made me forget about the Bran flashbacks. Anyone think we have a chance at seeing young Ned make it up to the tower in the finale?

Speevy

Banned
All the hype and excitement leading up to BOB has made me forget about the Bran flashbacks. Anyone think we have a chance at seeing young Ned make it up to the tower in the finale?

Last time on Bran's flashback...

"Nowy tends."

"Father!"

*Ned looks back, trips over a stone and hits his head*

"Let's have a look at your head young man. It seems to have only affected your ability to make important decisions. Ah well, nothing to worry about."

Vire

I thought the episode was fucking awesome, but I have a hard time reconciling that George RR Martin wrote Rickon into the story entirely for just that one scene. His 'character' just feels so very empty and pointless.

I'd like to think he has greater plans for him or at least a little more meat.

I really, really, REALLY hope Ramsay's last words to Sansa don't mean that she's pregnant with his kid. What a cheesy soap opera move that would be.

I thought the episode was fucking awesome, but I have a hard time reconciling that George RR Martin wrote Rickon into the story entirely for just that one scene. His 'character' just feels so very empty and pointless.

To be fair, though, Rickon's plot is pretty different in the books. In the show he just goes with Osha to Last Hearth, but in the books he's on Skagos, and Davos actually is setting out to look for him there.

So while it's entirely possible and I'd say even likely for Rickon to die at some point, he certainly will get something more to do than just getting caught and killed by an arrow that shouldn't even have hit him.

Iksenpets

Banned

There is virtually no way that scene happens in the books. That was just them either ending the Rickon story early because they're not interested in it, or if he dies in the book, rewriting his death to fit the plot they've written. I don't think there's anyway Rickon somehow gets from Skagos into Ramsay's custody.

Speevy

Banned
I think the Winterfell bodies won't come back because they're just a giant, expensive prop that they'd have to replace with wight extras.

It would be much easier to say they burned them and start with fresh wights.

KahooTs

- I hope GRRM goes a bit deeper into those horns, and where they came from/who created them, or at the very least, how those particular magics work. Euron isn't a Targ (though in the books, I don't think the Targs are fireproof like they are in the show?), so it makes it interesting how he came to be the horn's master. I imagine he found it in the ruins of the Doom.

Here's a theory. Dragonbinder will just streamline what MMD's blood magic did. Turn a person into a dragon, Drogo = Drogon. It's supposed to be mortal for everyone, it's a one way skinchanging trip, person dies but they become the dragon, blood for fire, fire for blood. Basically what Varamyr tried to do to a person and wishes he could have done to Ghost. The Valyrian dragon riding families had members sacrifice themselves to become a dragon, so their family can ride them. The horn is just the civilised way of doing it, without the mess and dance routine of MMD.

Euron will never know if he can fly unless he jumps from a tall tower. It's referencing suicide, because that's basically what he has to do. Blowing the horn will kill him, but for it he will be able to fly. But there seems to be another component too, sacrificing a child, Rhaego was also killed, and Euron seems to know he needs a dragonblood baby.

Vire

Can't wait for it to take 14 episodes for Dany to travel to Westeros when it takes 2 for Yara and Theon to get to Meereen.

There is virtually no way that scene happens in the books. That was just them either ending the Rickon story early because they're not interested in it, or if he dies in the book, rewriting his death to fit the plot they've written. I don't think there's anyway Rickon somehow gets from Skagos into Ramsay's custody.

Rickon is also 5 or 6 years old at this point in the books, so it's hard to imagine him doing anything significant other than being a plot device.

And then there's George named his wolf Shaggy Dog thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom