• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Has Davos killed anyone in the entire show so far? I mean, I think he must have, but I just don't remember any instance at all. Lol.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I hope in Season 7 they put out a casting call for a new character called Lady Stonehart. And for it just to end up being a bit role for someone in a minor house called... Lady Stonehart.
And then they'll name an episode next season "Stoneheart" but it'll be about Sansa not giving a shit anymore, Jorah turning into a stoneman and a literal heart shaped stone that Arya finds on a beach.

duckroll

And then they'll name an episode next season "Stoneheart" but it'll be about Sansa not giving a shit anymore, Jorah turning into a stoneman and a literal heart shaped stone that Arya finds on a beach.

Lena Headey's directorial debut?

Why do people even want the Lady Stoneheart shit? It's terrible in the books.

I think it's like two people who actually want it, and the rest of us making fun of them. Lol.

Speevy

Banned
we need a new hilariously evil villain who kills characters we love.

tumblr_o7m140Y3La1s95j2so4_250.gif

Yara and Theon dead in episode 10

Black_Sun

Why do people even want the Lady Stoneheart shit? It's terrible in the books.

Isn't that too early to judge? Lady Stoneheart has only been in 2 chapters and she was only in the first chapter for one page.

She's also pretty intriguing because she seems to have a master plan and is actually punishing the Freys.

Brakke

Banned
Isn't that too early to judge? Lady Stoneheart has only been in 2 chapters and she was only in the first chapter for one page.

She's also pretty intriguing because she seems to have a master plan and is actually punishing the Freys.

She's just an angry zombie playing penny-ante games against a nobody House that doesn't matter. Girl's petty.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

She seemed more hellbent on making sure all her remaining children died than doing anything useful.

Black_Sun

Jon doesn't act the same though. There are subtle yet clear differences between the pre-res and post-res him.

Well that's the problem.

Being rezzed shouldn't be creating slight differences. It should be making huge shifts in personality for the person.

Jon's just mopier now than he was before but it's really just a phase unless we find out Bran has warged Jon and the real Jon is in Ghost

Black_Sun

She seemed more hellbent on making sure all her remaining children died than doing anything useful.

She's killed quite a bit of Freys, she's looking to create a Red Wedding 2.0 at Riverrun and even take it, she's going to try to rescue Edmure and Jeyne, she's going to try to rescue the Northern prisoners who are now en route from the Twins to KL, and she's most likely going to be the one to crown Jon the King in the North and resurrect him in the books.

LS has also been actively looking for Arya in the books. That's why she started an orphanage to collect all the Riverland orphans she could find and have Gendry sort them out. The inn that Brienne finds.

Brakke

Banned
I just want Jon to take off his shirt again before the season's out. He still got huge gaping stab wounds all over? Dondarion apparently never grew his eye back, but do they heal at all?

Black_Sun

How do you figure? For this to be the case, Jon is like a thousand pages away from getting rezzed. "A little bloated" indeed.

Yep. Jon isn't getting rezzed until at least midway through TWOW.

Basically Jon this season took Stannis' plot from the books.

We know the pink letter is fake because a) GRRM said Stannis was alive and (b) D & D said Stannis burns Shireen.

Melisandre also has to be the one to convince Stannis to burn Shireen so this means that most likely the Boltons lose, Stannis wins and so Melisandre comes to Winterfell, LS is the one that rezzes Jon's corpse at the wall, then the Others break through and besiege Winterfell and then Stannis burns Shireen somewhere in ADOS (because let's be honest it took Melisandre several chapters to push Stannis near the edge of burning Edric, it should take at least as long to convince to burn Shireen)

There's also D & D saying that season 6 bears little resemblance to what will happen in the books so something major must've changed here and I'm willing to bet that's the Northern storyline.

In this case, it's actually the show spinning it's wheels by having Jon do the same thing that Stannis could've should've canonically done last season in the last episode which is taking Winterfell from the Boltons.

If you re-read the fourth and fifth book enough times like I have, figure out what GRRM is trying to set up with each chapter and read a lot of the smarter people who analyze ASOIAF, you can pick up on the break crumbs.

Yes, Jon will become the new king in the north, yes he will hook up with Daenerys, yes Daenerys will die and yes Arya will too. And yes Sansa and Bran will survive until the end.

Brakke

Banned
If you re-read the fourth and fifth book enough times like I have, figure out what GRRM is trying to set up with each chapter and read a lot of the smarter people who analyze ASOIAF, you can pick up on the break crumbs.

Many things clicked into place here.

Black_Sun

Many things clicked into place here.

I've only re-read them 3 times. The first time 5 years ago, the second time after the Meereenese Blot came out and I tried looking them from a new perspective and the third time I did it recently using the Boiled Leather combination after I really read most of the smart theories.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Yep. Jon isn't getting rezzed until at least midway through TWOW.

Basically Jon this season took Stannis' plot from the books.

We know the pink letter is fake because a) GRRM said Stannis was alive and (b) D & D said Stannis burns Shireen.

Melisandre also has to be the one to convince Stannis to burn Shireen so this means that most likely the Boltons lose, Stannis wins and so Melisandre comes to Winterfell, LS is the one that rezzes Jon's corpse at the wall, then the Others break through and besiege Winterfell and then Stannis burns Shireen somewhere in ADOS (because let's be honest it took Melisandre several chapters to push Stannis near the edge of burning Edric, it should take at least as long to convince to burn Shireen)

There's also D & D saying that season 6 bears little resemblance to what will happen in the books so something major must've changed here and I'm willing to bet that's the Northern storyline.

In this case, it's actually the show spinning it's wheels by having Jon do the same thing that Stannis could've should've canonically done last season in the last episode which is taking Winterfell from the Boltons.

Yes, Jon will become the new king in the north, yes he will hook up with Daenerys, yes Daenerys will die and yes Arya will too. And yes Sansa and Bran will survive until the end.
lmao

Brakke

Banned
I guess Jon woke up with them because they weren't healing while he was dead, but then that starts again now that he's alive.

duckroll

I just can't see this dude being the big bad villain, he looks so harmless and stupid. He is the big bad human villain in the books, isn't he?

In the books Euron is a leaner more handsome dude with longer hair, an eye patch, pale blue lips, and is basically an anime villain. He has legendary elite loot from grinding in the far eastern bonus dungeons, knows all about dark magic and secret artes, and in the latest unreleased chapter GRRM read at a convention
he even got a complete unique set armor made of pure Valyrian steel, jet black, with glowing magic runes engraved onto every scale.

HMD

In the books Euron is a leaner more handsome dude with longer hair, an eye patch, pale blue lips, and is basically an anime villain. He has legendary elite loot from grinding in the far eastern bonus dungeons, knows all about dark magic and secret artes, and in the latest unreleased chapter GRRM read at a convention
he even got a complete unique set armor made of pure Valyrian steel, jet black, with glowing magic runes engraved onto every scale.

Ew, too fantasy for me.

Cromwell

Banned

They're usually really good with casting, but here it's straight up bad. The writing isn't doing him any favors either, though.

Jon doesn't act the same though. There are subtle yet clear differences between the pre-res and post-res him.

Clear differences? I disagree. He's almost exactly the same. Maybe like slightly more aggressive? That's about all I can come up with. His biggest change is the haircut and light armor to medium armor upgrade.

Moff

the casting obiously wanted someone who looks like theon, this can't be a coincidende, and as usual I don't blame the actor but the writing

I don't mind they toned down the fantasy, Roose was a much better fit for the show than the book fantasy vampire

they only character I relly wished should have been all fantasy was Bloodraven

I wonder if GRRM is going to make a typical subversion of fantasy, making him eat dirt in the most mundane of ways.
"Will all that magical loot save his skin when Arya kills him in the shitter" for example.

Cromwell

Banned
the casting obiously wanted someone who looks like theon, this can't be a coincidende, and as usual I don't blame the actor but the writing

I don't mind they toned down the fantasy, Roose was a much better fit for the show than the book fantasy vampire

they only character I relly wished should have been all fantasy was Bloodraven

Book Roose isn't a vampire. Leeching was totally a thing in the middle ages.

Real Hero

you know he's not actually a vampire in the books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom