• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
The show knew we were waiting for the clegane bowl possibilities and was all "trial by combat is now no longer allowed, because we knew you'd rather watch 30 minutes of an awkward altar boy and his priest accuse a woman and a gay man of not being christian instead of a cool battle scene"

Oberyn nominated himself for a trial by combat just so he could kill the Mountain.

The Hound is a wanted fugitive and no one knows where he is.

There's quite a big stretch to have him face his brother in a trial by combat. Plus, any time this show mentions something really obvious in the first few episodes with a neat and tidy conclusion based on a character's wishes, it never happens.

Oberyn nominated himself for a trial by combat just so he could kill the Mountain.

The Hound is a wanted fugitive and no one knows where he is.

There's quite a big stretch to have him face his brother in a trial by combat. Plus, any time this show mentions something really obvious in the first few episodes with a neat and tidy conclusion based on a character's wishes, it never happens.

I trust in Sandor to use the power of convenient time passage to be in king's landing within the episode, and then wear a mustache while calling himself "Dansor Glecane"

duckroll

Things we'll probably see in Season 7:
- The sacking of Oldtown
- The Wall collapsing
- Sam reuniting with Jon
- Hound vs Mountain
- Dany arriving in Westeros

What we'll definitely see in Season 8:
-The Mount Everest of Salt from book-only fans

jett

D-Member
Miguel Sapochnik was asked why we didn't see Ghost in Battle of the Bastards:

"[Ghost] was there in spades originally, but it's also an incredibly time consuming and expensive character to bring to life," the episode's director told Business Insider on Monday. "Ultimately we had to choose between Wun-Wun and the direwolf, so the dog bit the dust."

OH FUCK OFF

This show desperately needed more direwolf action. It's pathetic, is what it is.

Matsukaze

- The sacking of Oldtown
- The Wall collapsing
- Sam reuniting with Jon
- Hound vs Mountain
Sam gives Jon Heartsbane, Jon dual wields Heartsbane and Longclaw (despite the whole two-handed greatswords thing), and Jon fanboys go apeshit.

It is known.

Black_Sun

So in the House of the Undying, Dany is told that

Have any of the visions turned out to be wrong yet? Is KL burning just a gigantic red herring (like Cleganebowl)?

Some of the visions before Daenerys sees the HOTU are not true but once she reaches them they're all true.

Daughter of Death (People whose bodies she had to climb over to attain her destiny):

Aerys (father)

Rhaegar (brother)

Rhaego (son)

Slayer of Lies (people she will kill and prove false)

Stannis (false messiah)

Aegon (false Targaryen)

Stone beast (false dragon)

Bride of Fire (people she will marry/ fall in love with)

Drogo (horse)

Euron (kraken)

Jon Snow (wolf)

duckroll

Is it realistic to expect the Citadel to be shown in the finale? I was really looking forward to seeing it and Oldtown this season, and so far that has been the one disappointment. I thought Sam would have a large role this season, but instead he's barely in it...

Does it even make sense for them to design and create sets for Oldtown and the Citadel just for a single episode? Or are they likely just saving it for next season? :(

- The sacking of Oldtown
- The Wall collapsing
- Sam reuniting with Jon
- Hound vs Mountain

things I hope happen: euron is forgotten about because he's lame AF on the show lol

Is it realistic to expect the Citadel to be shown in the finale? I was really looking forward to seeing it and Oldtown this season, and so far that has been the one disappointment. I thought Sam would have a large role this season, but instead he's barely in it...

Does it even make sense for them to design and create sets for Oldtown and the Citadel just for a single episode? Or are they likely just saving it for next season? :(

I feel like it would be too much new information to squish into the last episode personally. It seems like a lot of the early episodes this season were setting up for all the cool stuff happening now at the end. They barely talked about Oldtown, with Sam's plot just being the family drama. I don't think they'd go back and expand upon it at this point. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The final song usually includes some variation of the title song, which is
The Winds of Winter.

Cersei and Loras' trial is Sunday, and there has to be music to that.
What do you mean by title song? If you mean the main title song of Game of Thrones, that's actually in
Light of the Seven

If you mean the song named after the episode itself, I think that only applied to seasons 3 & 4. Not that I'm disagreeing with
Winds of Winter
being the credit song. It sounds pretty "credity", but so did Throne for the Game, or whatever they renamed that one.

Speevy

Banned
Tworon Greyjoy coming in season 2.

If they can do it with Daario, they can do it again.

I wonder if Euron meets Daario in episode 10 and it's like the second Becky. They just swap.

Speevy

Banned
What do you mean by title song? If you mean the main title song of Game of Thrones, that's actually in
Light of the Seven

If you mean the song named after the episode itself, I think that only applied to seasons 3 & 4. Not that I'm disagreeing with
Winds of Winter
being the credit song. It sounds pretty "credity", but so did Throne for the Game, or whatever they renamed that one.

Season 1 ended with Dany standing up with her dragons being born.
Season 2 ended with Sam cowering to the Whitewalker/Wight army.
Season 3 ended with Mhysa and the Dany mosh pit with the freed slaves.
Season 4 ended with Arya on a journey to Braavos.
Season 5 ended with Jon's stabbing.

I'm guessing that season 6 ends with either Dany beginning the journey to Westeros, or Jon, Sansa, and Arya in Winterfell.

The music they call
"The WInds of Winter"
sounds an awful lot like Dany music, but the
Light of the Seven
has some pretty tragic tones to it.

duckroll

The final scene of Season 6 will be Jon in the crypts opening a secret panel in a wall, and finding a hidden chamber with Rhaegar's Legendary Unique Set Armor made of Valyrian Steel. Slow zoom on the armor as the runes start lighting up. Credits.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

0% chance they designed a new set for 1 episode. We're probably getting another Dorne scene next episode just to justify its usage in episode 1.

Best bet is Sam arriving to a CG Oldtown in the distance.

The closing shot of the last episode has to be either:

1) Wall breached
2) Stoneheart
3) Dany sailing to Westeros
Stoneheart's not happening lol

It's probably:
A) Watching Kings Landing burn, ending in a shot from the distance
B) Birds announcing winters arrival while we get a montage of where everyone is right now (Dany and co sailing out, Jon being King, Bran posing for Nights Watch monthly, etc). Similar to how they did the ending to season 4.

Not necessarily a ending shot (although it could be), but I think using the White Raven as a connective tissue at different locations would be cool.

Speevy

Banned
I wonder who owns the prop Battle of the Bastards body pile. I would like to own something like that to display on Halloween.

The final scene of Season 6 will be Jon in the crypts opening a secret panel in a wall, and finding a hidden chamber with Rhaegar Ned's Legendary Unique Set Armor made of Valyrian Steel dragonglass. Slow zoom on the armor as the runes start lighting up. Credits.

Indeed.

0% chance they designed a new set for 1 episode. We're probably getting another Dorne scene next episode just to justify its usage in episode 1.

Best bet is Sam arriving to a CG Oldtown in the distance.

Stoneheart's not happening lol

It's probably:
A) Watching Kings Landing burn, ending in a shot from the distance
B) Birds announcing winters arrival while we get a montage of where everyone is right now (Dany and co sailing out, Jon being King, Bran posing for Nights Watch monthly, etc). Similar to how they did the ending to season 4.

XD hahaha

Vire

OH FUCK OFF

This show desperately needed more direwolf action. It's pathetic, is what it is.
You are seriously complaining that they didn't have a large enough budget for this episode? It's one of the most lavishly produced and impressive bits of television ever and all you can think is "but they didn't get da dire wolves doh".

Speevy

Banned
They need to do an outtake where Maester Wulkan walks in after the dogs have eaten Ramsay.

Sansa stares him down and he says "Poisoned by our enemies?"

You are seriously complaining that they didn't have a large enough budget for this episode? It's one of the most lavishly produced and impressive bits of television ever and all you can think is "but they didn't get da dire wolves doh".

lol right? I'm glad Ghost wasn't present- no way a direwolf would have survived that battle.

Dai101

Banned
OH FUCK OFF

6ugtAMOl.png

jett

D-Member

but I wants my direwolves :<

I actually wonder what's the budget for this season.

Ghost has been weirdly absent basically all season. I had to go back and check because I thought I'd forgotten that he died along with Summer and Shaggy Dog :/ Like, I get that it's expensive but given how important they have been in the past as a symbol for the Starks fighting etc, Ghost was very noticeably not there - especially in the battle.

jerry113

Banned
That music track sounds like something new. Most of the prominent themes used in this show are remixes of established characters' motifs.

I think this is the first time piano has been used?

Ghost has been weirdly absent basically all season. I had to go back and check because I thought I'd forgotten that he died along with Summer and Shaggy Dog :/ Like, I get that it's expensive but given how important they have been in the past as a symbol for the Starks fighting etc, Ghost was very noticeably not there - especially in the battle.

it's a fucking wolf man. And he like ditched Jon to have wolf adventures, then came back later when he got tired of that. What's he gonna do besides bite a dude and then get stabbed by the people riding on horses? If anything I'm glad he wasn't there, they would've found an excuse to kill him

it's a fucking wolf man. And he like ditched Jon to have wolf adventures, then came back later when he got tired of that. What's he gonna do besides bite a dude and then get stabbed by the people riding on horses? If anything I'm glad he wasn't there, they would've found an excuse to kill him

He was there at the beginning of the season though, and then just totally disappeared of the face of the earth with no explanation. It was weird. He didn't have to be in the battle but they could have at least had a shot of him staying at the wall as jon left, or coming with him and then staying in the tent at the battle. But nope. Where did he go?

Holy crap, was it really? Crazy...

I can't imagine there's been a single episode of television that's been more expensive. Would be pretty dope if every episode had that budget :p

next episode they'll have a cirque du soleil performance throughout tne entire trial scene.

He was there at the beginning of the season though, and then just totally disappeared of the face of the earth with no explanation. It was weird. He didn't have to be in the battle but they could have at least had a shot of him staying at the wall as jon left, or coming with him and then staying in the tent at the battle. But nope. Where did he go?

probably being a wolf. Like hunting stuff. He knew Jon has plot armor now, so no need to worry about defending him.

probably being a wolf. Like hunting stuff. He knew Jon has plot armor now, so no need to worry about defending him.

I guess. I mean most people I've spoken to irl about this were wondering what had happened and why he was just suddenly cut out mid season. It's not that weird to be frustrated that they just gave up including him one day. I dunno why you're upset that other people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom