• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It popped into my head, but they have to change the intro, right? Gotta get that Direwolf sigil back on Winterfell.

Iksenpets

Banned
If Arya teleports to Westeros in this next episode I'll be pretty annoyed.

I think we at the very least get her landing in Westeros. Not sure how much beyond that there will be though. If I were writing it, we'd end on Arya landing, setting off, and running into Nymeria in the woods, and our final shot for Arya would be her seeing all the wolves in Nymeria's pack.

I think somehow plot will intervene to keep Brienne from getting back North and Jaime from getting back to KL (probably due to the Brotherhood) so that for season 7 will have Jaime, Brienne, Arya, the Hound, the Brotherhood, and the Freys all in the same place. There's not enough time in one episode to do much with the Riverlands this season, but it could be one of the major season 7 threads with all those people there.

mantidor

looool

edit: this gif is interesting cause it also shows the difficult of working with horses. Theres some dude hanging onto to the horse and looks like he's used his other arm to give the horse a slap to get it going.

I think this is also the problem with the direwolves, they are real wolves increased with CGI, aren't they? apparently they are not easy to handle.

Dragons on the other hand are pure CGI, Wun Wun is an actual actor, so is far easier to shoot those.

I really, really want Arya and Nymeria's pack but they don't like direwolves that much. I don't have much hope.

Iksenpets

Banned
We didn't even see Arya get on a ship. I don't think we're seeing her again this season tbh.

After last episodes cut to Theon and Yara just standing in Dany's throne room, I really don't think they care about transition scenes of people getting on boats anymore.

I think this is also the problem with the direwolves, they are real wolves increased with CGI, aren't they? apparently they are not easy to handle.

Dragons on the other hand are pure CGI, Wun Wun is an actual actor, so is far easier to shoot those.

I really, really want Arya and Nymeria's pack but they don't like direwolves that much. I don't have much hope.

I think with Nymeria all we'll ever get is a big CGI wide shot of the wolves charging in to devour whomever it is that they're going to devour. Arya will pet Nymeria, tell her that'll do wolfie, and then send her off to live wild and free and never be seen again.

Moff

I think arya killing frey is an excellent call, I'm on board

theres a scene in the season trailer of a girl that looks like a frey girl stabbing someone, it's also right before a shot of blind arya

I'm on board now

frey will die in the finale, but it might be the BWB

duckroll

After last episodes cut to Theon and Yara just standing in Dany's throne room, I really don't think they care about transition scenes of people getting on boats anymore.

They do though. That's why there was an entire scene of them in Volantis and Yara getting some pussy on the side. It was to establish that they were going to Dany, and that they were already half way there. We saw them get on the ships too after escaping Euron.

I feel that the way they ended the Arya scene was cinematically climatic. It felt like the end of her chapter of the story for the season. A "final shot" type of thing, if that makes sense.

Scene transition/placement has been really weird this season. Episode 8 was especially bad with cutting between two completely different sequences with no real dramatic tension of payoff (e.g. Dany arriving in Mereen).

samn

The dog last episode was all CGI. they could certainly do it

Black_Sun

The dragons are a miracle in that universe. Pirates with magical glowing armour doesn't sound too appealing for me though. I already hate the children and the wights.

Well no there are more dragons out in the Far East as well.

And well this isn't the series for you if the fantasy doesn't appeal to you because the show is going to end in a giant fantasy battle

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
everyone's on the Ice Dragon train. Did I miss the secret text where The Wall is secretly the prison of Kuld the Ice Dragon?

Black_Sun

I don't really dig the Lannisters as characters. I would've preferred if Renly's faction had become the main villain faction in the War of 5 kings.

It doesn't help that GRRM was helping Tywin so he wouldn't lose by having Theon invade Winterfell, using storms to delay Stannis, making Stannis not bring Melisandre, having Arya not name Tywin to Jaquen, Edmure making dumb moves, Stannis delaying because of Penrose, Walder Frey and Roose coming up with the Red Wedding and bringing it to Tywin, Cat freeing Jaime, the Spicers teaming up with Tywin etc

Gigglepoo

Just looks like a way of showing how tense and potentially threatening the area is.

Didn't they already establish that last season when the Sons of the Harpy were killing people? Despite how dangerous the city is, no one was ambushed this season even though Tyrion and Varys walked around multiple times in broad daylight without a guard.

Watchers updated their episode 10 post with more promo pics.

Also this is pretty cool

02BkOMW.png

Same sword

CloudWolf

Or
Saskia
can have tits and dragons in one package

Nah, a Witcher series will follow the books probably. She isn't canon.

Though you can definitely have tits and dragons with the golden dragon. After all,
he did have a hot-tub foursome with Geralt and his bodyguards

Brakke

Banned
Out of all the timey-wimey travel stuff in the show, Arya getting across the Narrow Sea in a few days is hardly one of them.

Yeah everybody's gotten to Braavos with a quickness. Stannis popped over to the bank, Trant popped over for some rape. Even Arya's arrival only took one episode right? She left Saltpans (or whatever) at the end of Season 4 and arrived in Braavos on the first or second ep of Season 5.

Black_Sun

Yeah everybody's gotten to Braavos with a quickness. Stannis popped over to the bank, Trant popped over for some rape. Even Arya's arrival only took one episode right? She left Saltpans (or whatever) at the end of Season 4 and arrived in Braavos on the first or second ep of Season 5.

Dragonstone's not really that far from Braavos

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
She's killed quite a bit of Freys, she's looking to create a Red Wedding 2.0 at Riverrun and even take it, she's going to try to rescue Edmure and Jeyne, she's going to try to rescue the Northern prisoners who are now en route from the Twins to KL, and she's most likely going to be the one to crown Jon the King in the North and resurrect him in the books.

LS has also been actively looking for Arya in the books. That's why she started an orphanage to collect all the Riverland orphans she could find and have Gendry sort them out. The inn that Brienne finds.

Then she tries to hang Brienne.

Black_Sun

Then she tries to hang Brienne.

To be fair, Brienne looks pretty damn guilty.

She's dreaming about the kingslayer, pleading to LS that Jaime's changed(which wouldnt matter to LS since she thinks Jaime had a hand(hehe)in the Red Wedding thanks to Roose), she's running around looking for Sansa with a royal seal of approval by Tommen to capture her, she's holding a Valyrian steel sword made from Ice with a lion pommel on it, she's with Tyrion's squire and she's with another man from Tarly's camp.

Randdalf

Nah, a Witcher series will follow the books probably. She isn't canon.

Though you can definitely have tits and dragons with the golden dragon. After all,
he did have a hot-tub foursome with Geralt and his bodyguards

The Witcher books are so goddamn good. If a series managed to successfully replicate the scene hopping and story-within-story style of the last two books it would be incredible.

Gigglepoo

I just hope HBO understand GoT's success isn't replicable. There's only one fantasy book series that's this good (outside of Harry Potter). There are still awesome stories to be told but It would be stupid to expect this insane devotion again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom