• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh. To be in stores by the start of S7, Martin would need to be complete by early February at the latest. That's only like 6.5 months from now. Its 50/50 at best for me.

July to February is now 6.5 months away?! Fuck... did you find the teleporter used on the show to skip so much time?

LordCanti

ya looked like he was well aware some shit was gonna go down because of his mum when mountain stood in his way too

Also, was the implication that The Mountain was going to rape Sept. Unella for time to come?

The implication was that they'd keep her alive for the mountain to abuse forever, yeah.

Ponn

Banned
Realized Brienne wasn't in this episode, unless I missed her. I feel really bad for her character, lots of potential but she is really just a joke character at this point going from point to point not getting anything done.

Also I think it would be hilarious if in the very last episode of GoT after the credits they go to an epilogue of Euron still building a boat.

suzu

Great season finale!

- RIP poor Marg & Tommen.
- Olenna speaking down to the Sand Snakes.
- Frey pies + Arya, awww yeah.
- R+L=J finally.
- The King in the North.
- Jaime's look at Cersei. I hope this means what I think it means~
- Dany finally leaving Mereen.

The shots in this ep were really nice too.

Xamdou

...so they were totally foreshadowing a Jon/Dany marriage right?

image.php

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

I mean, yeah, that's the obvious implication and path going forward which has been apparent for like 2 books now. But I think all fans of the series would be wary of expecting it to play out exactly like they hope.

TheFatOne

Good episode, but for me it doesn't retroactively make the last season better. I really hope the white walkers don't get dragged out until after the next season, but I am fully expecting it.

Turin

Banned
Don't know how I forgot to mention it but seeing Queen Cersei was in fact really cool even though it was clearly just D&D's idea.

RIP, Margaery. ;_;

Loras...... They did you cold, man. From day one.

It's how Melisandre will try to win back Jon's good graces.

"I know you promised to hang me, but ta-da! I found your sister, just like I promised her that one day we would meet again! Totes makes up for that child murder thing, right?"

To meet Arya.

So she's Jon's Jorah...... Sounds about right.

Kozak

Banned

The proposal will be there imo.

Tyrion knows Jon to be quite a good person so there's our in.

I think the proposal is what will ultimately lead to Jon finding out about his parentage. Like Bran appearing just in the nick of time to make the reveal.

Burt

Incest didn't work out well for the family last time.

"So, their son will be your nephew after you're wed to Cersei, of course. And you will be the king's stepfather and brother-in-law. When you marry the king, Joffrey's mother will become his sister-in-law. And your son will be Loras'... nephew? Grandson? I'm not sure. But your brother will become your father-in-law, that much is beyond dispute."

Talon

Batshit theory with limited rationale: Coldhands Benjen is actually an agent of The Night's King and only saved Bran to take him to the wall and undo the ancient magic.

I'm not sure the Arya stuff worked for me. I was wondering if it was some kind of dream sequence at first, honestly.

Like, I'm clearly used to the show ignoring geography (though this episode did set all sorts of new records in that regard), but just the fact that Arya was suddenly here without any build-up just feels... cheap. Unless I missed some sort of hint that she was heading in that direction, beyond just going back to Westeros.

That was a really great episode. Dominoes just falling one after the other. Great direction and music with the lead up to the wildfire explosion.

That said, everyone teleporting around and seeing how certain plot threads have ended up, it really just makes me hate Season 5 even more as just being a huge waste of time. All of the Dorne stuff was completely pointless and having those idiots still lingering around like a stale fart makes me automatically root against whoever they're allying with. Although Olenna laying the verbal smackdown on them was satisfying.

But as they keep culling the cast of tons of characters and we end up with the endgame core group of Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Dany, Jon, Sansa and maybe Arya, I think the only one I really don't care one iota about is Dany. I've said it before but she just hasn't faced any adversity in so long and her biggest struggle is breaking up with her loser boyfriend.She gets captured by the Dothraki but uses her magical get out of jail free card to instantly take over all of them. Meanwhile, Jaime has lost his hand, his children and his brother; Cersei has lost all her children; Jon has been killed and brought back and had his brother killed in front of him, Sansa has been raped and Arya has turned into an assassin. Those guys have gone through some shit. They've had to struggle to get to where they are.

Meanwhile, Dany faffs around gathering some seemingly huge barbarian army to invade Westeros (who in Westeros would be ok with that?) and everyone is acting all sycophantic around her sucking up to her acting like she's some great leader when her greatest accomplishments have been based on her just murdering people like any run of the mill conqueror, except she has giant dragons and is immune to fire.

No amount of CG dragons can make Dany's story interesting to me until she starts struggling like the rest of Westeros. So her stumbling into Westeros while its in total shambles makes me think she'll just roll in and be hailed as a savior, steamrolling Cersei and then rolling up North to team up with Jon to fight the White Walkers. I just hope its not as predictable as I can foresee the showrunners doing it, now that they're sprinting to the finish.

Basically, Dany needs her to suffer her own sort of Red Wedding to level the playing field a bit. Otherwise everyone and anything that gets involved and allied with her is just sucked into a whole lot of boring.

Elandyll

Banned
Looks like it imo.
That would make for a unified Westeros and North, with Sansa as Warden (I imagine Bran being the 3 eyed Raven might have other concerns).

Excellent ep imo. Lady Mormont was the total North MVP, loved the smackdown.
Really wonder where D&D are going to take LF and Sansa next season. Hopefully, seeing how she knows perfectly his ambitions, they won't make her turn dark, as that would be really unfortunate for the character's growth.

Jon was really tempted to off Mel, and even if not doing it disappointed me at first, she appealed to his logic (needing her as a Priestess for the great War to come), and while that decision may have ended up driving a wedge with Davos, I'm glad it didn't.

Arya's arc finally paid off, in a big way. Cheered at that one hehe.
Tyrion's and Dani's scene was great, fantastic setup for the trip to come, which has been 6 seasons coming.

Cersei... You Fucking magnificent murderous psycho! I honestly thought Marg and a few others like Kevan were going to make it out. But no.
And after Tommen's loss, we might finally see Jaime evolve.

Can't wait to see Dany arriving in KL next season... My guess is Cercei will see all is lost, and consider setting the whole city on fire.

1 year wait... Hopefully not any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom