• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bustanen

Fuck Jon. The Mormont girl is the true king of the north!
image.php

Madness

Anyone remember the first season, Kit gave an interview when he said he asked GRRM about Jon's parents and later said there is a Luke/Leia angle to it. So you never know. Jon loved Ygritte and Dany loved Khal Drogo. Maybe they will love each other, even if they are in reality aunt/nephew. The Targaryens believed in incestual pairings. I hope the show moves away from it but you never know.

The music when they started calling him the King in the North and the White Wolf.

Also, did anyone see Jaime face when Walder said he was defeated by the young wolf Robb Stark. Maybe next season he leaves KL and actually writes that in his kingsguard book. His break with Cersei about to happen.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
2 predictions for Mel:

1) she'll cross paths with Arya. Arya will try to kill her but Mel will tell her about Jon and how she brought him back to life.

2) she'll cross paths with Jorah and heal him of his greyscale.
3. She'll cross paths when Gendry.

thefro

I mean, even IF Jamie is still up to fighting for her, which is a big if at this point, that army thats left is pretty miserable looking after 6 seasons of constant battling, houses dying off and disappearing and now the freaking Morgul green flame going off killing I don't know how many. I wouldn't be surprised if the show opens next season with a mass exodus of people getting the fuck out of Kings Landing.

Realistically they'd have trouble holding King's Landing at this point just against Dorne/Tyrells, let alone Dany's huge army and dragons after all their losses.

LordCanti

Batshit theory with limited rationale: Coldhands Benjen is actually an agent of The Night's King and only saved Bran to take him to the wall and undo the ancient magic.

That was also my first thought to the point that if Bran's marking is just never addressed again I'll be annoyed. Unless it's just dumped into the boat of forgotten plot lines with Gendry, Benjen would have to know or at least suspect. Benjen certainly never made any attempt at all to warn the watch before they came North to the fist and nearly got wiped out.

I'm surprised they didn't talk about the R+L = J reveal at all in the after the episode.

Also, WHAT IS HIS NAME?!?!?

Jonhairys Targaryen

The Oldtown shots of the Citadel library and the Hightower was pretty amazing. Cool to finally see that.

Those were magnificent. If having only 7 episodes next season means higher budgets per episode and more cool establishing shots like that, I'm all for it.

Looks like it imo.
That would make for a unified Westeros and North, with Sansa as Warden (I imagine Bran being the 3 eyed Raven might have other concerns).

Jon and Dany marrying is maybe the one thing I don't want to see since that seems so horribly predictable as they go and team up to fight the evil White Walkers. I'm going to guess that's where the show goes and maybe it ends up being fine in execution but it seems so predictable.

I would love it if Jon and Dany were actually at odds or if there is some extra wrinkle to the Others beyond them being some omnipotent evil force of Darkness. I know that's what GRRM has said he doesn't want them to be, but given how the show is sprinting to the finish, I'm not anticipating much nuance in how the end game with the Others is handled.

How much you want to bet the baby in the tower of joy ain't even Jon XD

That would the funniest thing, just "here's a random baby of zero importance".

Pkaz01

Why woul arya want to kill melissandre? Did they ever meet?

she took gendry and they met and she had the prophecy about them meeting again, She was on her list for a while.

Either way Meli needs to redeem herself in Jons eyes. I could see her saving Bran or something

I need a scene with the Hound and the Brotherhood proclaiming Arya is their leader with the Hound giving the speech saying fuck the other lords and kings Arya is the only one he will follow.

Elandyll

Banned
Those were magnificent. If having only 7 episodes next season means higher budgets per episode and more cool establishing shots like that, I'm all for it.

Jon and Dany marrying is maybe the one thing I don't want to see since that seems so horribly predictable as they go and team up to fight the evil White Walkers. I'm going to guess that's where the show goes and maybe it ends up being fine in execution but it seems so predictable.

I would love it if Jon and Dany were actually at odds or if there is some extra wrinkle to the Others beyond them being some omnipotent evil force of Darkness. I know that's what GRRM has said he doesn't want them to be, but given how the show is sprinting to the finish, I'm not anticipating much nuance in how the end game with the Others is handled.
Why would they be at odds though?

Now otoh Jon doesn't seem that interested in power.

Off the reservation predictions: Jon dies during the war, Sansa does end up falling in love and marrying LF, Sweetrobyn takes a leap, Danni marries Jaime Lanister but takes Yara as a mistress, Arya goes back to Braavos to continue as a faceless one.

I'm sure there will some conflict between Dany and Jon. I'm pretty certain Jon would be the legitimate heir to the throne over Dany even ignoring the no-woman-on-the-throne rule. And I'm sure it won't matter even if Rhaegar and Lyanna weren't actually married.

Ghost23

So did D&D say in the Inside the Episode that Dany deserves all of this? Does anyone else think that if anything Dany doesn't deserve it? I mean everything she's done is a result of having dragons. I mean I guess that means she "deserves" it, but I have a feeling that's not what they were saying.

Also, Marg :( (I wonder how she will go in the books)

Lautaro

I wonder if the High Sparrow realized at the end that he was victim of his own arrogance.

Fucking GoT that makes you root for evil people like Cersei and cheer at villains getting devoured by dogs, I love it.

Didn't care much for this season overall, the whole thing really felt like it was hastily clearing the board and far too many major events felt rushed and entirely weightless as a result, but man did it close out with two damn well made hours of TV.

They fucking need Sapochnik back for more. Dude knocked it the hell out of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom