• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
The interesting thing about Dany coming to Westeros is that she's bringing along Tyrion, who knows Jon very well.

I like that.

neoemonk

Season has been up and down for me like for a lot of people, but the beginning until To men's suicide is the best thing I've seen in all six seasons. I didn't think they would top last week's battle but the entire sequence was just incredible.

The rest of the episode was also very good but damn that intro.

Westeros seems like a slim dunk for Dany now though. If she has the Tyrells and Dorne on her side there isn't really much opposition although I suppose the real battle is going to be Dany v The Others.

Ponn

Banned
Jaime with the armies, and it's going to be up to him to take that where it may.

I mean, even IF Jamie is still up to fighting for her, which is a big if at this point, that army thats left is pretty miserable looking after 6 seasons of constant battling, houses dying off and disappearing and now the freaking Morgul green flame going off killing I don't know how many. I wouldn't be surprised if the show opens next season with a mass exodus of people getting the fuck out of Kings Landing.

emag

The framing of the shots in this last episode was masterful. Tommen's window, Sansa and Jon on the ramparts, Theon with the kraken banner, Cersei on the throne... Absolutely marvelous. And the magnificent score just carried them to even greater heights (loved The Rains of Castamere leitmotif making its return).

Truly a great episode -- easily the best in several seasons.

(Oh, and how creepy was Arya stalking Jaime?)

dabig2

At least their third kid didn't die on Jaime's watch.

Yeah, at least he's not a total fuckup. Worst KG member ever still. Hope he writes that down in the white book when he gets the chance before murdering his crazy ass sister.

commercial?

That's IT Crowd. aka Big Bang Theory from Britain that's actually funny and geeky.

Brain fart. Couldn't place it. I've watched the show, but only the first 2 series and that was looooong ago.

Matsukaze

Sorry if others have pointed this out (thread's moving fast):

I just realized Mel is going to meet up with Arya next season. She assured Arya when they first met and she looked into her eyes, telling her they would one day meet again.

Sorry if others have pointed this out (thread's moving fast):

I just realized Mel is going to meet up with Arya next season. She assured Arya when they first met and she looked into her eyes, telling her they would one day meet again.

Oh shit you're right.

Woooooow holy shit! That was the best of anything ive ever seen on tv. Jesus.

11/10
Yeah a 10/10 just doesn't do it justice haha. This is TV at its finest.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Fantastic episode all around. Most of what I'd say has already been said and I don't have much time tonight, so I'll just say:

As thrilled as I was to see Frey pies show up, it was incredibly hamfisted in the show and lost all the subtlety that made it such a great little detail in the book.

Bustanen

Ehhh. To be in stores by the start of S7, Martin would need to be complete by early February at the latest. That's only like 6.5 months from now. Its 50/50 at best for me.
Don't get your hope up for nothing. The man just said that he writes 3 chapters in 6 months. If it's going to be around 70 chapters like ADWD we'll be waiting a looong time.

Kozak

Banned
I wonder what happens to her in the book. Something anti-climatic I bet.

She could be the one to swap her life for Jon's in the book.

It would actually be a tonne of redemption for Catelyn's character to do so depending on how you feel about resurrection.

After all, she was the main fault for Jon's life being quite miserable at home.

Real talk: If TWOW isn't out by next year, I'll take that to mean that GRRM has given up writing (at least without help) and is waiting until the show ends to announce it.

It would actually be a tonne of redemption for Catelyn's character to do so depending on how you feel about resurrection.

Yeah I keep forgetting she was a much bigger bitch to him in the books.

But how is she gonna get from Riverlands to the Wall fast enough?. No teleportation in the books...

This would be quite powerful when considering Beric refers to Thoros as his mother for giving him life again.

Catelyn would become Jon's mother.

Turin

Banned
Good episode.

R+L does in fact equal J.

LOVED seeing Sam in Oldtown!

Jaime's characterization might finally be back on track.

Varys got to take Doran's line. A fair trade for Qyburn taking his.

Seeing Dany in Targaryan garb was cool.

You go, Psycho Arya! <3

However.....

I'm not too excited about "KING IN THE NORTH!". It doesn't help that Jon was incredibly uninspiring this year. And now he's got Littlefinger against him. He's doomed unless he magically gets an IQ boost now that D&D's Wonderboy Bolton is out of the picture.

Wyman Manderly was a huge disappointment but not that surprising.

The dream is over. Lady Stoneheart is never coming. :(

Yes, I finally gave up and poured out some liquor for her ;_; Would have been amazing but Arya reaping the Riverlands is almost as good. I wonder when she and the Hound will team up?

Did I miss the part in Braavos when she learned to change faces?

Fucking amazing episode. My favorite in years. So much goodness, so much payoff. AAAAAHHH. Just like the Jack Bender episodes, the second by Sapochnik contained the real plot/character payoffs.

I liked that the R+L=J bit was enough to tip their hand to book readers, but not necessarily enough for show-only watchers unless they're astute.

I'm loving Cersei and Dany's evil queen outfits.

Where is Melisandre going? I'm guessing Dany will encounter Euron on the open sea? Where will Sandor end up?
Sandor+Jaime+Bronn bros?

Man I just rewatched the intro and it's still one of the best scenes I've seen on television. I have so many problems with the show at times but it's highs are higher than almost anything else. This is going to win so many Emmys and will actually deserve it unlike last year.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
0AV8lvL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom