• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

So I'm guessing Euron is going to try and marry Cersei now?

She needs a fleet since hers is:

Show: destroyed at Blackwater
Books: stolen

9gdaWBf.jpg

Oh shit! That is quite the bomb dropped.

Are you in the right thread?

Cromwell

Banned
God that was so fucking good. The opening 15 minutes was possibly the best sequence the show has ever done, seriously jaw dropping. Not just as a plot moment - the sheer audacity of killing that many major characters in one fell swoop - but the craft at play. The music, editing, pace. Just fucking masterful.

My theory for the next season is

- dani arrives. Fights for kings landing.

- cersei tries to burn it all down. Jaime realizes it's like poetry it rhymes so he kills her.

- dani is deciding on whether to execute him when Tyrion begs for his brothers life. Jaime and him eventually make up because they are arguably the two only decent lannisters ever.

- hound and mountain fight. Maybe with Arya backing him up.

- she starts to gain her power throughout the kingdoms. Reaches the north and wishes to parlay with Jon snow. They might butt heads as she demands his loyalty, but somehow they end up joining forces for the shit to come.

- little finger starts to attempt to sway Sansa to his side. The dark side. But ultimately fails. A man that ambitious can't be kept alive.

- final two episodes are likely to be the night king forces breaking down the wall and the nights watch pulling back. I don't know how they're going to fit seven a whole season after that of only this major battle but hey they might.

ezekial45

Banned
I might be alone in feeling this way, but these last two episodes are the first time where I felt this show was truly epic. I mean, holy shit. It's all coming together, in such a grand scale. These final seasons are gonna be magnificent.

Damerman

It's pretty amazing that people don't get this. They need to put a timestamp on the screen to make it clear.

seriously, Dany did not have this many ships yet. they were in the middle of building them when She broke up with Dario. that fleet by the end of the episode almost implies the amount of time that elapsed.

Holy fuck.

That opening 20 minutes, the tone, music, camera work were fucking perfect.

Whole episode was great. Out of 60 two top 5 episodes. in the past two weeks. They got my confidence back after last season.

Someone on Reddit found a really awesome clue.

from iDirtyDianaX
"I already posted this in a comment but I think everyone should be aware of this:
Young Ned put Arthur Dayne's bloody sword near Lyanna's bed. The sword that was supposedly forged from a fallen star.
"Born under a bleeding star"
Another Azor Ahai point for Jon Sn-- Targaryen."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er4uvcEElBM&feature=youtu.be

at 2:41

Also note the sword was bloody from the battle that just occured

Cromwell

Banned
Yeah the last shot was a significant amount of time after Dany's scene with Daario and Theon. More than enough for Varys to get back, at least a couple of months judging by all those ships, though I don't know how long it takes Ironborn to make ships...

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

- cersei tries to burn it all down. Jaime realizes it's like poetry it rhymes so he kills her.

- dani is deciding on whether to execute him when Tyrion begs for his brothers life. Jaime and him eventually make up because they are arguably the two only decent lannisters ever.

- she starts to gain her power throughout the kingdoms. Reaches the north and wishes to parlay with Jon snow. They might butt heads as she demands his loyalty, but somehow they end up joining forces for the shit to come.

- little finger starts to attempt to sway Sansa to his side. The dark side. But ultimately fails. A man that ambitious can't be kept alive.

- final two episodes are likely to be the night king forces breaking down the wall and the nights watch pulling back. I don't know how they're going to fit seven a whole season after that of only this major battle but hey they might.

Sounds pretty on point.

Damerman

i take offense on behalf of Kevan Lannister. he is a good guy.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is there a mechanism within the show's rules by which Jon can be legitimized as the Stark heir? He has the support of the North, but does he have a claim that is "proper"?

Right now, there is no one official to do so, unless you count Cersei as official, which most of the kingdom probably won't accept.

Cersei won't do that, she'll be wont to kill him and Sansa asap. Only other choice would be if Dany is accepted as Queen.

King in The North probably doesn't inherently have to be a Stark, though Lady Mormont basically says it anyway.

Zabka

from iDirtyDianaX
"I already posted this in a comment but I think everyone should be aware of this:
Young Ned put Arthur Dayne's bloody sword near Lyanna's bed. The sword that was supposedly forged from a fallen star.

Aaaah son of a bitch.

Following that scene with Lyanna's namesake rallying the North behind Jon, so good.

Cromwell

Banned
I'm sure I wasn't the only one who laughed out loud at this, IDK if anyone else has done it yet but I had to.

9Fz5S1i.gif

EDIT: I also did an abandon thread version... It's nice that it loops as well as it does, could be a bit better but close enough.

This is what I'm talking about when I say this episode was a fucking masterwork. A lot of other directors on GoT would have made this a big dramatic moment with close ups and music that broke the atmosphere, but here it just happens in one beautifully framed shot almost evoking Hitchcock.

Damerman

from iDirtyDianaX

jesus. OK NOW, i'm going to sleep... I'm not biting this bait. Not going down this rabbit hole. got work tomorrow.

kevin1025

Banned

from iDirtyDianaX

Well done, that guy!

Oh man the salt from people Tweeting GRRM. Plus he just tweeted something the "Locus Awards" which might add to it.

I like that the baby had the dopey look we've seen grown up Jon with so often.

Jon is going to get a lightsaber.

That whole Kingslanding sequence leading into the wildfire was dope. Excellent music.

The Tommen suicide is silly in that gif, sure, but in the show with the long shot lingering on the window it worked. The teleportation stuff (Dornish fleet lol) is ridiculous sure but it's been ridiculous for ages now so it's easy to just shrug at.

Solid season finale.

Nah it was silly even with the whole thing, I only cut it down because the GIF was huge even after I shrunk it. The build up made it even funnier.

Really loved the last couple episodes. I'm guessing the director earned himself a bigger project in his future.

Why did Benjen just leave?

Why is Bran learning about the Tower of Joy important to his new role as the 3 eyed crow?

UraMallas

I honestly just want a whole season of Arya, Hound, Melisandre and Nymeria on a fucking Westerosi Revenge Tour killing zombie brothers, psycho queens and their one-handed brothers for 7 episodes. Would watch.

rexor0717

I might be alone in feeling this way, but these last two episodes are the first time where I felt this show was truly epic. I mean, holy shit. It's all coming together, in such a grand scale. These final seasons are gonna be magnificent.

I agree completely. For the first time, there is real permanent resolution for years of build-up.

Cromwell

Banned
2 predictions for Mel:

1) she'll cross paths with Arya. Arya will try to kill her but Mel will tell her about Jon and how she brought him back to life.

2) she'll cross paths with Jorah and heal him of his greyscale.

Hmm. What if she runs into Jorah and they replicate the Mqorro/Victarion fire hand moment?

Brakke

Banned
Why did Benjen just leave?

Benjen has the stink of Foul Magicks on him, he can't cross The Wall. He left Bran and Meera at the Wall. That whole bit was kind of awkward since they didn't go through the Wall then but instead took a little detour down not-important-right-now memory lane.

Xion385

Yo. How did Varys to get to Dorne and back. Arya made it all the way to the Freys. But Brienne still hasn't made it back to Winterfell?

Benjen has the stink of Foul Magicks on him, he can't cross The Wall. He left Bran and Meera at the Wall. That whole bit was kind of awkward since they didn't go through the Wall then but instead took a little detour down not-important-right-now memory lane.
Thanks, I missed that was the Wall. It just seemed like he left them at a random Godswood so Bran could hit the interwebz

TTG

Against who exactly? After changing kings and queens, two rounds of high council staffs in and out, and religious zealotry sweeping the city only to be blown up, is there a loyal army left for Cersei to command? My guess is Dany sweeps in without much bloodshed at all. Rightful name to the throne and all that. Tommen signed Cersei's fate when he dove out that window, so you're probably right about the rest. There's still a Lannister army, but I don't know that they try to hold on to the throne, that doesn't seem like a thing once Dany wins over the public over.

Burt

The way Jaime looked at cersei at the end, I'm pretty sure he finally reached book Jaime of not giving a fuck about cersei anymore

Yeah, I'm actually impressed that they found a way to potentially swing him that hard after he was still for her so much stronger and later than the books. But hey, getting all of your children killed and doing exactly what he tried to avoid when he stabbed his king in the back is definitely a justification for it.

Cromwell

Banned
It's for the best. Lots of venom, unfortunately.

I don't know why people care. I'm a hardcore book fan but when TWoW comes out I'm reading it as if it were completely fresh, I just don't associate the show with the books anymore, even if there's a decent probability of some of these plot points happening in similar ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom