• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeels

I know I already posted this but I still can't get over my favorite family, the tyrells, being taken out in one go. This is like red wedding level I don't think I can keep watching this ;-; badass grandma getting her revenge won't be enough for me. I want cercei to have the most torturous death.

It's probably an awkward position to be in for Jon where all of these people, shamed by the world's most badass little girl, swear allegiance to the man who led the charge that freed the north of tyranny. If he had gone 'lol nope but hey my sister is just as good amirite?' it would have been a slap in the face.

I guess in this way he has the north behind him for fighting the walking Popsicles.

Someone on Reddit found a really awesome clue.

from iDirtyDianaX
"I already posted this in a comment but I think everyone should be aware of this:
Young Ned put Arthur Dayne's bloody sword near Lyanna's bed. The sword that was supposedly forged from a fallen star.
"Born under a bleeding star"
Another Azor Ahai point for Jon Sn-- Targaryen."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er4uvcEElBM&feature=youtu.be

at 2:41

Also note the sword was bloody from the battle that just occured

Well, damn. The camera 110% lingers on the sword's hilt as he puts it down there. (This is the cool thing about Theory Stuff coming from the show.)

from iDirtyDianaX
"I already posted this in a comment but I think everyone should be aware of this:
Young Ned put Arthur Dayne's bloody sword near Lyanna's bed. The sword that was supposedly forged from a fallen star.

xxlds8a6iai47xyul3l3.png

Cromwell

Banned
Thanks, I missed that was the Wall. It just seemed like he left them at a random Godswood so Bran could hit the interwebz

He's half white walker half human (I think?) so yeah, he can't go past The Wall.

It's fucking badass that he's basically the white walker version of Blade, though. I hope he gets to kill a bunch of zombies next season.

mcfrank

Honestly, the show is so much better off for no longer being tied to the books so directly. Martin has lost his way with book 4 and 5 and I honestly believe that D&D have a better sense of the story than Martin at this point.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I wonder why D&D, and I assume GRRM, have made the Mormonts such crucial allies. Jorah helped Dany conquer, Jeor took Jon as his steward to prepare him to lead the Night's Watch someday and Lyanna calls on Jon to be the King in the North.

kevin1025

Banned
I don't know why people care. I'm a hardcore book fan but when TWoW comes out I'm reading it as if it were completely fresh, I just don't associate the show with the books anymore, even if there's a decent probability of some of these plot points happening in similar ways.

I'm with you, I plan on still reading it as GRRM's story rather than the story of the show, as similar or dissimilar as they may be. It's completely okay if people don't view it the same way, but to attack him over it is too far. He writes the way he writes, berating him might make things slower, if anything.

Oh my goodness that was an amazing finale. The transition from the Tower of Joy scene to a close-up of Jon Snow was incredible. So, does Jon truly have legitimacy on the throne over Dany?

Mission

from iDirtyDianaX

That might all be what they are playing at, but the baby was born before the sword was put there.

kevin1025

Banned
I wonder why D&D, a I assume GRRM, have made the Mormonts such crucial allies. Jorah helped Dany conquer, Jeor took Jon as his steward to prepare him to lead the Night's Watch someday and Lyanna calls on Jon to be the King in the North.

They come from Bear Island. They're cool no matter what for that alone.

Oh my goodness that was an amazing finale. The transition from the Tower of Joy scene to a close-up of Jon Snow was incredible. So, does Jon truly have legitimacy on the throne over Dany?
I mean. It's brans word against everyone's. It'll likely be knowledge for a select few key figures but they'll keep it a secret because Jon wants to be remembered as a stark.

I loved Tommen's suicide. I think it may have been the only time he actually made a decision for himself, under his own steam, and that's fucking heartbreaking. That kid's voice grates on me (not his fault and perfect for the role) but he was spectacular in this episode. Really, the acting was pretty solid through most of this episode.

eta: Also, what I took from all this is that Jon's parentage actually may not matter? He's king in the north, yo. It might matter for Dany but here's something he... uh, well, not really earned, but technically earned, I guess, regardless. On his own.

I loved Tommen's suicide. I think it may have been the only time he actually made a decision for himself, under his own steam, and that's fucking heartbreaking. That kid's voice grates on me (not his fault and perfect for the role) but he was spectacular in this episode. Really, the acting was pretty solid through most of this episode.
It really is heartbreaking. Especially if you consider that the few decisions he thought he made for himself: being with Margaery, attempting to save her, siding with the church, ending trial by battle

Were all taken away by his helicopter mother in a few seconds.

Megatron

What was the point of the Lancel scene? Wasn't he going to find Cersi? Why did he follow the children? And why did they murder him?

How did the Mountain get to Tomen and past all his guards and keep him from leaving?

So good

Was anyone scared for Bran and Jaime when they were sitting in the red wedding room with Fray?

What's fucked up is how cersei just stopped caring for her children dying. She heard he died and in a petty fashion just says he should be buried in the grounds of the church. Like damn lady.

Alright, watching it again Lyanna says "his name is" and then gets hard to hear. Aemon makes sense seeing as Rhaegar seems to have had a good relationship with him through their correspondence. That transition again still got me in the feels.

Magnus

Spectacular finale. Two top episodes back-to-back. Amazing.

There's no official word on how many episodes/seasons are left, correct?

TTG

Hey, where's the poster that couldn't reconcile Sansa feeding Bolton to the dogs last week? How did you like Arya making minced meat pie out of a couple of Freys to serve Walter?

Brakke

Banned
How did the Mountain get to Tomen and past all his guards and keep him from leaving?

Lol has anyone ever even once stopped the Mountain going where he wishes? Anyway why would any other guard prevent a Kingsguard access to the King?

What's fucked up is how cersei just stopped caring for her children dying. She heard he died and in a petty fashion just says he should be buried in the grounds of the church. Like damn lady.

Well Tommen's death confirmed the prophecy from Maggy. Cersei's known this was coming for a while. I'm sure she wasn't psyched about it but she was braced for it.

Huh, I just read that original outline someone linked (I lost the post) and it opens with GRRM's claim that he can't write if he knows the end.

Just sayin.

Cromwell

Banned

I think whatever emotion she had left was gone after Tommen basically betrayed her, and she loved Joffrey more anyway.

She might not even want to fuck Jaime anymore after all this. That look she gave him was one of stone.

Huh, I just read that original outline someone linked (I lost the post) and it opens with GRRM's claim that he can't write if he knows the end.

Just sayin.

I've always said there's no way to know for sure that even the major plot points will happen in the books. I think R + L = J and Jon coming back to life are the only things that can be totally guaranteed, same with the Hound coming back only because that's already been foreshadowed. But the ending, even if he gave a general idea to D&D, is probably subject to change depending on how his writing goes over the coming years.

I think that the show will go like this :

Dany invades, Cersei wants to burn it all before giving Kings Landing to her, Jamie kills her like he did with the Mad King.

Benjen has the stink of Foul Magicks on him, he can't cross The Wall. He left Bran and Meera at the Wall. That whole bit was kind of awkward since they didn't go through the Wall then but instead took a little detour down not-important-right-now memory lane.
Very awkward and anti-climatic. Benjen doesn't have a message for the NW or anyone else? Is there a way for the Wall to be breached? If not why worry about the Others. Seemed like he simply planned on waging a one man war. Ehh ok dude.

I did think the episode was amazing though, best finale since S1.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
While I think the 9/11 of the church was a bit on the lazy side I do think that they needed to do it from a show standpoint since it's be fewer players here on out. More intimate. It also helps set up Cersei as the big bad in the coming season and the lenghts she's prepared to go. She'll be a ruthless dictator using the mass bombing as an excuse to govern with an iron hand. This will in turn drive Jamie away.

Tommen's suicide was so perfect in terms of pacing and visual framing. I can see that gif going places. Arya murding the Freys was fun. She might not be a master assassin just yet but she knows enough to cross a few names off her list. Lady Mormont is the baddest ass this show has ever seen. You can really feel the friction between Jon and Sansa. Dany was pretty much useless but hopefully that'll change with the next season.

Really fun season, all in all. There were lows and there were highs. I believe that the highs will be the ones remembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom