• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Jon and his siblings learning the truth from Bran, and then telling him that even if not their brother that he still has Stark blood in him so that he's a Stark. Which is what he always wanted to be.

Am I the only one who started laughing wildly when they showed Varys on that boat?? Like, wtf. That's genuinely indistinguishable from a continuity error. I know this show plays it fast and loose with time and space but if you're telling me they are serious that he went to Dorne and back, just to return again, in the space of an episode, that's beyond fucking ridiculous. People really need to stop teleporting on this show.
This episode covered a large section of time. No one Teleported or Fast Traveled. Just because certain plot threads happen in the same episode, doesn't mean that they took the same amount of time to actually happen congruently.

Moff

Am I the only one who started laughing wildly when they showed Varys on that boat?? Like, wtf. That's genuinely indistinguishable from a continuity error. I know this show plays it fast and loose with time and space but if you're telling me they are serious that he went to Dorne and back, just to return again, in the space of an episode, that's beyond fucking ridiculous. People really need to stop teleporting on this show.
Twist. It's Jaqen heading for Oldtown

Aiii

So not worth it
I would personally be disappointed if the show gets a "happily ever after" ending. Though it certainly looks like they are heading towards that. I predict season 7 will have Geralt of Rivia coming after Jon Snow for stealing his nickname.

The show will definitely have such an ending.

The books I can imagine a more bittersweet ending, with sacrifice, or someone taking the place of the nights king to subdue the White Walkers instead of outright defeating them, etc.

HolySheep

Neo Member
Jon is probably a legitimate Targ. There is precedent for targaryen marrying more than once. The Kingsguard was also present at the ToJ. This may be because Raeghar ordered them to, or they might have been protecting the king.

Even if Lyanna wasnt married, he would still be a legitimate Stark( to north at least) in the books because Rob legitimized him and named him heir.( not explicitly stated, but still)

Howland Reed holds both secrets. Even if Robs' will is not part of the series, i think Howland Reed will show up in the show as well. Will be fun to watch:D

Everyone over at my place burst out laughing when we noticed, too. I mean, yeah, they obviously meant for quite a bit of time to have lapsed during this episode, but him just popping up in the background like that was so silly.

Aiii

So not worth it
Everyone over at my place burst out laughing when we noticed, too. I mean, yeah, they obviously meant for quite a bit of time to have lapsed during this episode, but him just popping up in the background like that was so silly.

What if Varys doesn't actually exist? What if it's a bunch of people swapping faces? Or what if Varys is a twin? What if they're a group of warlocks changing appearances?

It could certainly be a continuity error, a late scene addition (since it's also weird the King's Landing news spread so quickly to the south) that was supposed to be in the first ep of next season instead, but you can't exclude the possibility of there being more than one Varys at any given time.

Apzu

How did Cersei become queen? I mean, there's no rightful claim there, she just married into the king's family. With no living Baratheons left are the Lannisters the new royal family? If so, shouldn't that make Jaime the King? Don't get me wrong, I loved the scene and that she is going to be the mad queen, but it doesn't make that much sense considering how they wrote the story so far.

Also, when Bran gets to Winterfell, will he become the King in the North or is Jon Snow a legitimate Stark heir now?

Forkball

Damnit, I completely forgot that, and so did tons of other who felt she learned nothing in her time with the Faceless men.

Hold on let me get that picture.

[edit] Dammit I can't find it. It was funny though! This will have to do instead.

tumblr_o9fj7nB8JQ1qcdswoo1_500.jpg

duckroll

How did Cersei become queen? I mean, there's no rightful claim there, she just married into the king's family. With no living Baratheons left are the Lannisters the new royal family? If so, shouldn't that make Jaime the King? Don't get me wrong, I loved the scene and that she is going to be the mad queen, but it doesn't make that much sense considering how they wrote the story so far.

Also, when Bran gets to Winterfell, will he become the King in the North or is Jon Snow a legitimate Stark heir now?

She just blew up all her competition, literally, destroyed the great sept, and showed everyone in King's Landing that she gives no fucks anymore. She also has a zombie headsmasher as a bodyguard. With no one left to oppose her, who would be stupid enough to object to such a coronation? Might makes right. What rightful claim did Robert have? I don't think this is particularly different.

Moff

Legitimization through conquest, she killed everyone else and has the strongest army in king's landing under her control. However, he rule won't last long and I'm sure this will be brought up in the next season. She will be a tyrant.

There's no one to oppose her, and she's always wanted the throne.

Tommen:

KBNcZ.gif

Good episode overall, teleporting characters aside.

I knew from the leaks what was about to happen so when he removed his crown I was like "please don't do it like that. I will remember this gif and laugh like an idiot.". They should have used a different camera angle or at least some dramatic music.

Aiii

So not worth it
She just blew up all her competition, literally, destroyed the great sept, and showed everyone in King's Landing that she gives no fucks anymore. She also has a zombie headsmasher as a bodyguard. With no one left to oppose her, who would be stupid enough to object to such a coronation? Might makes right. What rightful claim did Robert have? I don't think this is particularly different.

Well, Robert had Targaryen blood, he would have been the rightful heir had he actually succeeded in murdering all the Targaryens.

Aiii

So not worth it
And how does she have access to those faces? It's not like you can go pick them up at Westeros Walmart.

She was in the hall of faces when she put the Waif's face there, she just stole one.

Alternatively, she killed a random wench or found a corpse somewhere and cut the face off herself.

Neither of these are outlandish to me.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Yes it's stupid and yes she shouldn't have access to the faces. It's D&D.

We dont know the conditions she left the many face god's temple in, he was smiling at her as she left, perhaps he gave her access to his tools. Regardless off all the things you could pick to complain about, this one is stupid.

Aiii

So not worth it
So Daenerys is Jon's aunt? Do you think they'll still pair the two off as theorized?

Almost all of the Targaryens married within the family, they wanted to keep their bloodline pure, since they were one of the last Valyrian houses after the fall of Valyria.

Jarmel

Banned
We dont know the conditions she left the many face god's temple in, he was smiling at her as she left, perhaps he gave her access to his tools. Regardless off all the things you could pick to complain about, this one is stupid.

The whole Faceless Men arc in the show makes zero sense. She failed her training but he essentially went whatever and gave her all the tools to give on a killing spree despite that not being how the Faceless Men operate or seemingly condone?

Pagusas

Elden Member
So they just up and let her take Faceless Men equipment for shits and giggles? It's not like Walder is on a hit list.

Do you even watch the show? He's on her list and thats the list that matters, the many face god wouldnt have taken her in if it wasnt what mattered. The faceless god was smiling and happy that she was leaving/became Arya Stark again, whatever test he was running her through she passed. They left each other on good terms and its likely he would have either let her use a face or have access to his tools, which he likely has in many places. Arya has already shown she knows how to faceswap, she used it before to murder someone on her list.

The whole Faceless Men arc in the show makes zero sense. She failed her training but he essentially went whatever and gave her all the tools to give on a killing spree despite that not being how the Faceless Men operate or seemingly condone?

What show are you watching? Go rewatch her leaving the faceless god, the dude was strait up smiling with the the good ol "all according to plan" smile. She passed his test.

duckroll

She didn't fail her training. She failed the initiation, but it seems she passed the training, since well... in the end she did kill the other disciple!

Yo, that was super entertaining. Jaime's face when he realized Cersei did exactly what he killed Aerys for, Davos acting his ass off, some real cinematic shots throughout, and the best character going out strong, only to be foiled by stupid Bernie Sanders feeling the Bern.

Only missteps were dumb Dorne and the Samwell Tarley comedy hour. I also don't buy Tyrion believing in Dany. I guess if I really had to complain the whole Frey thing didn't land as well as it did in the books with Frey pie. Can't wait to see what happens with Sansa and Cersei next season!

Sheroking

In the book? I really doubt it

In the show? Hmmmm... it definitely may be possible

It's funny, because until this episode I would have said the exact opposite.

This definitely seems like something the book would push and the show would have misgivings doing. An incest marriage between heroes is harder to pull off in a show than it is on a page.

But then they made Jon King of the North and made a big deal out of Dany freeing herself up for a political marriage.

rando14

Yo, that was super entertaining. Jaime's face when he realized Cersei did exactly what he killed Aerys for, Davos acting his ass off, some real cinematic shots throughout, and the best character going out strong, only to be foiled by stupid Bernie Sanders feeling the Bern.

Only missteps were dumb Dorne and the Samwell Tarley comedy hour. I also don't buy Tyrion believing in Dany. Can't wait to see what happens with Sansa and Cersei next season!

Yooo and the music too!!

Moff

it definitely doesn't make sense that he let her go. her taking equipment doesn't even matter. she knows the secrets of the faceless men AND is basically a faceless man gone rogue. there is no way this could be good for the faceless men. it was not explained enough why jaquen would let her go.

Tuck

Its not, actually, since the Faceless Men plotline ended up making zero sense.

Pezking

He probably returned on board of the Dornish ships that were already a part of Danys Armada in the final scene:

dorneskue4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom