• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
I just checked GRRM's twitter to see if people here were exaggerating about the salt.

...They are not.

And it's only gonna get WORSE if the last two seasons comes out and TWOW still isn't released.

GRRM has said nothing about the show on his official twitter or on the blog.

Branduil

Also, show Lord Manderly sure has been working out, huh. I suppose the King in the North moment wouldn't work nearly as well if he was a massive flesh puppet being manipulated by a horde of attendants.

Moff

So with the Howland Reed theory up in flames do we just assume GRRM forgot about him? Where the hell has he been?

they didn't kill him off at the tower of joy, and he was there in the first place. I imagine he could be in season 7 with some proof of Jon's heritage.

Jarmel

Banned
So Dany is Jon's aunt?

I think that makes Jon the rightful heir if succession passes to the male. Is that how it works?
I think it varies depending on the society. She is a legitimate Targ while he's still a bastard. So does a male bastard trump a legitimate daughter?

Betty

Banned
Jon being Rhaegar's son.. that gives him a claim to the throne, right?

Is anyone going to take the word of a kid who saw it in a vision?

How else are they going to prove his legitimacy? If anyone who knew about it tried to convince Daenerys she would just assume they could be lying.

Nbz

WOW what an episode.

I'm 100% sure now that Jaime is the Valonqar, and that Cersei's move to "Mad Queen" means that Jaime will have to repeat his murder of the mad king by taking her down. As much as I would love Arya to take down Cersei, I think prophecies have had their way more often than not in both the show and book

Chase17

How else are they going to prove his legitimacy? If anyone who knew about it tried to convince Daenerys she would just assume they could be lying.

Howland Reed is going to stroll up with a birth certificate.

jett

D-Member
sooo, does anyone doubt that Jon will change his name before the end? Snow is a bastards name.
I wonder if he will call himself Jon Stark or Jon Targaryen, maybe they go super progressive and call him Jon Targaryen-Stark.

If he is actually made king he can legitimize himself, lol.

kris.

Banned
Kings Landing's resolution is a fucking masterpiece. everything leading up to it was dull af but holy shit talk about some redemption.

I think it varies depending on the society. She is a legitimate Targ while he's still a bastard. So does a male bastard trump a legitimate daughter?

He could be a legitimate Targaryen, they were into the whole polygamy thing. Generally speaking though, a male bastard isn't entitled to anything, unless they're legitimized. Then I guess they just fall into the line seeing how book Robb wanted Jon legitimized to Winterfell block Sansa and Tyrion.

Nbz

Guys, I think the most powerful moment of this episode was Tommen's demise.

Maybe because it was suicide, and because he was a kid, but it was powerful as fuck.

Yeah man, that moment was a complete gut punch. Was not expecting it after the desolation that was the wildfire explosion, but it is perfect narratively and was executed in such a shocking way

Howland Reed would work. At least, in the books. Doesn't look like they're going down that road on the show.

fuzzyset

Is there no Best Music Emmy category? If so, I have no idea why that episode wasn't pushed by HBO for that category. The music elevated the episode so much.

Lautaro

WOW what an episode.

I'm 100% sure now that Jaime is the Valonqar, and that Cersei's move to "Mad Queen" means that Jaime will have to repeat his murder of the mad king by taking her down. As much as I would love Arya to take down Cersei, I think prophecies have had their way more often than not in both the show and book

The only problem is that the show doesn't mention any Valonqar... but that shouldn't stop Jaime from killing her ofc.

So I'm guessing Euron is going to try and marry Cersei now?

She needs a fleet since hers is:

Show: destroyed at Blackwater
Books: stolen

9gdaWBf.jpg

Are you in the right thread?

Hahaha, I love this picture because it reminds me of Blazing Saddles. "It's Headly."

Ratrat

Was Kevan in this episode? I didn't see him.
What is Ser Gregor doing to the Septa? He's a zombie. She'll be dead in 5 minutes.
How has Kings Landing not rioted when its so obvious that Cersei just took out the beloved Tyrells, The Faith and the King and proclaimed herself Queen overnight?
Why didn't Arya kill Jaime instead of wasting time killing several men and baking them?
Why did Jon just usurp Sansa's seat?
Why did Varys go all the way back to Mereen just to be on a boat headed for Westeros?
Why can't Dany, a powerful Queen not take a lover in Westeros when she had no qualms of doing so WHILE married in Mereen? She's dragging a huge army of foriegn eunachs and Dothraki with her but is worried about what people might think of her fucking some guy?

It was a really entertaining episode that, as always made little sense. It was funny how they awknowledged the Sand Snakes' reception.
Yeah, he was in the sept.
Ouch.

Finished this episode finally, lets see.

1. Lady Mormont is MVP for this season. only a few scenes, but stole every one of them.

2. How in the world does Cersei plan on maintaining power here? She wiped out the popular faith, killed god knows how many lords and ladies of the court, and has a shaky at best claim. The second Danny lands, she's basically toast. I see her trying another 'burn them all!' and getting offed by Jamie.

3. Jon is king of the north eh? I wonder how his heritage coming to light could effect that. Not to mention if Bran shows up again, he's got the stronger claim to the throne of the north.

4. Looks like the north acted contrary to how little finger wanted. Can't see him ignoring that.

5. Red lady went south eh? Odds she runs into Danny? I'm betting yes.

GorillaJu

Yes it's stupid and yes she shouldn't have access to the faces. It's D&D.

The implication is that he's raping her hence the Shame line and I think duckroll heard the Mountain unbluckling his armor.

She could have taken a hand full of faces before leaving Braavos. They aren't exactly heavy or large.

jett

D-Member
You people are gonna have to roll with the idea that Arya knows how to make her own faces. Makes no sense, but that's just that D&D magic.

Tuck

Is there no Best Music Emmy category? If so, I have no idea why that episode wasn't pushed by HBO for that category. The music elevated the episode so much.

Yup - the scene at the Sept, the Lyanna/Jon reveal, the boats at the end...

Amazing music all around.

dmann

I haven't been following the discussion so my apologies if this has already been discussed.

Jon is still a bastard (Snow and now a Targaryen bastard) since it is implied that he is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Daenerys would be his aunt. So in the world of Westeros who has a better claim to the Iron Throne; a bastard son of a prince (Jon Snow/Targaryen) or the daughter of a previous king (Daenerys Targaryen)?

Will the North follow him once it is revealed that he's a Targaryen bastard? The Northern lords wouldn't be required to follow him as their liege lord.

Questions...questions... Season 7 will be an interesting one. April 2017 will be a long and excruciating wait!

mcfrank

I haven't been following the discussion so my apologies if this has already been discussed.

Jon is still a bastard (Snow and now a Targaryen bastard) since it is implied that he is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Daenerys would be his aunt. So in the world of Westeros who has a better claim to the Iron Throne; a bastard son of a prince (Jon Snow/Targaryen) or the daughter of a previous king (Daenerys Targaryen)?

Will the North follow him once it is revealed that he's a Targaryen bastard? The Northern lords wouldn't be required to follow him as their liege lord.

Questions...questions... Season 7 will be an interesting one. April 2017 will be a long and excruciating wait!

The person with dragons has the better claim

Mad Queen confirmed.

Shes insane. I understand wanting to kill the High Septon, but the Tyrells? Fucking nutjob. I loved the way Jaime essentially knew what she had become. Queenslayer incoming next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom