• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Banned
Give Tyrion something far more interesting to do then what's in the books

They're doing a pretty poor job so far.

Everyone was so glad Tyrion's journey in ADWD was getting truncated... Cut out the fat, they said. Get to the good part, they said.

I guess Tyrion meeting Dany was cool, but now he's stuck doing fuck-all in Meereen. Compare that to what's going on at the end of ADWD and TWOW preview chapters.
He's smack-dab in the middle of an all-out war between slavers, Meereen and Greyjoys with two dragons wrecking shit in the sky. His involvement could dramatically change the outcome of this war, as he's conspiring to make certain groups change sides.
That shit's not gonna happen in the show. Instead, you'll get cock jokes and pointless filler.

fuzzyset

I guess Tyrion meeting Dany was cool, but now he's stuck doing fuck-all in Meereen. Compare that to what's going on at the end of ADWD and TWOW preview chapters.
He's smack-dab in the middle of an all-out war between slavers, Meereen and Greyjoys with two dragons wrecking shit in the sky. His involvement could dramatically change the outcome of this war, as he's conspiring to make certain groups change sides.
That shit's not gonna happen in the show. Instead, you'll get cock jokes and pointless filler.

They setup the battle with the discussion of Astapor and Yunkai this past episode. Ironborn and Slaver ships will show up to Meereen soon.

Eidan

Everyone was so glad Tyrion's journey in ADWD was getting truncated... Cut out the fat, they said. Get to the good part, they said.

Really? Seems to me that they're setting up the show's version of the Battle of Meereen pretty well. The two other major slaver cities have been retaken, Dany's fleet is destroyed, the Ironborn will likely sail to Meereen, the dragons have been unchained...it seems like all the elements are there. All without having Peter Dinklage joust on fucking pigs. .

Henkka

Banned
Hmm, maybe. They mentioned the other cities re-adopting slavery, but not necessarily preparing to attack Meereen, I think? Maybe I'm being too cynical.

Meereen in the show is just so... quiet. I understand it's a budget issue, but it's crazy how there's literally nobody in the pyramid except Tyrion, Varys, Missandei and Grey Worm. I suppose introducing Euron and taking chains off the dragons has to be leading to something like the battle in Slaver's Bay... But I don't think how we're getting there is necessarily more interesting than Tyrion's boat journey, either.

I didn't even really pick up on on other slave-cities potentially prepping for war. Actually this could be really cool. We could have Dany's return and the Ironborn arriving just in time for the siege/battle. Shit gets fucked and they finally head for Westeros...

Since Euron has made his entrance I imagine his dragon horn is going to come into play. The sooner they take off for Meereen the better, that storyline is really struggling.

RaidenXZ

So is Crows Eye going to actually have like an eye patch or something like a busted up eye? Or are they just gonna call him Euron and forget about it all. Because it looked like last night he had both eyes from what I can see :/

Gigglepoo

What are the chances of us getting Marwyn headed to Slaver's Bay? I cannot wait to see what he does once he arrives in Meereen but I fear the show is cutting out a lot of the maester intrigue.

Oh, and we need Moqorro, too. That guy's great!

So is Crows Eye going to actually have like an eye patch or something like a busted up eye? Or are they just gonna call him Euron and forget about it all. Because it looked like last night he had both eyes from what I can see :/

I don't really care if he has an eye patch, but he should look different. He's gone around the world and seen things no one in Westeros has seen but he looks like any other dude. That's not right. He was just kind of boring last night. I hope he reveals his awesomeness at the kingsmoot.

JakeD

At least it wasn't like bloodraven where he actually references his one eye in a direct book quote, while clearly having two

Arkeband

Banned
I don't really care if he has an eye patch, but he should look different. He's gone around the world and seen things no one in Westeros has seen but he looks like any other dude. That's not right. He was just kind of boring last night. I hope he reveals his awesomeness at the kingsmoot.

He looked like a pudgy ginger with mutton chops.

They went from this:

2982904-h063039f1.jpeg

to quite literally this:

It's like Loras Tyrell crossed with Ron Swanson.

I'm wondering if he'll get an eyepatch due to Balon's swipe at his face with the dagger...?

Much rather have Tyrion in Meereen than in a box and a ship for two seasons.

Moff

I for one am glad they didn't give the only pirate character an eye patch, why not a wooden leg and a parrot as well?
and I think he looks extremely like alfie allen

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Someone remind me, what's Davos interest in Jon?

That whole scene felt like out of nowhere...

Well, he sees Jon as a good man, and I'd like to think that the Stannis in him wants to see justice happen for the mutiny.

But the show hasn't communicated any of that. He's just doing everything because the plot needs someone to spearhead Jon's resurrection and Davos is a bigger character than Edd.

Arkeband

Banned
I for one am glad they didn't give the only pirate character an eye patch, why not a wooden leg and a parrot as well?
and I think he looks extremely like alfie allen

It makes more sense when you accept in your heart that he's actually both Benjen and Daario, so the pirate eyepatch is part of his disguise.

Well, he sees Jon as a good man, and I'd like to think that the Stannis in him wants to see justice happen for the mutiny.

But the show hasn't communicated any of that. He's just doing everything because the plot needs someone to spearhead Jon's resurrection and Davos is a bigger character than Edd.

Last season we saw Stannis talk about Jon and giving him respect. Davos sees that, Stannis saw something in Jon. Davos knows that if Jon goes, the world is fucked.

One thing they should have done though is have Davos gone to Hardhome with Jon. Would have really tied it all together nicely.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Last season we saw Stannis talk about Jon and giving him respect. Davos sees that, Stannis saw something in Jon. Davos knows that if Jon goes, the world is fucked.

One thing they should have done though is have Davos gone to Hardhome with Jon. Would have really tied it all together nicely.

I think it's easy to intimate or infer why Davos does it, but I think the show needed a line (and maybe I missed one?) of why he's sticking it out with Edd and co. Otherwise, yeah, you go with the flow, but it's also a bit odd at the same time.

Surfinn

What happened to Mel's true form and her necklace? Thought that was going to hold some sort of significance in regard to resurrecting Jon.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
At least it wasn't like bloodraven where he actually references his one eye in a direct book quote, while clearly having two

His third eye could be the eye that he uses while a raven...ya know in the middle of his forehead.

Someone that looks like they could be related to Alfie Allen seems like a more logical reference point than some over sexualized illustrations of the Greyjoy's.

jrcbandit

I think it's easy to intimate or infer why Davos does it, but I think the show needed a line (and maybe I missed one?) of why he's sticking it out with Edd and co. Otherwise, yeah, you go with the flow, but it's also a bit odd at the same time.

Yeah, the problem could have easily been solved with Melisandre just asking why Davos wants this so badly. And he just replies that he thinks Jon is the only hope that the North has and that Stannis saw something in him.

Massa

But Tyrion just released both dragons! How is that "doing fuck-all"?!?!?! And that's not to mention the awesome character story they incorporated from the books about him.

You have to be cynic as hell to judge Tyrion in episode 2 as "cock jokes". That's why this thread is so tiring to read, it's like people are only paying attention to the things they don't like.

Gigglepoo

I was happy that Tormond was like "We gotta burn this body!" It was so jarring seeing Jon's brothers crowded around his body last week considering they know wights exists. Good thing we had a sensible wilding to tell them what's what.

Gigglepoo

Interesting decision establishing why Jon is important after he's resurrected. I thought we weren't going to see him come back until episode four because the show had to establish why he matters first.

I think it's only 2 targaryen kingsguards

There were 3 kingsguards at the tower - Arthur Dayne (Sword of the Morning), Oswell Whent, and the the Lord Commander Gerold Hightower. The later being there are but confirms the first in line to the throne was at that tower.

Henkka

Banned
But Tyrion just released both dragons! How is that "doing fuck-all"?!?!?! And that's not to mention the awesome character story they incorporated from the books about him.

You have to be cynic as hell to judge Tyrion in episode 2 as "cock jokes". That's why this thread is so tiring to read, it's like people are only paying attention to the things they don't like.

Alright, I'll stop. :p

I did like Zombie Mountain smashing that guy, and Jaime confronting the Sparrow. Yara's talk with Balon was also good. I was actually pretty positive on the episode until Ramsay came along.

Moff

There were 3 kingsguards at the tower - Arthur Dayne (Sword of the Morning), Oswell Whent, and the the Lord Commander Gerold Hightower. The later being there are but confirms the first in line to the throne was at that tower.

I know that's what it was like in the books, but all the trailers and previews have only shown 2 of them in the show

No one is this fight is old or taken by surprise. The show has, for the most part, nailed scenes like this. I'm really excited about it.

Oh, I'm excited about it, too. I hope they do it justice.

Just have to keep in mind that in the TV show's world, Brienne of Tarth, Jon Snow and shirtless Ramsey are the best single combatants in Westeros. The show-runners don't seem to always agree with GRRM about who the badasses are.

I think he means that
the trailers have made it look like there will only be AD and one other at the tower in the show.

What happened to Mel's true form and her necklace? Thought that was going to hold some sort of significance in regard to resurrecting Jon.

I think that was just a nice little element of character-building. Showed how long she's been in this fight and how exhausted and lost she really felt.

I know that's what it was like in the books, but all the trailers and previews have only shown 2 of them in the show

I could see them taking Whent out, he's an extra for the most part. As are the other 5 companions that didn't survive the fight.

Oh, I'm excited about it, too. I hope they do it justice.

Just have to keep in mind that in the TV show's world, Brienne of Tarth, Jon Snow and shirtless Ramsey are the best single combatants in Westeros. The show-runners don't seem to always agree with GRRM about who the badasses are.

I don't see why they would bother doing the scene if they didn't intend to do it justice. Ned is there to retrieve his sister and ends up taking home his nephew and heir to the throne. It's kinda important.

Surfinn

I think she was just taking it off to go to bed.

I think all that was to show how broken she was faith-wise. Kind of allow us to see her at her lowest.

I think that was just a nice little element of character-building. Showed how long she's been in this fight and how exhausted and lost she really felt.

Thanks for the responses guys. Makes sense and I'm assuming we'll find out more about her "transformation" later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom