• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That actually leads to an interesting scenario if Kevan and Tommen are dead. Who even gets the throne at that point? All the major Baratheon's are dead, all of "Robert's" children are dead, and all of his brother's children are dead. I mean, do they start just going to Lannister's at that point? Hold some kind of tournament? The only person left between the Baratheon's and Lannisters would be... Jaime lol.

Gendry.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Oh and Roose went out like a chump. I'm surprised the dude didn't see that obvious power play coming.
Either Inside the Thrones or an interview with Roose's actor stated that Roose pretty much did see it coming and knew he had to kill Ramsey, it's just that Ramsey murdered first. Which makes some sense: Roose would wait until no one was watching to kill Ramsey or send him on a suicide mission. But Ramsey is crazy enough to do it right in front of everyone and without a plan. Roose was just been done in by bad timing by the Maester.

Lothar

Banned
hSC7ejm.png

Kozak

Banned
The show clearly wants us to believe that Davos has a stronger relationship with Snow than we think.

"You're not the only one who owes his life to Lord Snow"

I don't know what that means in the context of the show.

Who owes their life to Jon that Davos knows?

Violater

The show clearly wants us to believe that Davos has a stronger relationship with Snow than we think.

Did you watch episode 2?????

Speevy

Banned

I think he met Tormund Giantsbane a few minutes ago.

The wildlings that Jon snow got himself murdered for.

Jeels

Does Davos know Stannis is dead? It seems so weird that he's completely forgotten about Stannis and Shereen

If he does, why trust the red woman?

If he doesn't, why hasn't news arrived? I thought mels whole depressive phase was about Stannis + Jon and not just Jon...

Jeels

Mel mentioned it (without detail) in ep 1.

Then that characterization makes absolutely no sense. I'd imagine he'd be going after the Boltons or trying to kill Mel or trying to locate his body, something... Anything...

I guess they just needed to trim Stannis out so they just completely forget about him after the death in order to move things forward. ..

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
As much as Davos asking Melisandre to bring Jon back to life is out of left field even for this show, it does in a way make more sense than him asking her to bring back Stannis. Stannis, whose sole motive was becoming king, would return with no army, no wife nor a heir. I don't think he would want to be revived. All he could do is personally help fight the night walkers.

Stannis would want Davos to help protect the realm and while I don't think Davos really sees the threat of the night walkers like Jon, Sam, Edd and Tormud do, he might have a better understanding of the situtation than Thorne, Marsh and Olly.

I would die happy knowing Ramsay gets destroyed by a white walker later in the show or books if he makes it out of this season. Unless he falls to Jon.

Mel mentioned it (without detail) in ep 1.
Then that characterization makes absolutely no sense. I'd imagine he'd be going after the Boltons or trying to kill Mel or trying to locate his body, something... Anything...

I guess they just needed to trim Stannis out so they just completely forget about him after the death in order to move things forward. ..

There was a clear understanding with Davos that they were all dead in ep 510 when she showed up at Castle Black.

Davos spoke in season 5 to Jon that Stannis saw something in him, probably an opinion that Davos shared himself. Stannis and Davos tried to convince Jon to leave the Night's Watch and become a Stark and help them rally the North. Jon is still Davos' best chance to accomplish this, if anything Davos' actions having changed at all (and there's also clearly an element of Davos' good nature in this, he saw someone he respected murdered, so he did what he believed was the right thing to do).

Jeels

There was a clear understanding with Davos that they were all dead in ep 510 when she showed up at Castle Black.

Davos spoke in season 5 to Jon that Stannis saw something in him, probably an opinion that Davos shared himself. Stannis and Davos tried to convince Jon to leave the Night's Watch and become a Stark and help them rally the North. Jon is still Davos' best chance to accomplish this, if anything Davos' actions having changed at all (and there's also clearly an element of Davos' good nature in this, he saw someone he respected murdered, so he did what he believed was the right thing to do).

Thanks. I probably need to re-watch the second half of season 5.

Lothar

Banned
OMG lmao

"#1 Player Hater, Alliser Thorne" ahahahaha

You should watch their reaction last year when Jon died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsBPdvVdtcw

"Man, fuck Olly. Little sumbitch. I hope you get fucked up in these Westeros streets, ho!"

"They set him up with his family member, Mike"

"Alliser Thorne gonna be at the player hater's ball."

"Man, if I see you in these streets Alliser Thorne, we gonna be all up on you. We riding up all you Alliser. I'll bring Ramsay up there."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
New Dem Thrones Real Negus Too Too Trill Review!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68WaD27PzMU

This is the most fun review series out there.

It's fascinating going from the Linda review (A person that doesn't enjoy anything) to this review (Two guys that enjoy everything)

oh shiiiit, their intro :D

:lol at their "NFL can't get sued on this shit" about the Giant slinging that archer against the wall.

CLEEK

What happened to Yara over the last couple years? Her eyes look really fucked up.

Like Renee Zelweger "different person's face" fucked up.

She's always looked like Odo. The salt water obviously doesn't agree with her natural liquid form and her face is melting.

I agree that Davos not even having a conversation with Melisandre about Stannis or Shireen is quite odd. And just the type of convenient, puzzling writing the show is known for.
What happened to Yara over the last couple years? Her eyes look really fucked up.

Like Renee Zelweger "different person's face" fucked up.
Xanax and Percocet, clearly.

duckroll

I may be giving the show too much credit, but I feel that the idea of some of the Northern houses defecting to Ramsay of all people (not even his father, but him!) seems to be setting up him getting surrounded by people who put themselves there to stab him in the back when the time comes. I just hope that when that finally happens, he tells Jon Snow "I've got twenty good men, what do you have?" and Jon goes "I've got 20... North men." and they all turn on him. That would be so good.

I knew D&D will ruin the show as soon as they start using original content. Letting fans dictate for them what to do and
bringing Jon back to life
... disgusting
It would never have happened with GRRM

Drazgul

Karstarks are understandably a bit pissed (though why hate on the entire family based on what Robb did), but the other houses? Yeah, them switching so easily doesn't make much sense, northmen are generally supposed to be loyal to a fault.

Henkka

Banned
Does Davos know Stannis is dead? It seems so weird that he's completely forgotten about Stannis and Shereen

If he does, why trust the red woman?

If he doesn't, why hasn't news arrived? I thought mels whole depressive phase was about Stannis + Jon and not just Jon...

I was curious about this too, so I rewatched the relevant bit from last year's finale.

Davos asks Mel about Stannis and Shireen, and Mel simply responds with silence, implying they're dead. Davos probably thinks Shireen was killed by Boltons. He got over it.

Doesn't ask about Lady Selyse, lol

Turin

Banned
Without talking about the scene specifically, what do you guys think about the guy they chose to play young Ned Stark?

I thought he'd look older. Isn't Ned in his 20s at the Tower of Joy?

Doesn't look like the scary accurate young-casting that Boardwalk Empire had but it's passable. Voice was a bit lighter than I expected but he had the accent down for that line.

Ramsay what the fuck

like I know I shouldn't be surprised, and yet, here we are

I'm just anxious to find out how this particular storyline plays out in Winds. It sort of feels like Roose and Ramsay have traded places. Maybe I'm wrong.

Henkka

Banned
Karstarks are understandably a bit pissed (though why hate on the entire family based on what Robb did), but the other houses? Yeah, them switching so easily doesn't make much sense, northmen are generally supposed to be loyal to a fault.

Why would hating Starks mean you favor Ramsay over Roose, though? If they hated Robb so much, and Roose killed him, shouldn't they root for him, or... I dunno.

Kain

Davos jumped on the Jonwagon pretty quickly.

Now I'm waiting for JonxMel. Then he discovers she's and old hag but he doesn't care. TRUE LOVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom