• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no Northern Conspiracy from my perspective.

Jon will take over Stannis' military assault and kill Ramsay and that's it for the Boltons. There's no need for any sort of subversive tactics from The North, especially when they've sat out on the sidelines since the Red Wedding.

I'm thinking there will be a Jon with some wildlings and Sansa+Davos with some northern houses including Mormonts fighting Boltons+Karstarks+Umbers and come to a standstill with LF+some Vale forces saving the day. Manderlys will betray Ramsay from the inside. They actually namedropped Manderlys and that makes me think they will have an actual visible part to play.

Or Davos and Sansa will come with LF. I don't think they want to have a overwhelming victory for Jon just for drama reasons.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I hate Sundays where I have nothing to do except wait for the GoT episode. :(

We did the whole Mother's Day thing yesterday because my mom prefers we do it on Saturdays so nobody needs to leave early because of work the next day.

I'm thinking there will be a Jon with some wildlings and Sansa+Davos with some northern houses including Mormonts fighting Boltons+Karstarks+Umbers and come to a standstill with LF+some Vale forces saving the day. Manderlys will betray Ramsay from the inside. They actually namedropped Manderlys and that makes me think they will have an actual visible part to play.

Or Davos and Sansa will come with LF. I don't think they want to have a overwhelming victory for Jon just for drama reasons.

To me if the 'Northern Conspiracy' theory plays out in the books it will have been more about the North acting in their own interests behind the backs of different figures fighting over their land (Lannisters, Boltons & Stannis). It's more the political element and less about the military might of fighting for the North.

Having Jon/Sansa get involved in an actual fight for the North as Team Stark, whilst also having Northern Houses ally themselves to the Boltons so they can 'take them down from the inside' seems foolish, because if Jon/Sansa has the support of those Northern Houses then they'd make short work of taking back Winterfell. Let's not forget that the reason Roose agreed to Littlefinger's marriage proposal was because he didn't have the men to hold Winterfell against The North. Karstark short shortsightedness aside I don't see why they'd stand by the Boltons when every other major House in the North marches on them.

I feel quite strongly that they lost the 'right' to have the NC storyline when they dropped the Northern houses after the Red Wedding and completely cut from them from the Winterfell plot in season 5. It's too late in the game to bring them back, divvy them up between the Boltons & The Starks and then after a few episodes say "haha, got u gud we're all Starks!".

I actually don't mind the show getting ahead of the book, but I really hope that when
/if
Winds of Winter is released, someone writes an extensive summary of where things actually stood in the books at the end of book 5 and what important events in the show have to be forgotten because they currently contradict the books. Because holy hell is my brain going to get confused. Especially in a couple of years, since that's perhaps the earliest we can hope for book 6.

Or maybe I should just give up entirely on the books.

mcfrank

I actually don't mind the show getting ahead of the book, but I really hope that when
/if
Winds of Winter is released, someone writes an extensive summary of where things actually stood in the books at the end of book 5 and what important events in the show have to be forgotten because they currently contradict the books. Because holy hell is my brain going to get confused. Especially in a couple of years, since that's perhaps the earliest we can hope for book 6.

Martin has, so why wouldn't you?

CassSept

/if

There are huge chunks of story from ADWD that I remember once in a while and think 'Huh, that did happen'. Especially in regard to entire Asha arc from ADWD. A complete blank.

Speevy

Banned
Someone has to say "And now it begins." when the episode starts.

Then someone replies to that person right when the credits roll with "No. Now it ends."

Who are you?! No one! WHO Are YOU?! NO ONEEeeEE x 1000

- all of arya's expert assassin training

Also just reading log lines from future episodes makes me think that
the tower of joy flashback will be spread out across a few episodes.

spoiler tagged it because although it's speculation it is based on those lines.

Speevy

Banned

- all of arya's expert assassin training

Also just reading log lines from future episodes makes me think that
the tower of joy flashback will be spread out across a few episodes.

spoiler tagged it because although it's speculation it is based on those lines.

The faceless men are just a group of master brainwashers.

Also,
Promise me Ned is totally happening in another episode.

-Listen! Listen to the waves! Listen to the god! He is speaking to us, and he says, We shall have no king but from the kingsmoot!

-I am the kingsmoot, brother.

-For fuck's sake, Euron...

This shit is really annoying me actually. Arya's storyline has been complete poop ever since she moved to Braavos. Also the waif's actress is not doing a very good job (she does permanently wears the same scowl on her face). Or maybe the character was shit in the first place, I don't remember.

I agree that I can see the Arya scenes becoming old real fast. They could just as well cut her entirely for the time being and let the audience fill the blanks of her training for the most part.

Speevy

Banned
-Listen! Listen to the waves! Listen to the god! He is speaking to us, and he says, We shall have no king but from the kingsmoot!

-I am the kingsmoot, brother.

-For fuck's sake, Euron...

<tune of "Real American">

He is the first storm and the last.

They had to tie him to the mast.

He is the first storm and the last.

Sailing all day, they see him and pray!

Speevy

Banned
I like Arya's story. They just need to cut out parts of it. It's funny that D and D are so keen on cutting stuff except when they actually should.

sadblob

I'm really not looking forward to Arya's parts. They've been dragging on way too much and going nowhere.

Feels like she's been training for years and I can't find a way she becomes a master assassin in time to do anything. Also a problem in the books.

Faddy

Banned
I like Arya's story. They just need to cut out parts of it. It's funny that D and D are so keen on cutting stuff except when they actually should.

There is no point accelerating her story if they have to invent plot points.

There are four A plots that are pushing beyond the books

Jon including the Wall and the North
Tyrion in Meereen
Dany with the Dothraki
Kingslanding

Everything else is kind of a B plot (arya, iron islands, dorne, riverlands, wider slavers bay) that can use book plot while it waits for the A plots to eventually fold into them.

I'm kinda bummed that the episode name can't be a link to Stoneheart since nobody is in the riverlands for a while. A year ago I was happy that they dropped her from the show but now I kinda want to see her for whatever reason.

News Bot

Banned
I still can't get over how oblivious Roose was with regards to Ramsay despite being fully aware that he is a psychopathic mad dog. It's plain stupidity and nothing more. Show Roose is an idiot.

ryseing

Do we have any idea what the process of becoming a FM is actually like? I have to assume it isn't just the acolytes repeating the phrase "no one" over and over.

Just speculation on the first trailer (or was it the second) where Arya is jumping around Braavos but maybe she will bail the Faceless Men for some reason after learning their face tricks and be chased by them instead of just being stuck in there for years. Or it could just be a part of one of her assassination jobs/training :/

Damerman

I'm really not looking forward to Arya's parts. They've been dragging on way too much and going nowhere.
Ur name is euron and u have new daario avatar. &#129300; what happened to the euron is daario theory?

Also, i disagreed. Arya's story is the one i find the most interesting, whether its in the book or the show. Easily the most intriguing.

Gigglepoo

Yes, I meant about the time needed to train. It is known GRRM wanted to skip 5 years for this reason (and other characters).

Ah, good point. My guess is Arya never learns to be "no one," but she can kill and warg better than any 11-year-old girl in the Seven Kingdoms.

Apt101

Tower of Joy hype! Are you guys excited?
Please don't screw this up D & D

Cautiously. I'm fully expecting them to miss the entire point, which was the characters and emotion, and instead just deliver a radical fight scene without the mythical personas or the heart. So anything better than that I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom