• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Someone sell me on Shiren. I've been eyeing it for weeks and now it's finally on sale, but...I haven't played a lot of roguelikes and the ones I did play I ended up not enjoying that much (The curry roguelike, One way heroics demo).
Yeah, Shiren is gorgeous and I'd say among the best roguelikes ever.

What specifically didn't you like about the games you aged before?

Saphirax

Shameless plug for my review http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/shiren-wanderer-tower-fortune-dice-fate-review/

It's a lot better than sorcery saga. No contest at all. Also it looks so good with the pixel art visuals.

Yeah, Shiren is gorgeous and I'd say among the best roguelikes ever.

What specifically didn't you like about the games you aged before?

Yeah, one of the reasons I'm interested in Shiren is because it looks good. I'm generally not fond of roguelike gameplay mechanics (going through same places over and over, losing your gear and starting at level 1) but if the other aspects of the game are strong I don't think I'd mind much.

For example Sorcery Saga doesn't look all that appealing (art style wise) and I had the game crash on me at least 2-3 times while in a dungeon. It totally put me off the genre. I even gave it another chance but the game just wasn't that interesting.

I'd like OWH better if it didn't have the wall of doom following you everywhere. I'd just end up constantly fussing about it and not enjoying the game.

I also tried the roguelike dungeon in FFX-2 and uhh...that was a really bad experience for me :p. Mostly because I absolutely had no clue what I was doing and I didn't even know how to progress.

Like I said I really do like the way Shiren looks and I want to try it, but part of me fears I'd get overwhelmed and just stop. The game has a tutorial section so at least that should be helpful!

Yeah, one of the reasons I'm interested in Shiren is because it looks good. I'm generally not fond of roguelike gameplay mechanics (going through same places over and over, losing your gear and starting at level 1) but if the other aspects of the game are strong I don't think I'd mind much.

For example Sorcery Saga doesn't look all that appealing (art style wise) and I had the game crash on me at least 2-3 times while in a dungeon. It totally put me off the genre. I even gave it another chance but the game just wasn't that interesting.

I'd like OWH better if it didn't have the wall of doom following you everywhere. I'd just end up constantly fussing about it and not enjoying the game.

I also tried the roguelike dungeon in FFX-2 and uhh...that was a really bad experience for me :p. Mostly because I absolutely had no clue what I was doing and I didn't even know how to progress.

Like I said I really do like the way Shiren looks and I want to try it, but part of me fears I'd get overwhelmed and just stop. The game has a tutorial section so at least that should be helpful!

The tutorial has a ton of stuff explained and actually makes you do it unlike shitty tutorials in games like Touhou genso rondo bullet ballet. Shiren has no DLC so you could wait for a physical copy price drop from NA and import if you dont want to go digital.

Saphirax

The tutorial has a ton of stuff explained and actually makes you do it unlike shitty tutorials in games like Touhou genso rondo bullet ballet. Shiren has no DLC so you could wait for a physical copy price drop from NA and import if you dont want to go digital.

Digital doesn't bother me, it's currently 18 pounds. Don't think it'd go (much) cheaper if I waited to import it.

Digital doesn't bother me, it's currently 18 pounds. Don't think it'd go (much) cheaper if I waited to import it.

hmmm yea. I say go for it. This and Crypt of the necrodancer are my current favourite roguelikes. You know Pier Solar? I remember seeing the video showing off the upgrade and then game disappointed me. Shiren on Vita looks better to me or at least what i remember of pier solar hd in the campaign video.

I thought I just disliked Mystery Dungeon games as well, turns out I only played ones that were garbage in the recent past. Curry Saga, Etrian MD, probably some others.

Shiren was my first MD (fan TL on emulator) and I fell in love with the Vita one as well. It's the one true MD franchise for me.

Super great mechanics, super great pixel art, super charming. Can't guarantee that you'll like it, but you should give it a try. At least you'll know that if you don't like this one, the genre is 100% not for you. The other games you played just weren't as good.

Also, I wouldn't lump MD games together with all other roguelikes. They are pretty unique and their own sub-genre.

Saphirax

hmmm yea. I say go for it. This and Crypt of the necrodancer are my current favourite roguelikes. You know Pier Solar? I remember seeing the video showing off the upgrade and then game disappointed me. Shiren on Vita looks better to me or at least what i remember of pier solar hd in the campaign video.

I remember stumbling upon a few images from Pier Solar and wanting to buy the game. Then I read the reviews and yeah... Not worth spending the money on nostalgia alone.

I thought I just disliked Mystery Dungeon games as well, turns out I only played ones that were garbage in the recent past. Curry Saga, Etrian MD, probably some others.

Shiren was my first MD (fan TL on emulator) and I fell in love with the Vita one as well. It's the one true MD franchise for me.

Super great mechanics, super great pixel art, super charming. Can't guarantee that you'll like it, but you should give it a try. At least you'll know that if you don't like this one, the genre is 100% not for you. The other games you played just weren't as good.

Also, I wouldn't lump MD games together with all other roguelikes. They are pretty unique and their own sub-genre.

Yeah, I think I'll buy Shiren and see how it goes. The fact that it looks charming (at least from the videos I've seen) is a big plus.

I have to say, one of my biggest surprises from being a Vita fan has been how much I've grown to love interactive narrative games.

Prior to owning the handheld, my experience was pretty much limited to Broken Sword 2 (which I hated) as a point 'n' click game; and the visual novel sections of JRPG's.

On a whim I decided to buy DanganRonpa when it came out and it went on to become one of my favourite games of all time on any console, period. Just a great story and a great introduction to the genre because it has just enough gameplay to keep me occupied.

From there, I obviously played the sequels before last year moving on to Steins;Gate. Now this one replaced DanganRonpa as my favourite Vita game and also ranked among my favourites of all time. I was also impressed that it had very minimal gameplay and I was still hooked.

I've now almost finished The Walking Dead (Season 1) and that would be my #3 or #4 Vita game at this point behind DR1 and Steins;Gate (and possibly Hotline Miami). Given I rarely if ever played games like this before, that's quite an achievement to have them making up the whole of my favourite titles on the console.

And with Sekai Project finally committing to the console going forward; plus a couple more VN's coming for the rest of the year (Root Letter/Steins;Gate 0) and the inevitable DanganRonpa V3 release - plus hopefully the missing TellTale games at some point (god, I'm really crossing my fingers for these) it's looking good for at least the next 12 months too. When Vita finally kicks the bucket, I know I'm going to playing these games on other consoles for a long time too.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I mean, like I say it's only a month since she announced she was planning on making a Vita exclusive. It's very impressive so far but I assume it's running on PC and using placeholder assets, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too far yet.

That said, she's from a Spanish studio that have shipped Vita games, plus she's clearly very talented and passionate for Vita so hopefully things work out. Just don't get hopes up too high, because anything can happen ofc.

There's a kickstarter planned at some point to raise funds to buy a Vita dev kit and assets, then she's planning to do all the programming herself, so we'll have to see how it goes.
Well i said it looked too good for a indie vita game, but if she already worked on vita i guess she knows what it can do and what not.

Guys, is this real?
Dying Reborn trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4PFF7Y-ero

It reminds me of silent hill origins.

Chesskid1

Banned
i ordered builders from VGP just now

i ordered shiren LE from them before, so this is my 2nd order from them. hope it doesn't take a month!

RK128

My Criminal Girls 2 limited edition arrived today, I knew VGP had shipped my copy on the original release date.

I hope you enjoy the game Shizuka :D! I am really enjoying my time with the title so far and thought it was surprising solid (never played the original Criminal Girls).

Shizuka

I hope you enjoy the game Shizuka :D! I am really enjoying my time with the title so far and thought it was surprising solid (never played the original Criminal Girls).

Maybe I'll be able to fit in my schedule around April or May 2017. The struggle is real.

RK128

Maybe I'll be able to fit in my schedule around April or May 2017. The struggle is real.

o_O?!

You have THAT many games to play man......damn, you are busy buddy :). Currently bouncing through a number of games at once myself, so I completely understand being quite busy.

Chesskid1

Banned
i saw this on ebay for $29.99 buy it now and snapped it up

za9Y3ME.jpg

why doesn't it have any ratings on the cover? looked up other versions and they all did

i saw this on ebay for $29.99 buy it now and snapped it up

why doesn't it have any ratings on the cover? looked up other versions and they all did
There are ones without. Probably the Malaysian version which even has english text on the cover. The ones with the red 18+ are only Chinese

Animekatt

My copy of Lumo Vita came today from Base.com. I'm very pleased with that site, as I only paid $20 and change with shipping included, and it only took a week to get to Florida. I preordered SAO Hollow Realization there as well.

Ventara

My copy of Lumo Vita came today from Base.com. I'm very pleased with that site, as I only paid $20 and change with shipping included, and it only took a week to get to Florida. I preordered SAO Hollow Realization there as well.

I keep forgetting this isn't coming to NA physically. Will have to order it, too. I actually haven't really paid attention to normal Vita releases lately thanks to LRG. Will have to make a list this weekend of what I need to pick up.

Powwa

Received a mail from Play-Asia stating that shipping date is changed to Nov 4 for Dragon Quest Builders. I assume it's the same for all orders since I ordered my copy long ago. In the end it's okay I guess, still busy with other games.

Chesskid1

Banned
Received a mail from Play-Asia stating that shipping date is changed to Nov 4 for Dragon Quest Builders. I assume it's the same for all orders since I ordered my copy long ago. In the end it's okay I guess, still busy with other games.

interesting. i'll let you know if VGP orders change date as well.

My Vita is almost dead - yesterday it didn't want to wake up from sleep but I still managed to start it after few tries and now it completely refuses to start - only sign of life is orange light from PS button when i connect charger.

I've tried looking for new one but Sony is really doing a shitty job here - i only found new ones in few shops and prices are ridiculous.

Crap I was going to ask my friend to buy me one from Japan when he will be there in November but no way I'm staying without one for whole month.

Top Bottom