• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

jzbluz

But Atlus has improved the situation with EU. Compare getting P5 the same day as NA and physical with getting a game digital only a year later.

But Atlus has improved the situation with EU. Compare getting P5 the same day as NA and physical with getting a game digital only a year later.

Watch them delaying and region locking it at the last minute, lol. One way or the other they will screw over Europe once again! :)

Zhao_Yun

Yeah, only took them how long? 10 years?
Just to be clear, I am happy that P5 will see a simultaneous release in NA and EU but that won't make me forget how Atlus has treated us the last 10 years while other companies managed to improve in a much shorter period of time.

RK128

Is anyone making an official thread for Root Letter?

Similar to the Yomawari thread, I could make the thread if no one is making it :).

Edit: On second thought, never mind. Won't be making many OT's in the future, so sorry for suggesting this :(.

I know it's just a shit post tweet and who cares, but I thought you guys might get a laugh out of this one.

3WRZrrS.jpg

me irl, totally

Similar to the Yomawari thread, I could make the thread if no one is making it :).

Edit: On second thought, never mind. Won't be making many OT's in the future, so sorry for suggesting this :(.

What happened?

Also are wegonna bug aksys to do a reversible cover with just 999 art for us? I'd like to have the three on the shelf properly instead of ZE: The Nonary games, VLR, ZTD.

RK128

I realized that I just don't make good OT's and figured that other people do a much better job than I ever could. I also made a major mistake and didn't ask the maker of the original JP OT for the permission to use graphics his for my NA/EU OT. I credited him of course but I didn't ask permission beforehand, so I fucked up big time.

I don't feel it is right for me to make OT's when I might make that mistake again and I don't want to step on peoples toes on this gaming forum.

I realized that I just don't make good OT's and figured that other people do a much better job than I ever could. I also made a major mistake and did ask the maker of the original JP OT for the permission to use graphics his for my NA/EU OT. I credited him of course but I didn't ask permission beforehand, so I fucked up big time.

I don't feel it is right for me to make OT's when I might make that mistake again and I don't want to step on peoples toes on this gaming forum.

We all make mistakes. Dont worry. Plus just discussing vita stuff is stepping on people's toes on this forum :p

COWCAT

Neo Member
In case you missed the news, my adventure game "Demetrios" is coming to PS Vita on November 15th :)

demetrios-vita.png

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4CAGdVKdR0

It will be available on the PSN in both US and Europe on the same day.

This is a pretty much a one-man project as I did everything myself aside translations and some musics :)

Let me know if you've got questions!

COWCAT

Neo Member
Thanks! :)

This is my first console experience and it was a lot of work. Optimizing the game for the console was tough. I had some issues with the limitations of Game Maker Studio, the development engine I used (the same one used for games like Home, Hyperlight Drifter, Hotline Miami, Undertale...) and the CPU of the Vita which clearly doesn't compare with a computer CPU.

But in the end I managed to find solutions so the game runs in a good way :)

The submission process was also quite tedious for a small indie like myself. But I'm really glad to have "mastered" it :) Releasing a game on a PlayStation console is a childhood dream!

In case you missed the news, my adventure game "Demetrios" is coming to PS Vita on November 15th :)

demetrios-vita.png

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4CAGdVKdR0

It will be available on the PSN in both US and Europe on the same day.

This is a pretty much a one-man project as I did everything myself aside translations and some musics :)

Let me know if you've got questions!

Wow, congrats! Just watched the trailer and this is right up my alley - I'll likely pick it up. Reminds me of the Hector games and some of Daedelic's output.

This is my first console experience and it was a lot of work. Optimizing the game for the console was tough. I had some issues with the limitations of Game Maker Studio, the development engine I used (the same one used for games like Home, Hyperlight Drifter, Hotline Miami, Undertale...) and the CPU of the Vita which clearly doesn't compare with a computer CPU.

The submission process was also quite tedious for a small indie like myself. But I'm really glad to have "mastered" it :) Releasing a game on a PlayStation console is a childhood dream!

Your enthusiasm has made this a day 1 purchase. Thanks for taking the time to get your game on Vita.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

That's awesome man. I will pick this up in support.

COWCAT

Neo Member
Thank you very much guys! :) I'm really glad to see the Vita players enthusiastic about it and I hope it won't disappoint!

The PC version pretty much released without anyone paying attention despite my efforts (which is pretty understandable considering the tons of releases on Steam), so it's a really nice change lol

The game is small to download (200 MB) so this is something you can keep on your memory card and play from time to time. I know the Vita cards are pretty small and expensive so this is something I took into consideration (and I needed to compress files to shorten the loading times anyway)

Fortunately it doesn't show and the game really looks great on the Vita screen. (The devkit has an OLED screen and it's so good compared to my PC monitor!)

So apparently this one completely slipped through the cracks as I haven't seen it mentioned anyway (and I try to keep up to date with Vita news, lol), but Starr Mazer is coming to Vita:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2016/06...se-on-ps4-vita-xbox-one-wii-u-3ds-and-mobile/

Partnership with Playism announced (which means it may actually release!) which switched from a previous partnership with Adult Swim Games (where it would never release for Vita, lol).

Side news, apparently Sony are teasing lots of Japanese game announcements at PSX:

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/793092359252619264

No idea if that's true or not. Hopefully some actual localization stuff and hopefully, at least a mention for Vita!

Saphirax

So apparently this one completely slipped through the cracks as I haven't seen it mentioned anyway (and I try to keep up to date with Vita news, lol), but Starr Mazer is coming to Vita:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2016/06...se-on-ps4-vita-xbox-one-wii-u-3ds-and-mobile/

Partnership with Playism announced (which means it may actually release!) which switched from a previous partnership with Adult Swim Games (where it would never release for Vita, lol).

Side news, apparently Sony are teasing lots of Japanese game announcements at PSX:

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/793092359252619264

No idea if that's true or not. Hopefully some actual localization stuff and hopefully, at least a mention for Vita!

The PSX news has me cautiously excited. Localizations and new games hopefully.

Please just announce NDRV3 for the West with a release date already

about to give up on Net High, YU-NO et al. at this point

Really not sure what kind of Japanese news to expect from PSX. But it's probably unnanounced PS4 games instead of PS4/Vita localizations. Those games are usually too small

Get ready for another bad attempt from Capcom to resurrect one of their dead franchises with Sony backing

Yu-No isn't even out yet, is it?

I wouldn't expect a NDRV3 announcement at PSX. Or before the PS4 versions of 1 & 2 release, for that matter.

Probably Yakuza 6 localization seeing how the last few PSX's have gone. Maybe Shenmue 1 & 2 HD port while they're at it.

Please Vita version Gio! :(

Shizuka

I think it's too soon to give up on Net High. YU-NO, though... PQube will probably give the SciADV titles preference and NISA chose poorly by localizing Psycho-Pass instead of any other 5pb title.

Finally finished off Uppers today. If this does ever get released outside of Japan I'd love it if they increase the difficulty of the beginning chapters, as its braindead easy for the first two chapters or so... Even in the later levels its fairly basic combat wise. I still enjoyed the game quite a bit though, the optional challenges you get in each stage are well worth doing - it adds an extra dimension of difficulty/challenge to the game (which is very welcome).
Also, there isn't that much variety in enemies, which is a pity as it just hammers home how reptitive the game is.

Saphirax

October is over, where's our Otome news?

I'm starting to think that tweet mistakenly had October instead of November. So uhh...anywhere from today until the end if the month? :(

Yu-No isn't even out yet, is it?

I wouldn't expect a NDRV3 announcement at PSX. Or before the PS4 versions of 1 & 2 release, for that matter.

Probably Yakuza 6 localization seeing how the last few PSX's have gone. Maybe Shenmue 1 & 2 HD port while they're at it.

Please Vita version Gio! :(

NDRV3 is probably going to get announced early next year at NISA's press conference.

PSX - Yakuza 6 and ports of FF games (ff9 most likely)?

Oh and NNK2 news.

Takao

Banned
how could you guys forget ancient snk games getting ports
that's like a gio gimme at this point

i can see valkyria azure getting announced for localization at psx

how could you guys forget ancient snk games getting ports
that's like a gio gimme at this point

i can see valkyria azure getting announced for localization at psx

Is Garou even going to release before PSX? Can't see them announcing yet another when the last one isn't even out yet.

With that said, he did another poll on Twitter recently which Samurai Shodown won I believe, so maybe we're getting V Special.

Valkyria is a good shout. Since it's (hopefully) 3PP getting involved just like they did with Yakuza, maybe there's hope for the Vita version too.

Didn't they announce a Tim Shafer remaster before the last Tim Shafer remaster they announced released?

Yeah, good point. They announced Full Throttle Remastered last PSX but Day of the Tentacle only released around March this year. So I guess it's not unprecedented.

Which reminds me, that's probably the last of the Tim Schafer remasters we're going to see since I don't think there's any more Lucasarts games he was involved in that we haven't gotten. I mean the Monkey Island stuff, but that's been remastered elsewhere.

I wonder where Gio will turn his attention now. In fact, I wonder if he'll even be allowed to announce Vita stuff this PSX. I hope so.

Saphirax

New Eu sale has a bunch of Japanese games including Psycho-pass, Meiq etc.

And here I thought I wouldn't be buying anything else this year with the exception of FFXV D:.

Yeah, good point. They announced Full Throttle Remastered last PSX but Day of the Tentacle only released around March this year. So I guess it's not unprecedented.

Which reminds me, that's probably the last of the Tim Schafer remasters we're going to see since I don't think there's any more Lucasarts games he was involved in that we haven't gotten. I mean the Monkey Island stuff, but that's been remastered elsewhere.

I wonder where Gio will turn his attention now. In fact, I wonder if he'll even be allowed to announce Vita stuff this PSX. I hope so.

I think Schafer has said they'll "probably" only do the stuff that he worked on at LucasArts, but never said no to working on other peoples games. I think to him it would feel weird making a "definitive version" of someone else's game. Though I would *LOVE* to see a Sam and Max, Fate of Atlantis, etc remaster.

Top Bottom