• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Velcro Fly

Guess I have some surveys to do in the next few weeks then

Wonder what kind of "exclusive" stuff they are going to have.

Maybe I should stock up on card cases :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, at least I got platinum.... they're only giving away digital games now right?
The Gold/Platinum rewards in April, yes. But they mentioned physical rewards for Feb. Granted, we don't know if they'll be NEW physical rewards or some leftovers they found.

Drago

I only have 30 coins right now, hah.

Could I still register a 3DS XL from June 2013 (the Animal Crossing one)? That plus some few straggler codes I haven't redeemed should give me a bit of coinage for whatever they put out next month

Rocky

Banned
Well, at least I got platinum.... they're only giving away digital games now right?

They said there would be new physical rewards for coins next month as well. However, I believe the Gold/Platinum status prizes will still be a choice from a selection of digital games.

Hey, since Nintendo is taking down CN and the DDP, what if they combine the two ideas into one?
Keep the silver, gold, and platinum idea from Club Nintendo. You achieve each the same way, buy and register digitally purchased games. Maybe earn more coins by sharing a link (once to avoid spamming). Each threshold yields bigger discounts.
Basic: no (less than 5%) credit back
Silver: 10% back (like fron the DDP)
Gold: 20%
Platinum: +30%
Sound cool?
Edit:
You could earn more points than normal if you pre purchase/preload a digital game and share a link for others to do the same.
This could increase digital sales greatly, make fans happy, would get people to promote your games, and would keep them answering surveys.

For transferring licenses of Wii VC games to Wii U VC games, is there some kind of self-service option of doing this through the console or under the registered games portion of the website? Or do you need to initiate a call to Nintendo support to go through this and pay the fee?

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, new to Club Nintendo and thus this thread and didn't see it in the OP.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm trying not to get excited but I'm hoping for something like PS+ where we pay a flat fee and get seriously good benefits. I'd also love a Netflix-style Virtual Console service that allowed me to play any retro game whenever I wanted.
This would ensure that I never spend money on the Virtual Console, instead of just rarely spending money on it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey, since Nintendo is taking down CN and the DDP, what if they combine the two ideas into one?
Keep the silver, gold, and platinum idea from Club Nintendo. You achieve each the same way, buy and register digitally purchased games. Maybe earn more coins by sharing a link (once to avoid spamming). Each threshold yields bigger discounts.
Sound cool?
Oh god, apply this to 3DS as well & I'd be all for this.

Hey speaking of 3DS, will registering the New 3DS XL still award points, considering EU will still get points if you register it before April 1st. I don't see anything on it for the US.

WAIT UNTIL FEBRUARY.

There is absolutely no reason to grab something now when all of it will be available in February along with the new content.

Kriken

Sound cool?

Combine this with a proper account system (Where I don't need a phone to transfer my account) and I'd go all digital

Well, I have 1150 coins. They better put up some nice rewards before the end. I'm hoping for
and will likely get crushed by the lack of
Fire Emblem and Xenoblade physical rewards. Before March 31, 2015 I will have purchased Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Code Name S.T.E.A.M. which will take me to platinum most likely (I only need 100 more coins).

Edit: I also just realized I never got a post-play survey for Fire Emblem on VC. Not sure why that is.

Weetrick

With the recent announcement of Mario vs DK being cross-buy, maybe this is the first step towards a new, single account based system.

Am I being naive?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well, I have 1150 coins. They better put up some nice rewards before the end. I'm hoping for
Fire Emblem and Xenoblade physical rewards. Before March 31, 2015 I will have purchased Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Code Name S.T.E.A.M. which will take me to platinum most likely (I only need 100 more coins).
Please note that products released after January 20, 2015 cannot be registered at Club Nintendo, and will not be eligible for surveys or Coins.
Um

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah crap, so that probably counts for eShop stuff as well. No coins for downloading Punch-Out Wii....

Also, my hopes for a CN-exclusive amiibo or 3DS themes are gone now. I would've gladly spent about 100 coins for a good-looking theme for my 3DS.

rhandino

Banned
Super Metroid? Super Punch Out? Excitebike? ALL OF THEM WILL BE MINE!

VW2Myk9.gif

---

Sad to see the program go tough since thanks to them I got Donkey Kong Country, Sakura Samurai and other good games... I hope that the new program is more akin to the DDP tough.

Experien

Edit: I also just realized I never got a post-play survey for Fire Emblem on VC. Not sure why that is.

Check your "View To-Do List." Wonder if you missed the product registry survey?

Ah crap, so that probably counts for eShop stuff as well. No coins for downloading Punch-Out Wii....

Also, my hopes for a CN-exclusive amiibo or 3DS themes are gone now. I would've gladly spent about 100 coins for a good-looking theme for my 3DS.

It's odd that they even bothered to give out points for Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Eiolon

So many good download selections this month. I'll wait until the very last minute to decide in case there is something good announced in February.

Grym

Hmmm...I'm at 985. I'm thinking I should probably buy something before February or I will miss out on a 1000 coin item that will sell out in 30 minutes next month....decisions...decisions....

Sapiens

Damn - I'm just going to register all the games I have left and get a couple of the cases.

How do we know something is coming in Feb?

Nintendo:

"we are going to add dozens of new rewards and downloadable games to help members clear out their Coin balances."

New rewards and downloadables. Doesn't this mean there will be new physical rewards?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have 480 coins. Was really hoping the new 3DS would come with a code so I could use that, along with some game codes, to push myself over the gold line.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo:

"we are going to add dozens of new rewards and downloadable games to help members clear out their Coin balances."

New rewards and downloadables. Doesn't this mean there will be new physical rewards?
"a limited quantity of exclusive reward items" sure sounds like physical rewards. Granted, could just be older rewards from the past, but we'll have to wait & see.

Edit: Aw crap, "products released after January 20, 2015 cannot be registered at Club Nintendo" translates to "You ain't getting coins for New 3DS XL". WTF, EU gets points for registering the handheld...

Nintendo:

I guess I'm just expecting their definition of new to be stuff we haven't seen on the store in a long time.

Top Bottom