• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US House votes to adopt AHCA (Republican health care); bill moves to Senate

C-_Td-BUIAA7cdh.jpg:large

So the Dems added the exemption for Congress?

wat

A couple of speakers ago said that the Dems put that in there to make the bill look bad. No-one called him on it, and the Dem guy just read some more statistics.

Edit: re-watched it, it was Pete Olsen? It's actually a bit vague. He talks about Dems, the Senate, Filibustering, and mushed it all together. Maybe he was talking about Rebub Senators? I don't know.

akileese

A couple of speakers ago said that the Dems put that in there to make the bill look bad. No-one called him on it, and the Dem guy just read some more statistics.

Except the author of the bill to exempt congress is literally a congresswoman from Arizona. She spoke like 10 minutes ago and was introduced by the congressman from Texas as "the author of the bill."

This will probably pass

Then the CBO score will come out and show how much crap it is. And all these R's in purple districts are going to get hammered for voting for something they didn't know what it is.

Or, CBO score comes out, they get hammered by their constituents when they go home, and feel like trump forced them to do something they didn't want, and never want to work with him again.

ultron87

God, the gap in continuous coverage surcharge part of this bill is fucking infuriating.

Oh, something happened where you were unable to afford coverage for a time? Good luck getting back to it, because it is more expensive now.

Thaedolus

Or let's look at all non-business filings since 1980. There's never been a sustained downwards trend. I wonder what could have happened in 2010 to change it.

Again I'm not shitting on the ACA, I had a problem with that particular graph. This one certainly solves the historical context issue I had

akileese

What the fuck is the R's obsession with page count? Why do they think putting less work into their bill is a good thing?

Because if the bill is shorter it's "easier to read". If it's longer, it's filled with confusing verbiage that is meant to screw with the constituents.

Not my words, but I'm guessing this is the logic.

It just feels like Congress is hoping instead of the President being the grownup in the room they are gambling now that the Senate will fill that spot.

elty

This will probably pass

Then the CBO score will come out and show how much crap it is. And all these R's in purple districts are going to get hammered for voting for something they didn't know what it is.

Or, CBO score comes out, they get hammered by their constituents when they go home, and feel like trump forced them to do something they didn't want, and never want to work with him again.

This will probably pass, CBO score will come out as predicted.

CBO will be gutted and deemed as fake news by Trump executive order.

Ourobolus

Banned
I will never understand this argument that "Obamacare caused people to lose insurance, so we want people to lose more?"

How is that a compelling argument

This will probably pass, CBO score will come out as predicted.

CBO will be gutted and deemed as fake news by Trump executive order.

Trump and the reds have a powerful disinformation machine.

This is all about checking off the box that they fulfilled a promise. They'll try to muddy the water as it concerns how bad the bill is. And a lot of people will be fooled.

Mental health treatment may no longer be required to be covered, no matter what insurance you have, in some states if this passes. That's just great for me. Maternity care and others also on the chopping block.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/little...ould-alter-employer-plans-1493890203?mod=e2tw

C--6ei1XsAAQlSw.jpg

Yeah I have type 1 diabetes and my sister has huge mental health issues (she is on medicaid) I am on an employer based plan she is royally fucked and I'm just normal fucked.

Trump and the reds have a powerful disinformation machine.

This is all about checking off the box that they fulfilled a promise. They'll try to muddy the water as it concerns how bad the bill is. And a lot of people will be fooled.

They didn't work out so well last time.

Bronx-Man

Banned
A reminder that if this abomination of a bill passes:
  • domestic violence
  • sexual assault
  • c-sections
  • post-partum depression
will all be considered pre-existing conditions.

Joeku

smisk

Mental health treatment may no longer be required to be covered, no matter what insurance you have, in some states if this passes. That's just great for me. Maternity care and others also on the chopping block.

Worst thing about this bill is how little it seems everyone knows about it. My mom is a therapist so that could definitely affect her if it happens here in VA.

Top Bottom