• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US House votes to adopt AHCA (Republican health care); bill moves to Senate

Thank God For Trolls
I'm pretty sure it was a shitty attempt at sarcasm, if it wasn't then yeah it's pretty gross.

Speaking of, diablos991, Bomb and others, where you guys at? I remember seeing some gaf trump supporters in the Clinton thread but they seem suspiciously absent in this one.

Game Guru

I'm going to go one further: blame every single voter who elected these people into office. Can we please stop letting the voters off the hook? Please?

Unfortunately, if you want to win elections, you can't blame the voters even if they are deplorable. Just ask both Romney and Clinton about that.

RedRum

Banned
Sad day for all.

It's still unnerving that some posts suggest that this bill is an automatic failure and won't make it into law. I think it is a bit delusional to think that anything, at this point, is impossible.

Ithil

Sad day for all.

It's still unnerving that some posts suggest that this bill is an automatic failure and won't make it into law. I think it is a bit delusional to think that anything, at this point, is impossible.

Senate has already said it won't vote before the CBO report comes out, which is going to shit all over this bill, and that they will draft a new one and vote on that anyway.

X5csXHJ.gif
It's almost like the pause at the end is like "what have I done"

But let's be real he don't give a fuck

I'm angry. It's too bad my district is already blue, because I want to unseat some Republicans because of this. Looks like I'll have to move...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I hope Paul Ryan chokes on his bud light tonight at their 'Fuck the Poor' kegger.

These mother fuckers are estatic about kiling Grandma Ruth and Baby Francis.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
When is the Republican circle jerk press conference in the Rose garden?

I can't wait to see them high five about killing my grandma.

Man, this place can be delusional.

How you can argue that this isn't a victory for the Trump administration is beyond me. Yeah, it's going to die in the Senate, or get wholesale changes, but Trump basically resurrected this bill by himself and whipped the votes.

The belief that he has no clout is clearly premature.

If a sports team is winning at halftime, but then loses the game, do you consider that successful?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
we'll always remember the time a bunch of poor white folks asked a bunch of rich white folks to take away their healthcare

I hope Paul Ryan chokes on his bud light tonight at their 'Fuck the Poor' kegger.

These mother fuckers are estatic about kiling Grandma Ruth and Baby Francis.
At least now they've got one less reason to "limit" protests if ol Nana Ruth is already dead before she's on the highway.

I'm pretty sure it was a shitty attempt at sarcasm, if it wasn't then yeah it's pretty gross.

Speaking of, diablos991, Bomb and others, where you guys at? I remember seeing some gaf trump supporters in the Clinton thread but they seem suspiciously absent in this one.

They know this bill is evil as fuck, they just don't care.

Maxim726X

If a sports team is winning at halftime, but then loses the game, do you consider that successful?

If that team was down after the first quarter, yes it's a victory.

They have a bill moving on. It will change quite a bit in the Senate, but this was all but left for dead by Ryan a few weeks ago. Trump and his administration pushed it through.

It's not likely it will be approved by the House once it is inevitably sent back, but it still could. That's a much better place then where they were a few weeks ago.

They know this bill is evil as fuck, they just don't care.
I can't wait to see em all pop up in the next thread about dems saying how we need to appeal to the poor white working class.

Despite ya know, the dem platform already doing that and poor white working class voters literally voting for their deaths.

KingV

None of those protests did shit. It was about as effective as a typical Facebook post.

Sadly, we don't have today's version of Martin Luther King, JFK, etc.

This is like wondering why segregation wasn't over one week after the march on Birmingham.

Persistence was a big reason the Civil Rights and Gay Rights movements were able to shift public policy and opinion. MLK was a big part of that obviously, butit was a sustained effort by thousands of people, not just because one guy gave some great speeches.

jacobeid

Banned
Or, because Diablos can't enter into these threads because his opinions/positions derail every fucking thread and he doesn't feel like getting banned anymore?

When your position is to support the passage of legislature that will kill millions of Americans, you should suffer a fate worse than a ban from a fucking video game forum.

Let the fuckers stay out.

Moofers

There are so many negative things about this bill that I can't keep track of them all. Is there a place that breaks it all down? I have family that is going through family planning right now and I'm wondering how this will impact them, as well as my wife and I if we decide to have children soon.

Top Bottom