• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US House votes to adopt AHCA (Republican health care); bill moves to Senate

Can they really pass this with a Senate majority? I thought the reconciliation thing was over?

They don't even have 50 votes in the Senate. The Medicaid change is a poison pill at the Senate level. It would destroy a lot of the R's state budgets and their Governors already have spoken out against this (many being R's themselves).

blackjaw

Well in two years when people lose their coverage and premiums go up 1000%...hope the people that vote yes can find a new job

Chumley

Banned
You guys are getting crazier every day.

Lmao no. There's nothing crazy about wanting the worst for every single person who put a vote in for Trump knowing full well what would happen if he's in office. They can all literally rot in hell for all I care, there's a reason I defriended the few fb Trump supporter acquaintances I had.

Question - I'm on Medicaid and I receive a lot of mental health care; is this going to immediately fuck me over? I know it's supposed to slash Medicaid and mental health funding doubly the first time around.

pigeon

Banned
I don't see why the plan isn't or shouldn't be to get whatever bill, no matter how shitty, past the House and then have backdoor guarantees that it will be filibustered in the Senate and never passed. Then Repubs in both houses can go "Damn Democrats" and move the fuck on.

I actually think this was and still is the plan all along but some Republicans in the House balked. Seems an obvious plan and just shows how Ryan can't whip shit.

It's hard for them to even pass a bill this shitty through the House. Taking a tough vote is way tougher when you know beforehand that there won't be any policy changes as a result of your vote. People will yell at you for voting to destroy healthcare and you can't even point to anything that happened because of your vote because the bill didn't pass.

Foffy

Banned
Well in two years when people lose their coverage and premiums go up 1000%...hope the people that vote yes can find a new job

Good luck; they'll likely only have their jobs for 5~ years before automation starts creating ruptures in the economy, if you want to entertain that it already isn't doing this.

The GOP is ignoring this is a thing, too.

Lmao no. There's nothing crazy about wanting the worst for every single person who put a vote in for Trump knowing full well what would happen if he's in office. They can all literally rot in hell for all I care, there's a reason I defriended the few fb Trump supporter acquaintances I had.
This forum has lost it

I don't understand why this is even happening again, didn't the budget come out and include ACA in it or something? If they agreed to that why are they still trying to get rid of it?

Boke1879

This forum has lost it

Nah not really.

I'm not the one voting on a bill that will literally fuck over millions of people and even killing some of them.

I'm not the one voting on a bill that says. This plan is good for you, but I'm exempt from it.

Sorry if I have little sympathy for those that put Trump and the GOP in office.

Keep worrying about what people on a fucking video game forum are saying rather than the people running this country actively trying to fuck over their citizens.

I don't understand why this is even happening again, didn't the budget come out and include ACA in it or something? If they agreed to that why are they still trying to get rid of it?
Because this the Republican party knows how to do.

8 years of Obama made the party basically the party of bluster, tantrums, and not actually accomplishing anything

Codeblue

That's a great closing line.

Yeah, I'm not sure their constituents care. They treat politics like a sporting event. They voted for a guy that campaigned on killing them because he was wearing their color.

I have no faith in Republicans ever voting in their interest even when their lives are on the line.

on one hand condemning trump voters to rot in hell is a bit much

on the other hand I won't be upset if they all lost their health insurance due to this and then faced deportation or discrimination based on their physical qualities and got sent to private prisons without parole for drug possession

it's not hell but it's what the rest of the country has had to worry about for the last several months soooo

pigeon

Banned
You guys are getting crazier every day.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to say that if this bill passes and it causes a bunch of unnecessary harm to Americans that hopefully the people who voted for Democrats in order to specifically prevent this from happening will be spared. After all, they voted to stop this. They clearly don't deserve it.

Unfortunately we have a two party system so that really only leaves Trump voters to be affected, right?

Boke1879

Not to mention this thing gives tax cuts to millionaires and congress is exempt from this.

A plan that fucks over the American people and congress exempts themselves from it. The GOP are fucking disgusting.

Couldn't disagree with you guys more. I think this is the time for me to leave here. This is getting ugly.

Are you fucking kidding me?

I might go fucking crazy and not have mental health treatment because of these motherfuckers. And you want me to feel sorry for them?

Fuck them! I hope they die first!

More Tax cuts for Trumps buddies

Because this the Republican party knows how to do.

8 years of Obama made the party basically the party of bluster, tantrums, and not actually accomplishing anything
But if they have it in the budget saying they'll let it be and then go back on it like a week later and try to get rid of it why was it even approved in the budget in the first place?

I mean I get why they want to get rid of it, I just don't get why they're doing this again after they already agreed to leave it alone.

Remember this is arguably a worse bill then the previous one that only had 17% approval...the previous one at least kept pre-existing conditions in some manner (just raised costs).

e_i

Wow, my Rep, Chris Smith, who is a Republican, is voting 'No.' No need to call then. My Senators are Dems, so no worries here.

IrishNinja

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/859938496668196864

New Whip Count as of 6:11 PM (PST)

No wonder the GOP are feeling confident.

ughhh, fuckin cowards

Republican women continue to play themselves.

always, in all ways

There is no way Republicans survive in 2018 right? This should be the last straw for people.

You underestimate how full of hate the US is and how uneducated it is.

and also how memories hold up by then, lots of shit could happen between now & that point..especailly with donny antagonizing enemies

Depends on many questions are on the purity test for dem representatives in 2018

god, also this

Top Bottom