• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Edmund will be kicking himself after that one. Let Shapovalov back into the match completely unnecessarily.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Edmund has got to fix these walkabouts, he can't just disappear for so many games against a good player like Shavopalov.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Good for Diego, proving Istanbul wasn't a fluke.

this slam

tenor.gif

tumblr_o39x2fzeQc1tk48vko1_400.gif

tenor.gif

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, looks like this is over for Edmund. Shame, could have been a good match, but another stroke of great luck for Shavopalov.

oti

Banned
Bummer. Could've been a great match and tournament for Edmund.

But the Canadian has got a killer attitude. Hopefully he'll stay healthy.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They have to change the calendar after this, this is just pathetic. Some sort of ungodly zombie slam. Whoever wins it will have to be known as the Champion**.

oti

Banned
BTW, what's up with the Tour Finals? Who's even attending at this point?

And does anybody actually care?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, what's up with the Tour Finals? Who's even attending at this point?

And does anybody actually care?

Nadal, Federer, Zverev, Thiem, Dimitrov, Cilic, Murray if he is back by then, then it's really open - currently Querrey.

Nadal and Federer will care since it might be part of the race for YE#1. Consequently, all the gloryhunters will care eventually.

Bigfoot

Nadal, Federer, Zverev, Thiem, Dimitrov, Cilic, Murray if he is back by then, then it's really open - currently Querrey.

Nadal and Federer will care since it might be part of the race for YE#1. Consequently, all the gloryhunters will care eventually.

That's still a pretty good list. The Tour Finals is my fav event after the slams.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That's still a pretty good list. The Tour Finals is my fav event after the slams.

Cilic, Dimitrov, and Querrey all in the same WTF.

"pretty good list"

Pick one.

oti

Banned

In case you missed it, Querrey is on the list.

Querrey.

Shouldn't you be cheering on Goerges right now?

You can't let Sakkari and Goerges take your energy at the same time

The Eurosport Player App is kinda buggy, so I'm staying on Arthur Ash now while playing Mario Rabbids.

Goerges, I don't know. I feel like there was a window for her to be Top 10 and she missed it. I know someone who played in the same club with her though. Not far from where I am.

oti

Banned
Serena had her baby girl.

The commentators are even speculating Venus is playing badly because of that. I don't like this sort of speculation. Stay on the court, please.

Sakkari's got the shots and the fitness. But she needs experience and a better eye for the situation at hand.

Respect to Schwartzman for completing the upset. Little guy having the season of his life and now into the last 16 of a Slam. He plays Pouille, winner to go against Carreno Busta or Shapovalov for a place in a slam Semi. This is the biggest draw collapse I can remember in a men's Slam by a distance.

sam777

Respect to Schwartzman for completing the upset. Little guy having the season of his life and now into the last 16 of a Slam. He plays Pouille, winner to go against Carreno Busta or Shapovalov for a place in a slam Semi. This is the biggest draw collapse I can remember in a men's Slam by a distance.

Yep, I mean it is great for those guys in the bottom half still left but it is ridiculous how all the top seeds in that side have folded.

Muguruza is currently the new number 1 but if Svitolina finishes better than her she'll take it back.

Venus can't get it anymore even if she wins.

Diamond

Yep, I mean it is great for those guys in the bottom half still left but it is ridiculous how all the top seeds in that side have folded.

I remember draws like that but it was pre-big four. Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray have been so consistent throughout the years, they maybe skewed our vision of consistency a little bit. In reality, before, even the best players often had missteps, even early in draws.

For instance, Australian Open 2002 (the year Johansson unexpectedly defeated Safin in the final) had one side of the draw with Jiri Novak-Stefan Koubek and Bjorkman-Johansson as QFs. At the time, the best of the four was Johansson who was only 16th seed.

Isner is so frustrating. It's like all he can do is serve and if his serve is off there's literally nothing else to fall back on.

Looks like a straight set sweep incoming.

Top Bottom