• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 4 (12/27/2016 - 01/02/2017)

Seems to be the right price for the Atari Flashback collections. As much as I love physical media, I couldn't bring myself to buy the discs with GCU knowing those suckers probably only take up a few megs. This is a better discount that GCU, so sure, why not.

Titanfall 2 is still on sale. If y'all were on the fence, well, I guess you've got a week.

edit: Anyone play Valley? I remember Jim Sterling gave it a pretty good review.

Cornbread78

Sony could give one fuck about the Vita. Not even their own first party games do they put on sale.

Been that way in NA/EU for awhile now brotha...

Nothing for me this week. I guess it's time to keep banking them PSN dollars for Neir or anything else next year.

EDIT:
Finally fucking diablo, I'll buy your stupid lootcrates for overwatch like I said blizzard-_-

Whelp, there goes $20, lol.

5taquitos

Anybody want to sell me on Witch and the Hundred Knight?

Looks like it could be a fun action RPG but the trailer on the PSN store shows three seconds of gameplay and a minute and a half of anime.

Just checked out some footage on YouTube, and it doesn't look promising at all.

Would have picked up Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, but picked up the PC version yesterday for $6.79 or so on Steam. One day to late. Still expensive at $20.99. Would have expect it to be on sale ages ago, I think this is the first sale price drop for the remaster right.

Abzu interest me, but knowing indie games on PSN, it will be a PSplus game in 2017, so can definitely wait on that.

Rymuth

Anybody want to sell me on Witch and the Hundred Knight?

Looks like it could be a fun action RPG but the trailer on the PSN store shows three seconds of gameplay and a minute and a half of anime.
Depends on your definition of fun and whether you mean story or gameplay.

Because the story can get pretty fucked up...

I'm looking at: -

•ABZÛ - $7.99
•INSIDE - $9.99
•LEGO® Marvel's Avengers - $15.99

How's Lego Marvel Avengers? I finished the story mode of Lego Marvel Superheroes with my daughter. Is this as great for kids?

So I have $10 left, should I get inside or axion verge?

Depends. Axiom Verge will last you longer (and get you a Vita port, if you have one), and it's not bad, apart from one sorta bullshit boss.

Inside is a stellar experience but it's fairly short.

In these cases I just go with whatever has the heavier discount/less likely to be discounted in the future. Both of these have been on sale before, so you should be OK with either.

I'm looking at: -

•ABZÛ - $7.99
•INSIDE - $9.99
•LEGO® Marvel's Avengers - $15.99

How's Lego Marvel Avengers? I finished the story mode of Lego Marvel Superheroes with my daughter. Is this as great for kids?

I got the Platinum and absolutely loved it. I haven't played a lot of the Lego games, but it's a fun super hero mashup game. Also great for kids and parents! Good couch co-op.

Gaspard

Last sweek of sales ends on a meh for me. The titles I would want I got for cheaper during the Black Friday sale.

I guess I'll pick up RE4 (for the third time) and Tomb Raider: DE

Changed my mind, getting just INSIDE cuz of all the hype here. Yay new experiences.

Steiner

Banned
Everyone buy INSIDE. GOTY Material.

How is Grand Kingdom? Thinkin bout that.

And how is the PS4 port of Kerbal?

Also pondering Trackmania.

Oh, if you like fighting games then you owe it to yourself to buy the best one of the year - King of Fighters XIV. There's a brand new demo on the store today that showcases the improved graphics being patched in January.

The Last Blade 2 is a solid port for $6, too, with crossbuy and crossplay.

Street Fighter V is good for $20, but I'd probably wait for another sale on the Deluxe edition which has the $30 season pass. It was $45 last time.

I got Grand Kingdom on my Vita a while back and made it through the tutorial and initial few missions. I really, really liked it. Combat is a fresh take on a traditional system, and the art direction and aesthetic really appealed to me. Music seemed pretty good, too. I just haven't had time to boot it up in months, as I can tell that it's a game you could easily sink hours into. If you're in need of a good strategy RPG I think it's a safe bet.

I also really loved Trackmania Turbo. I played it furiously for months, and then traded it in. At this price I think it's worth it. A straight up, skill-based, arcade racer that's all about getting that perfect run and shaving off milliseconds. You ALWAYS see where you stand compared to people playing locally and globally, so it makes you feel like you're constantly breaking records while at the same time aiming for something more.
The track editor is also really robust, but I didn't play many good user-created tracks on PS4. The PC community is probably more active with that, but who knows, some time has passed so maybe that's changed.

Got Wolfenstein TNO and The Evil Within DLC.
Each DLC is more than 5gb. How such a flawed looking game like TEW takes so much storage space is beyond me.

Anywho, I've had Odinsphere and Valkyria Chronicles on my wishlist forever, but I really think they should be cheaper by now. They still seem pretty expensive. I guess I'll keep waiting.

EDIT: holy crap, I just saw that Odinsphere is still full price on Amazon and GameStop. Can't even get it for less than $50 on EBay.
That's weird.

jf DOOM

Looks like ending the year with

Inside
Unravel
Layers of Fear
The Park
Valley
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

I think I've purchased 30 games through the holiday sale.

Kill3r7

Witcher 3 Complete Edition for $25 is a GREAT deal

Ditto.

If you have somehow managed to miss playing this gem. Make sure to pick it up. There are easily over 100+ hours worth of fun to be had. Even if you have reservations about the combat system the story and side quests warrant a play through.

I'm tempted to buy The Witness but I've never played a game like that before, I'm not sure if I'll like it.

Inside is for sure getting bought.

Alucrid

Banned
huh. i kept thinking "man, none of these sales have games i want." then i looked at the ps4 games out and saw that there actually aren't any i want right now

Top Bottom