• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 4 (12/27/2016 - 01/02/2017)

Odin Sphere and Valkyrie Chronicles kinda interest me. But I already own VC on PS3 and never got into PS2 version of OS. I've had $60 sitting in psn wallet for a week for Last Guardian and had better follow my gut and pick that up. Was thinking it might be in sale today but I've heard such great things about it that I have no problem paying full.

Freeman76

I have 10 dollars and no PS+ which sucks. Do they do 48 hour promo codes across the pond? I used the free trial you get through the online storage section already.

kevin1025

Banned
I know Homefront wasn't reviewed very well, but honestly, how is it? Worth the $15?

I played it during the free weekend on Steam. It's okay. At that price I would say it might be worth it, but only if you're super interested. It's not horribly special, and isn't particularly good, but I'd say it's serviceable as an open world urban shooter.

Bl@de

Damn. I have 11,01 in my wallet (10$ gift coupon from Sony) and everything good is 11,99. The Old Blood would be great because the german version is censored or has to be bought via VPN. Don't want to lose the money (only valid until the 31st) even if this is my extra US account for games that are not available in Germany. And I also don't want to buy an 10$ PSN card :(

Hiltz

I just got Titanfall 2 yesterday, but it's still not finished downloading. I heard good things about Inside.

Can someone recommend me their top 3 favorite indie games?

CHC

Hows Abzu? Its more of an experience than a game right? My wife loves anything and everything about the ocean so it seemed like a great spectacle for her.

Yeah it's about Journey-level in terms of how "gamey" it is. Great game nevertheless though and I certainly would not have wanted anything more challenging or interactive than what it was. Absolutely worth the six dollars or whatever it is and really quite a beautiful series of environments it ushers you through. Great for fans of, well..... the ocean.

Picked up Talos Principle, really trying to decide whether I also want to throw down $20 on The Witness right now or wait for a cheaper sale price at a later date...

Kilvin

Some pretty good stuff, but I'm cutting back on what I buy so probably nothing.

I'm kind of tempted to get Trackmania Turbo so maybe....

CLBridges

Thinking about picking up a few on that list. Heard good things about Witcher and Diablo, gonna wait a few days to decide.

My 2017 resolution is to spend way less and save all I can manage. These games might be my sendoff to 2016.

Camjo-Z

I knew Jackbox Party Pack 3 would go on sale right after I bought it, but whatever. At least it was a hit at the holiday gathering.

Might pick up KoF 2000, personally. Maybe Jackbox 2. Anyone know if it was any good? I have the first, and my family loves playing it.

Worth it for Quiplash alone, and the rest of the games are decent aside from Bidiots which kind of sucks. The third game also has Quiplash and some other great games, again with one stinker (Tee KO).

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I really shouldn't get anything since I'm addicted to Stardew Valley and have Dying Light and Enter the Gungeon just added to the backlog... and The Old Hunters...

but I'm rather tempted by Tharsis and Inside at those prices.

Talos Principle for 7.50 is really tempting
That's a steal for an amazing game.

How is Kerbel Space? It seems interesting to me but I tried to get into it on my pc and it was clunky. It's not a gaming pc so maybe it would be better on PS4.

CHC

How is the PS4 Witcher 3 in comparison with the PC version?

Get it on PC if you have a decent rig (GTX 970 or better, let's say). Nothing wrong with PS4, per se, but it runs really well on PC and can look quite spectacular at above 1080p.

Everyone buy INSIDE. GOTY Material.

How is Grand Kingdom? Thinkin bout that.

And how is the PS4 port of Kerbal?

Also pondering Trackmania.

Oh, if you like fighting games then you owe it to yourself to buy the best one of the year - King of Fighters XIV. There's a brand new demo on the store today that showcases the improved graphics being patched in January.

The Last Blade 2 is a solid port for $6, too, with crossbuy and crossplay.

Street Fighter V is good for $20, but I'd probably wait for another sale on the Deluxe edition which has the $30 season pass. It was $45 last time.

Trackmania is incredibly fun. I doubt the online population is the same as it was at launch, but there was something about you and 50-60 other players wildly careening around player-made courses, watching everyone slowly get better at each turn and shave seconds off their time. It's also a relentlessly positive online experience (the only chat is done by pressing L3, and amounts to everyone wishing each other good luck at the start, welcoming new players, and thanking everyone at the end of the match). It's one of my top ten of the year, for sure.

There are a ton of trial courses for single player, too, that have a real Super Meat Boy quality to 'em. They're frustrating and a pain in the ass, but addictive.

Can't recommend it enough.

(That said, I heard less-than-good things about the console ports of Kerbal, at least around launch. They may have turned it around since then, but it sounds like PC is still the way to go.)

Inside and Virginia for sure. Considering The Witness, but I'm concerned that I'll need to clone myself to find the time to finish all these. Also...maze puzzles...?

Top Bottom