• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 4 (12/27/2016 - 01/02/2017)

StarPhlox

Finally Watch_Dogs 1! Been waiting to try this since I love the second so much.

Contemplating The Witness at $20 and Abzu at $8, but not sure....

etrain911

Get it on PC if you have a decent rig (GTX 970 or better, let's say). Nothing wrong with PS4, per se, but it runs really well on PC and can look quite spectacular at above 1080p.

I only have a 770 so it may make sense to go PS4 and pick it up on PC sometime later.

hydruxo

Inside and Virginia for sure. Considering The Witness, but I'm concerned that I'll need to clone myself to find the time to finish all these. Also...maze puzzles...?

Yeah there's a section with maze puzzles. They're fun though, one of my favorite sections in the game.

HotHamBoy

I got Grand Kingdom on my Vita a while back and made it through the tutorial and initial few missions. I really, really liked it. Combat is a fresh take on a traditional system, and the art direction and aesthetic really appealed to me. Music seemed pretty good, too. I just haven't had time to boot it up in months, as I can tell that it's a game you could easily sink hours into. If you're in need of a good strategy RPG I think it's a safe bet.

I also really loved Trackmania Turbo. I played it furiously for months, and then traded it in. At this price I think it's worth it. A straight up, skill-based, arcade racer that's all about getting that perfect run and shaving off milliseconds. You ALWAYS see where you stand compared to people playing locally and globally, so it makes you feel like you're constantly breaking records while at the same time aiming for something more.
The track editor is also really robust, but I didn't play many good user-created tracks on PS4. The PC community is probably more active with that, but who knows, some time has passed so maybe that's changed.

See, I'm worried my Grand Kingdom experience will mirror yours.

Why do you think you didn't make time to play it over other games"

I highly recommend playing Odin Sphere.

I really want it on Vita. It's weird that they have only been putting either the PS4 OR the Vita version of multiplatform games on sale these last couple months. They never used to do that, if the game was on both systems then both versions were on sale. Pretty much always.

Odin's Sphere would be a must buy if I didn't already have it on PS2. Will still wait on it.

Evil Within DLC looks hot at that price

Maybe buy Resident Evil 4 for the 6th time or maybe buy RE0 again, just to have the entire series digitally.

Not a massive fan, but puzzles are fun. I guess I really like the aesthetic of the Witness.

Inside is also getting rave reviews though. They're both different games but I think I'll go with Inside for now...

Smart choice. Witness's aesthetic is very nice, but it's basically just a hardcore puzzle game. The puzzles are great, but if you're not super into puzzles for puzzle's sake it won't really be a satisfying experience.

Inside is an amazingly atmospheric, tension filled cinematic platoformer with perfect wordless storybook-esque narrative. It's a GOTY candidate for me for sure.

HotHamBoy

Odin's Sphere would be a must buy if I didn't already have it on PS2. Will still wait on it.

Evil Within DLC looks hot at that price

Maybe buy Resident Evil 4 for the 6th time or maybe buy RE0 again, just to have the entire series digitally.

The new version is a night and day experience. Try the demo.

No transistor or infamous on sale :(

Transistor is $2.99 on iOS!

What is the best package, Atari Flashback Classics Volume 1 or 2?

If you don't know just from looking then don't bother. Atari games have aged terribly compared to the arcade originals, which have also aged terribly.

I think there's maybe 5 games made before 1985 that I could play for more than 5 minutes. One is Ms. Pac Man.

And I sure as hell wouldn't play Pac Man on Atari. I wouldn't play Pac Man on a NES.

Opa-Pa

Odin Sphere is basically a remake of the original and it improves so much on it, it's nuts. Everyone slightly interested should definitely get it (unless you're waiting for the Vita version).

I got INSIDE, myself and I'm debating if I should get Unravel, but I think I heard it's just okay as a platformer? Looks pretty and emotional, but I'm not sure that's enough. Maybe Tharsis?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
In for Inside.

Uh... I'm awfully tempted by The Witcher 3, but my backlog is already so deep!! I don't think I can justify adding anything unless it's $10 or less...

HotHamBoy

I'm really close to buying Estival Versus on PS4. Against my better judgement. I know it's complete trash.

Some one who played it, talk me out of it (or justify it).

Uh... I'm awfully tempted by The Witcher 3, but my backlog is already so deep!! I don't think I can justify adding anything unless it's $10 or less...

Easily in my Top Five for the gen.

But it will be on sale again and you are gonna want to set aside about 200 hours for it.

GhostBed

Damn, how can I turn down The Withcer at that price? Didn't want to spend much more but I might have to get that and Unravel.

Oooh and Ray Gigant is apparently on sale, had my eye on that for a while.

catspit

maybe wait then.. its a 100+ hour game and can be daunting if you have a huge backlog giving you pressure

I should add.. its an amazing game, for a great value.. forget about any mediocre game in your backlog and just play this and enjoy.

Ended up buying Witness, Inside, Unravel and Virginia.

All for $40, which is pretty damn good. Especially since I got the $10 from Sony.

maybe wait then.. its a 100+ hour game and can be daunting if you have a huge backlog giving you pressure

I should add.. its an amazing game, for a great value.. forget about any mediocre game in your backlog and just play this and enjoy.

Easily in my Top Five for the gen.

But it will be on sale again and you are gonna want to set aside about 200 hours for it.

Thanks! I appreciate the support in denying myself an impulse buy for an epic game. Can't wait to clear out some of these other games!

Wow, hell of a week for me and my friends. Diablo 3, Dirt Rally, Wolfenstein + Old Blood, Witcher 3 complete, Inside, Titanfall 2, Rainbow Six complete, The Division. Sweet!

ngower

Virginia is tempting but it's been on sale before so I might just hold off a bit longer as my backlog is already plenty big.

plidex

I had been waiting on a discount for Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, I have a lot of games but it's so different than everything I play that I have to make some room for it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Got me some Abzu. Looking forward to a Journey underwater, if ya know what I'm saying.

Top Bottom