• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 4 (12/27/2016 - 01/02/2017)

HotHamBoy

Guys that did Limbo so yeah but its awesome,if you liked Limbo dont hesitate.

It's much, much better than Limbo.

So I just acquainted myself with the Trackmania demo. Shit, this game is pretty fun. The online is a blast.

I already caved and bought Grand Kingdom, though.

Still morbidly drawn to Senran Kagura PS4 even though I know it's gotta be hot garbage. I really like Samurai Warriors 4 on Vita and One Piece PW3 on PS4 just as fun games to fuck around in and not think too much about, but they are already dangerously close to being too shallow.

SKEV is worse than those games, right? Probably not even worth $20 yeah? The novelty seems amusing. Like, so stupid you can't help but laugh. I'm not sure how people could sincerely see this as erotic, they look like plastic blowup dolls and they all have the exact same body and face, just with different hair and busts. It looks really fucking dumb but like, hilarious.

It would not be hilarious to buy it and realize it's actually pretty boring and dodgy.

Also how is Here They Lie?
Really, really bad, apparently.

An-Det

Son of a bitch, I bought Diablo 3 PS4 digital literally yesterday on the PSN store. My disc kept giving me read errors so I had to, but still, that timing suuucks in retrospect.

Oh well, solid price on Inside, gonna get that out of the way since that's so acclaimed.

HotHamBoy

Son of a bitch, I bought Diablo 3 PS4 digital literally yesterday on the PSN store. My disc kept giving me read errors so I had to, but still, that timing suuucks in retrospect.

Oh well, solid price on Inside, gonna get that out of the way since that's so acclaimed.

I never buy PSN games on a Monday.

Everyone getting Inside, set some quite time aside and wear headphones.

Mrbob

•Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Complete Edition – $69.99, $59.99
•Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Gold Edition – $57.59, $49.59

So whats the difference between these? Do you not get the season 1 content with the Year 2 gold edition?

So whats the difference between these? Do you not get the season 1 content with the Year 2 gold edition?

I think that's the case. They took the Season One pass off PSN a week or two ago, so you're either in all the way, or just for the S2 content. Doesn't make sense, but oh well.

Even so, you can grind the operators out with the in-game currency. Plunking down for that $60 complete version will get you instant access to all of the DLC characters, with just the base game operators left to unlock.

cchum

The base game is also bundled with the Division right now for 69, if that game interests you.

Edit: Think it's just the base games, so probably not.

bender

What time is it?
if you did everything you should be sufficiently leveled to tackle the expansions. IIRC if you start just blood and wine it auto levels you up to 30 (not sure about this).

I guess vanilla saves don't carry over to the complete edition. I'm not sure I'd be down for an auto-leveled character either.

Mrbob

I might just get the complete pack then if I get the season 1 operators right away.

The base game is also bundled with the Division right now for 69, if that game interests you.

Does that include the season passes? To be honest I'm only in bundles now that include the season pass since they seem so integral to the content you get with each game.

I've heard a lot of people have luck at getting credit when they talk to CSR through chat or phone.

I'm aware of the general plot but not individual set pieces.

edit: Odin Sphere is horrible. At least on PS2. Would never get that.

It's worth playing even if you know the story and ending. Love those reload animations.

And Odin Sphere is so unlike the original in looks and feel, it's like a whole new game practically.

D-Man

Thinking about grabbing Abzu and I am Setsuna. Is the latter any good? I've been interested in it for a little while.

Hmmm thinking about picking up The Witness. How difficult is it? I like puzzle games, but not when they get insanely difficult. But everything about this game has intrigued me.

RexNovis

Banned
Talos Principal for less than 8$?!?!?! Wowwww! I've never seen the game on sale for less than $25. Anyone who is even a mild fan of puzzle games should be all over that. One of my absolute favorite games this gen.

Hmmm thinking about picking up The Witness. How difficult is it? I like puzzle games, but not when they get insanely difficult. But everything about this game has intrigued me.

Have you played Talos Principal yet? Cause if you like puzzle games that is a definite buy at $8. I actually enjoyed it way more than I did The Witness

Gorillaz

Wow uncharted 4 really did slip through the holidays

Druckmann obviously threatened yosh on some cement boots old school mafia shit for this to happen

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Playdead deserves your money.

Think of it as buying a ticket to see a fantastic four-five hour movie.

Well, you convinced me. Ill give it a go as soon as I finish Last Guardian.

jblank83

Wow uncharted 4 really did slip through the holidays

Druckmann obviously threatened yosh on some cement boots old school mafia shit for this to happen

Digital, maybe, but it was on sale at retail multiple times.

I bought it from newegg for $28.50 shipped.

StereoVsn

It's worth playing even if you know the story and ending. Love those reload animations.

And Odin Sphere is so unlike the original in looks and feel, it's like a whole new game practically.
Remastered Odin Sphere is pretty damn amazing. It flows 100x better vs PS2. Updated art is also very good. I have it on Vita and I am highly considering the PS4 version

Strongly recommend witness and talos principle. Fantastic puzzle games.

I also recommend tricky towers, tetris with physics and its super fun for parties (4 players). There is an amazing puzzle mode where you try to balance pieces on a platform

I will always recommend rainbow 6. Year 2 edition will be a great investment

hongcha

I bought:

Witcher 3
I am Setsuna
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
Star Ocean 5
Abzu
The Talos Principle.

Total with a $10 1-month PS+ subscription (just to get the extra discounts): $113.23. Not bad.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wonder if I should get RE5 or 6 instead of 4. I own 4 so many times and I feel like a coop game would be fun. At the same time, RE4 is so clearly the best.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I wonder if I should get RE5 or 6 instead of 4. I own 4 so many times and I feel like a coop game would be fun. At the same time, RE4 is so clearly the best.

Use the money to buy something new you haven't played before Capcoms never gonna stop rereleasing these games

Shizuka

Just got The Last Blade 2 and Three Fourths Home. I'm done with Vita games for the year, I've become a full-fledged collector at this point.

Kyrios

Stop being a peasant and buy it.

giphy.gif

I almost bought R&C and Infamous: Second Son because they weren't on sale and $20 seems reasonable for each, but I held back and stopped by Gamestop first. R&C was $9.99 new and Second Son was $19.99, but I had a coupon for $15 off any item so my total for both was $13 and change. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how it was under $15, but it was. Some discount for their Powerup Pro membership?

vato_loco

INCREDIBLE week. I got Valkyria Chronicles Remaster, Odin Sphere, The Talos Principle and Senran Kagura. My wallet's in pain but my heart is happy.

And my backlog is getting bigger and bigger...

I almost bought R&C and Infamous: Second Son because they weren't on sale and $20 seems reasonable for each, but I held back and stopped by Gamestop first. R&C was $9.99 new and Second Son was $19.99, but I had a coupon for $15 off any item so my total for both was $13 and change. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how it was under $15, but it was. Some discount for their Powerup Pro membership?
Nah, R&C has been $9.99 at retailers for a while now.

bluehat9

Inside and The Witness for me. I was just asking about The Witness last thread and thought I missed out on a sale on it this year, lol.

DigSCCP

Its such a shame that Witcher 3 regular edition saves dont work with the Complete Edition.
I dont wanna play the game all over again but at the time dont wanna pay more by getting the regular edition + DLCs.

Its such a shame that Witcher 3 regular edition saves dont work with the Complete Edition.
I dont wanna play the game all over again but at the time dont wanna pay more by getting the regular edition + DLCs.

Yup, really frustrating the way they implemented it. Seems very backwards thinking for such a fan service-oriented dev too.

Top Bottom