• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 4 (12/27/2016 - 01/02/2017)

sinkfla87

I may get Here They Lie if I can stop being a pussy and actually play through a VR horror game. But quick question, how is the online for Last Blade? Is the community active? I love LB2 but I don't want to buy it and have nobody to play with :(.

RedAssedApe

Banned
is TWD Michionne any good or is it same old TWD/TTG? games seem like they might be getting a little stale just like the show.

HotHamBoy

I may get Here They Lie if I can stop being a pussy and actually play through a VR horror game. But quick question, how is the online for Last Blade? Is the community active? I love LB2 but I don't want to buy it and have nobody to play with :(.

Here They Lie was prominently featured in Jim Sterling's Top 10 Shittiest Games Of The Year. In addition to being a bad game, he said it made him feel physically ill every time he played it, to the point where he couldn't finish it.

Last Blade 2 has online but there's certainly no community. Still worth $6!

My issue with the original game was that combat was really repetitive and level designs were nonexistent (well, they were circular), and I really dislike crafting. I can't imagine they totally rebuilt the game away from that, but if so, wow. They should have made it a sequel.

Combat is totally redone and is much more nuanced with deep combo systems. New enemy layouts, improvements to crafting.

Can't really make a sequel reusing the exact same assets, though.

bender

What time is it?
So are the two Witcher 3 expansions worth starting over for? I did almost everything in the base game and losing all that progress might be too much to bear.

RedAssedApe

Banned
decided to not buy anything during these sales this year. the stuff on my wishlist (mostly indie stuff) will get cheaper and i'm still buying aaa physical due to selling back games and them being cheaper.

Oh man, Inside double-dip gonna happen for sure. Already got the game on XB1 and beat it but just sold my XB1 off and no longer have access to that copy and I legitimately think I wanna play through it again.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So are the two Witcher 3 expansions worth starting over for? I did almost everything in the base game and losing all that progress might be too much to bear.

if you did everything you should be sufficiently leveled to tackle the expansions. IIRC if you start just blood and wine it auto levels you up to 30 (not sure about this).

sinkfla87

Here They Lie was prominently featured in Jim Sterling's Top 10 Shittiest Games Of The Year. In addition to being a bad game, he said it made him feel physically ill every time he played it, to the point where he couldn't finish it.

Last Blade 2 has online but there's certainly no community. Still worth $6!

Jeeeeeeeesus well that answers that haha. Thanks. I played the demo for about 10 minutes before I wimped out. I got a $20 PSN card for Christmas and want to make it worth my while and not waste it on a bad purchase.

HotHamBoy

Jeeeeeeeesus well that answers that haha. Thanks. I played the demo for about 10 minutes before I wimped out. I got a $20 PSN card for Christmas and want to make it worth my while and not waste it on a bad purchase.

My recommendations for $20 (from the sale)

Inside - one of the best games this year, but short
Valkyria Chronicles - brilliant and unique strategy game
The Last Blade 2 - One of the best NeoGeo fighters and probably the best port outside of the Dreamcast version
Wolfenstein: The New Order - One of the best Single Player FPS campaigns I've played in years
The Witness - My friend can't stop gushing about it and neither can most people who have played it. I'm not big on puzzle games but you might be
The Talos Principle - See above
Trackmania Turbo - another one I can't personally voiche for but everyone says it's great and it has a ton of content with the track editor. Might get it myself, actually.
Street Fighter v - it's not as good as KOF XIV, IMO, but it's a good fighter for $20
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - First Tomb Raider game I've ever enjoyed, looks beautiful too
The Witcher 3 - 200 hours of some of the finest WRPG I've played this decade.
Diablo 3 - Really fun dungeon crawler, especially with friends, local or online, though it can be a bit repetitive. Endless content.

If you are looking for a VR game I think Gunjack is pretty decent for $10.

Zen Pinball is a great VR experience, endless replay value (it's pinball!) no fear of motion sickness. $15 + additional tables (All the DLC is good)

MikeyMike

Will grab Inside... althought it's probably gonna be a PS+ game soon.

What's up with Costume Quest PS3 never being on sale? It's both about Haloween and Christmas.

bisoner

Neo Member
Ah I gotcha. Well as someone else mentioned you can start the DLC with an auto leveled Geralt.

It seems my vanilla Steam saves work perfectly with my GOG Witcher 3 GOTY edition. It loaded my final Steam save when I loaded the GOG version and announced that the expansions were available and the suggested level I needed to be.

Qwark

In for Inside and Abzu, heard pretty good things about both. Tempted on Unravel, but I think I'll just check it out in EA Access or wait for it to hit PS+.

MaKTaiL

Too bad The Division Gold Edition isn't discounted either. My interest in the game spiked when I saw the Survivor DLC. No way I'm paying $49,99 for a Season Pass.

Yeah, probably important to join in and reiterate that KOF 2000 is a PS2 to PS4 port, warts and all. So on top of being slightly censored (Mai and blood, obviously, but also Whip's gun, among a few other things), it's got slightly less lag than the Metal Slug Anthology PS2 to PS4 port has (which is to say - still too much).

As another poster said - go for The Last Blade 2, or KOF XIV. Or both, really.

cyress8

Banned
•Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness – $41.99, $23.99

Why is it still so high in price?!? Reviewed poorly and should normally be 19.99 at this point in time. I want to get it just because I'm a Star Ocean fan but I don't have PS+. :(

rulerk1

Are my eyes deceiving me? Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 deluxe editions for the price of 1,
For 50 something dollars?

I got 40 bucks to spend

I don't know how to spend them.

I don't have psn and I was hoping for a good metal gear v deal or the new tomb raider, and street fighter for 30 is to much,no?

sinkfla87

My recommendations for $20 (from the sale)

Inside - one of the best games this year, but short
Valkyria Chronicles - brilliant and unique strategy game
The Last Blade 2 - One of the best NeoGeo fighters and probably the best port outside of the Dreamcast version
Wolfenstein: The New Order - One of the best Single Player FPS campaigns I've played in years
The Witness - My friend can't stop gushing about it and neither can most people who have played it. I'm not big on puzzle games but you might be
The Talos Principle - See above
Trackmania Turbo - another one I can't personally voiche for but everyone says it's great and it has a ton of content with the track editor. Might get it myself, actually.
Street Fighter v - it's not as good as KOF XIV, IMO, but it's a good fighter for $20
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - First Tomb Raider game I've ever enjoyed, looks beautiful too
The Witcher 3 - 200 hours of some of the finest WRPG I've played this decade.
Diablo 3 - Really fun dungeon crawler, especially with friends, local or online, though it can be a bit repetitive. Endless content.

If you are looking for a VR game I think Gunjack is pretty decent for $10.

Zen Pinball is a great VR experience, endless replay value (it's pinball!) no fear of motion sickness. $15 + additional tables (All the DLC is good)

Thank you so much for the help and recommendations! I think I might jump on Last Blade and possibly Witcher then. I've already got KOFXIV and SFV, with the latter definitely not being as fun as the former like you said. How is the Old Blood? I have the new order and enjoyed it but never got around to completing it :(.

Ricker

Bah...might get Abzu and Unravel,the big games prices,even though they are cheaper then normal,still seem too high for us poor Canadians ;)

Mathieran

Banned
A couple games in tempted to get but I think I'm only gonna get Abzu. My backlog is growing a bit long and I think it's gonna take a long time to get through. Been playing Skyrim since Thanksgiving and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I expect some of the other games will drop in price more by the time I clear my backlog +Horizon in late Feb.

psyfi

Banned
I'm picking up a PS4 in a few days, is there any way I can take advantage of this sale before it's over? I created a Sony account and made a PSN name, is that enough? I don't have a console connected to my account yet.

Dominator

Everyone get The Talos Principle. I played it about a year ago and it was such an awesome puzzler. Really loved it.

I'm picking up a PS4 in a few days, is there any way I can take advantage of this sale before it's over? I created a Sony account and made a PSN name, is that enough? I don't have a console connected to my account yet.
The sale is until next Tuesday so if you get it before then you're good. If not just buy the games off the PS store webpage online.

cchum

Buy online and download later from internet. As long as you are getting one, it'll be fine to buy now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Would I be right to assume that Odin Sphere isn't as endlessly replayable as Dragon's Crown? My favorite thing about DC is just how replay-friendly it is, with the endless dungeon and 255 level cap that were patched in post-release.

You can buy them from the store on the Playstation webpage. They will be on your console when you hook it up.

•Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness – $41.99, $23.99

Why is it still so high in price?!? Reviewed poorly and should normally be 19.99 at this point in time. I want to get it just because I'm a Star Ocean fan but I don't have PS+. :(
Don't. I bought it full price and I'm a huge SO fan, and I regret buying it a lot.

Top Bottom