• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 4 (12/27/2016 - 01/02/2017)

Picked up Titanfall 2 and Hitman yesterday for $30 each and just now grabbed The Evil Within for $10. Btw, TF2 looks and plays so much better on my Pro compared to my XBO it's disgusting, sorry but I had to mention it. Also anyone who doesn't own The Evil Within should get it, it's right up there with Until Dawn as a seriously underrated horror gem of this gen that got forgotten.

cchum

Picked up Titanfall 2 and Hitman yesterday for $30 each and just now grabbed The Evil Within for $10. Btw, TF2 looks and plays so much better on my Pro compared to my XBO it's disgusting, sorry but I had to mention it. Also anyone who doesn't own The Evil Within should get it, it's right up there with Until Dawn as a seriously underrated horror gem of this gen.

True story.

Also, will not buy RE4 and RE5
will not buy RE4 and RE5
will not buy RE4 and RE5
will not buy RE4 and RE5....

sense

True story.

Also, will not buy RE4 and RE5
will not buy RE4 and RE5
will not buy RE4 and RE5
will not buy RE4 and RE5....

will not buy RE4 and RE5.
will not buy RE4 and RE5.
will buy RE4 and not RE5...
will buy RE4 and not RE5...
will buy RE4 and probably RE5...

will buy RE4, RE5 and what the heck RE6 :)

And I bought Diablo 3 for 30 bucks at GS on saturday. Shit.

Ah well. Nothing for me from the list. Wish they put The Wolf Among Us on sale to finally grab that one.

Rymuth

They don't deserve money for that shit, don't reward their shoddy garbage.

Buy it used if you have to.

(For the record, both games made Jim Sterling's 10 Shittiest GOTY.)
Right, I remember but he hated the bugs most of all (not the story or the gameplay) so I was wondering if they patched it out properly

Why do I even bother checking the Vita deals at this point?
Because we're gluttons for punishment

autoduelist

Talos principle is great, we'll worth that price.

I'd recommend skipping Homefront. It's just not a very good experience overall. It's open world shooter that just isn't very engaging. I convinced mysel that I wanted to play an open world shooter and bought it on sale a few months ago but wish I hadn't.

Gethe the wolfensteins instead.

Grand kingdom demo was dfantastic, grabbing that

tootie923

The Evil Within Digital Bundle is a great deal also. I loved the Kidman and Executioner DLCs, a really well done season pass. Anyway, I'm picking up Michonne, Virginia, and maybe Valley (opinions on this?). I think I might wait on The Witness, because The Talos Principle made me feel like an idiot.

Picked up Titanfall 2 and Hitman yesterday for $30 each and just now grabbed The Evil Within for $10. Btw, TF2 looks and plays so much better on my Pro compared to my XBO it's disgusting, sorry but I had to mention it. Also anyone who doesn't own The Evil Within should get it, it's right up there with Until Dawn as a seriously underrated horror gem of this gen that got forgotten.

How is Virginia on PS4? I've heard enough about the game to be intrigued. Is performance good? I assume it's a couple of hours long

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I feel like I should get Resident Evil 4 because why not...

Should you get inside even if you've been spoiled? Like is it mechanically satisfying?

Should you get inside even if you've been spoiled? Like is it mechanically satisfying?

Spoiled as in just the ending? Or the entire thing. I think a lot of the moments throughout the game are better playing than the ending.

TripOpt55

Got Inside, Unravel, and Virginia. All games I was hoping to nab before year was over. These last two weeks of this sale treated me great.

bender

What time is it?
My Cart:

-Inside - Didn't care for or finish Limbo but the price is right but I'm curious what all the buzz is about.
-Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition - Curious about the DLC and traded away my physical copy after completing.
-Kerbal Space Program - Sounds like a new developer was recently hired to fix the console ports.
-Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - Not a great discount but it never goes on sale.
-Odin Sphere Leifhrasir - Never spent much time with the PS2 version.
-Titanfall 2 - Was tempted last week and this seems like fate.

decisions, decisions. This order will probably finish filling up my 1TB drive.

Alright, how's Abzu?

Wonderful. It has less emotional impact than Journey but if you liked that game, you'll enjoy this one.

Ralemont

not me
My Cart:

-Inside - Didn't care for or finish Limbo but the price is right but I'm curious what all the buzz is about. The price is right.
-Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition - Curious about the DLC and traded away my physical copy after completing.
-Kerbal Space Program - Sounds like a new developer was recently hired to fix the console ports.
-Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - Not a great discount but it never goes on sale.
-Odin Sphere Leifhrasir - Never spent much time with the PS2 version.
-Titanfall 2 - Was tempted last week and this seems like fate.

I don't think vanilla Witcher 3 saves work with Complete Edition, fwiw.

Azriell

A lot of people asking about Valley. I played through it a few months ago, it's OK. It's pretty good as a discounted title that's a little rough around the edges. Running through open spaces and jumping (using the slope of the terrain for speed) is really fun. Platforming is pretty good. The game is pretty floaty and aim feels a little sluggish (PS4), but it's good enough for these applications. There are occasionally light environmental puzzles to solve, these are OK. The further in the game you go, the less the game utilizes open areas and the more it focuses on buildings, which is major misstep imo. The story is pretty neat although I tuned out halfway through.

I'm going to pick up Virginia and am considering Inside (although I thought Limbo was only ok)

Fbh

"This is the last time I spend money on games this year" - Me buying Rise of the Tomb Raider 2 weeks ago on this sale

"Oh look... Inside is just $10. I have to get this" - me today

Y2Kev

Spoiled as in just the ending? Or the entire thing. I think a lot of the moments throughout the game are better playing than the ending.

I'm aware of the general plot but not individual set pieces.

edit: Odin Sphere is horrible. At least on PS2. Would never get that.

Jocund

The game is worth experiencing yourself, even if you know what happens. The puzzle mechanics are fine. They're not super exceptional or anything but a couple of them have clever solutions.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
edit: Odin Sphere is horrible. At least on PS2. Would never get that.

Leifthrasir is a complete remake and fixes many of the issues the original had.

tootie923

Thanks for the write-up, I think I'll wait on this one. I do like the look of the gameplay videos on Youtube. Anyone who's played Unravel, are there severe difficulty spikes in the game?

A lot of people asking about Valley. I played through it a few months ago, it's OK. It's pretty good as a discounted title that's a little rough around the edges. Running through open spaces and jumping (using the slope of the terrain for speed) is really fun. Platforming is pretty good. The game is pretty floaty and aim feels a little sluggish (PS4), but it's good enough for these applications. There are occasionally light environmental puzzles to solve, these are OK. The further in the game you go, the less the game utilizes open areas and the more it focuses on buildings, which is major misstep imo. The story is pretty neat although I tuned out halfway through.

I'm going to pick up Virginia and am considering Inside (although I thought Limbo was only ok)

bender

What time is it?
Don't listen to him, he is basing his opinion on a dramatically different version of the game. There's a demo, try it for yourself.

That's a good idea.

For those interested in Kerbal, check out this thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com...00-console-patches-update-discussion/&page=18

Sounds like the console version went from bad to worse (one of the later patches regularly erased your saves) and the development team who did the ports was fired. It seems like there is commitment to make things right but there are no time frames.

Y2Kev

My issue with the original game was that combat was really repetitive and level designs were nonexistent (well, they were circular), and I really dislike crafting. I can't imagine they totally rebuilt the game away from that, but if so, wow. They should have made it a sequel.

Top Bottom