• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles II |OT| Grind to get school credits which won't get anyone a job!

3 more days! man I can't wait, I fucking LOVED valkyria chronicles :D.

btw OT question but how good is disegea 1? was thinking about copping that as well. I'm not entirely onboard with strategy games yet but I do love ff tactics and VC.

tim.mbp said:
There's a good chance of a deal happening soon at Kmart. The KmartGamer thread at CAG says $15 off on 9/5. Other M has a $20 off deal too.
Really? Thanks. I hope this is legit. I'm going to keep my eye out for this!

But the problem is, I don't know if I can wait until Sept. 5! :lol

The wait right now is excruciating enough!

SlickVic

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Really? Thanks. I hope this is legit. I'm going to keep my eye out for this!

But the problem is, I don't know if I can wait until Sept. 5! :lol

The wait right now is excruciating enough!

It is definitely legit. Only question is how many local Kmart's actually get stock of this game. Though I hear you can PM a guy named "SHC Stock Boy" on CheapAssGamer forums who works for Kmart and can tell you how many copies of a game are at a given store.

Quixzlizx

ezekial45 said:
I'm sorry, but in the OP it says that there are 35+ different classes (Scout, Sniper, etc).
Is that correct?

I can't confirm that number, but it includes promotions and specializations. It's not like there are 35 classes you can start with.

Suzuki Yu

Ikkarus said:
Well I live in the UK, is that still far far away? D:

Would be good to hear your opinions on it when you play it.

pretty far actually .

about the game , so far i played a little .. about 2 hours

everything seems positive as you would be expected from a sequel .
but i can say from now that i fucking hate Avan's Laugh "ah haha ah hahahaa" -___-

mileS

Great OP! Not sure if I'm getting this right away because I need to stop slackin' and hunt down a copy of the first game.

Clocian-IGN said:
3 more days! man I can't wait, I fucking LOVED valkyria chronicles :D.

btw OT question but how good is disegea 1? was thinking about copping that as well. I'm not entirely onboard with strategy games yet but I do love ff tactics and VC.
Disgaea is great! a classic for a reason; it will eat your life! :lol but if you really liked VC, I would strongly suggest Jean d'Arc on the PSP - very similar in art and story style, and Jean d'Arc is an excellent SRPG as well, though not as deep as Disgaea...

JKTrix said:
Just finished the first game after having it pretty much since launch. I'm ready for this one now!
I'm only on Chapter 15!! I gotta marathon through to the end tonight... :lol

Ferga

PSP game overload at the moment :lol

Finished persona last week and now im playing Ys7.

Now i need to play this

then

Kingdom hearts :lol :lol

How the hell am i going to do this:lol

aw man! This game is gonna sell less units than VC1... but damn definitely gonna buy it. SUPPORT GALLIA!!!

At least they're not committing suicide like VC1 by releasing it on the busiest month of the year.

I wish the buzz around this was louder - I want me some hope that VC2 might get atleast half-decent sales... but the day before launch and the GAF |OT| is quiet as a church mouse? Not a good sign, methinks...

Paznos

Not really surprising the interest doesn't seem that high but I loved the first game and will be getting the 2nd probably next week, just got Ys 7 and want to finish that first.

Giolon

Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
I wish the buzz around this was louder - I want me some hope that VC2 might get atleast half-decent sales... but the day before launch and the GAF |OT| is quiet as a church mouse? Not a good sign, methinks...
Given the choices SEGA's made for the game (choosing a platform that's basically dead outside Japan, switching to generic animu style, moving the game to a high school setting, etc.) coupled with the fact that very few reviews have been released, very few previews have even been published, and the community blitz week info isn't hugely substantial, is it really surprising?

I'm definitely excited to pick it up tomorrow (and I still hate that guy who got it over the weekend), but I can't blame the general gaming populace (or even the GAF populace) for not being terribly hyped on this game. It has a lot to live up to, and many people think it was headed in the wrong direction from the start. I'm ready to get my hands on it and form my own opinion.

Suzuki Yu

Giolon said:
I'm definitely excited to pick it up tomorrow (and I still hate that guy who got it over the weekend), but I can't blame the general gaming populace (or even the GAF populace) for not being terribly hyped on this game. It has a lot to live up to, and many people think it was headed in the wrong direction from the start. I'm ready to get my hands on it and form my own opinion.

pls don't hate me ;_;

Hamblasto

Oh, I'm excited for VCII's launch. It's just that I don't really have much to say in regard to getting to pick up the game this week.

As for the game being on the PSP, I've never really been bothered by the switch. From what I've been hearing about the game, the gameplay tweaks have mostly worked out for the better (still waiting to hear whether or not scouts will be one-man armies like in VCI). For me, things like story and graphics can always take a back seat to how a game plays. Don't get me wrong. I'll definitely miss the story, characters and gorgeous graphics from the first game, and I hope that the sequel can at least be decent in all of those categories, but as long as VCII keeps the BLiTZ system, I'll be content.

Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
Definitely sad. I'm so amped it's pathetic. Valkyria Chronicles is one of those games that I really want a PS3 for and am still in awe that they brought it over to the PSP in any form. I'm going to be a mess tomorrow until the PS store updates.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Got the magical SMS from GS; tomorrow afternoon is the magical day. I'm somewhat confident that the preorder DLC codes have to be activated at the counter at the time of purchase and should show up on your receipt; not on a separate voucher. Keep that in mind if picking up GS preorders this week.

daoster

Giolon said:
Given the choices SEGA's made for the game (choosing a platform that's basically dead outside Japan, switching to generic animu style, moving the game to a high school setting, etc.) coupled with the fact that very few reviews have been released, very few previews have even been published, and the community blitz week info isn't hugely substantial, is it really surprising?

Maybe I'm missing something, but was VC anything but generic animu style? Not that I had a problem with it (which is why I don't have a problem with VC2), but VC1 was pretty...animu

Giolon

SlickVic said:
For those interested, IGN review is up.
Thanks for the link, it's been added to the OP. VC1 spoiler in this review, btw.

daoster said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but was VC anything but generic animu style? Not that I had a problem with it (which is why I don't have a problem with VC2), but VC1 was pretty...animu
Take a look at the artistry of VC1, then take a look at the "artistry" of VC2 and get back to me.
-----------------------------------------------

UGH this is everything I *didn't* wan't in my VC2 sequel: Let's compare boob sizes! Great job hitting those animu tropes, SEGA!

Spiegel

Giolon said:
/valkyria2_gmp_boobtalk2_83010.html"]Let's compare boob sizes![/URL] Great job hitting those animu tropes, SEGA!

Selvaria-Figure-GAF-icon.jpg

Despera

Banned
Just read the IGN review and everything seems good to me. The bit about the story being predictable was kinda... predictable.

Hopefully this entry does well enough so the series returns to the PS3.

Giolon

@Spiegel quoting my avatar: I've always said that Selvaria's character design would have been better off w/o the torpedo tits, but that doesn't instantly make Selvaria a bad character (plus I give SEGA props for at least keeping her covered up and a mostly practical military outfit. She doesn't even appear in the beach scene). You can go search for my posts in earlier VC2 and the VC1 threads if you like.

Nobody's ever giggling and comparing boob sizes in VC1, either (DLC notwithstanding).

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Didn't know this was coming out so soon. Day one! haven't touched my PSP since MGS PW.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
TheChaos said:
I wanna play this but have 5.00 M33-6. Will I be able to run the disc or am I up shit's creek? =/
Install 5.50 Gen-D3.
Install Prometheus CFW patch v4.
Profit.

Preordered this. Just like Persona 3, this will be a game I buy on console then don't actually invest any serious time into until I rebuy on PSP.

I think I can only do RPGs on portables now...

Top Bottom