• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

In picture form

B2IW7EeIAAACmyX.jpg:large

Is this meaningful ? I mean, how many copies did FM15 sell, exactly ?

REFSV7J.jpg

i think this is it? is there anyone missing?

im hype for this game. i've been waiting to play since i saw trailers in some E3 back loads of years ago.

i played it here in some store but only the first chapter. im hype for tomorrow.
I'm missing still and asked a couple pages back :(

Kumubou

Steam top sellers is revenue based, ValkChron has overtaken Football Manager 2015 to hit 4th place. Valk Chron = $18, FBM 2015 = $50.

Earlier today Sports Interactive's Miles Jacobson said FBM 2015 was the fastest selling title in the series since Sports Interactive gained access to live stats, whenever that was? Either way, this can only mean good things.
Seeing this hurts my brain... in a good way. I can't imagine anyone expected the game to do as well as it has. It's basically selling like a new AAA release in prime season for them.

Your CPU? Yeah sure. With that GPU though I think you're about five years behind the curve on GPUs though.
Durante's article had him running the game on an Intel HD4000 at ~45 FPS at 720P. The GPU is hardly ideal but it'll probably work and be playable -- this game might run on an actual toaster.

Mesoian

Seeing this hurts my brain... in a good way. I can't imagine anyone expected the game to do as well as it has. It's basically selling like a new AAA release in prime season for them.

Durante's article had him running the game on an Intel HD4000 at ~45 FPS at 720P. The GPU is hardly ideal but it'll probably work and be playable -- this game might run on an actual toaster.

To be fair, we have been telling Sega that we will buy their games on PC for YEARS! YEARS! They've finally decided to listen and, low and behold, the game is selling. Crazy.

Yakuza 5 next Sega.

This game was truly amazing when I played it on PS3 and definitely one of my favourite games last gen. And now with Achievements it should have even more fun. Having said that...

Made by a team comprising many former Skies of Arcadia developers.

... please... puh-leeeeeeeeeease!!! Please please please!!! Please bring Skies of Arcadia to PC somehow. Just please! I don't care if it's got the old assets and visuals, I just want that game in my Steam collection and able to be played with the 360 controller. All of my please!

In picture form

B2IW7EeIAAACmyX.jpg:large

Holy shiiiet! I didn't expect that!

Bayonetta and Vanquish time?

He was also given a cease and desist letter from SEGA and the developers to not make any doujins of this game. Internet rage!
Well screw that! The legal department should respect Nonaka's choices for outside contributors. He's not pulling what Ishikawa did at Capcom though.

After this, Skies of Arcadia HD based on Legends with Dreamcast/highest-quality music might actually happen. Gotta stress the Overworks/SEGA WOW connection between these two games.

To be fair, we have been telling Sega that we will buy their games on PC for YEARS! YEARS! They've finally decided to listen and, low and behold, the game is selling. Crazy.

Yakuza 5 next Sega.

Sonic Boom is what they want to sell next.

You know what to do, PCVCGAF!

Skux

I do think this will run on a toaster. It's not a technically demanding game. And if Durante is knocking out 40fps at 720p on Intel HD4000 then laptop graphics cards will be fine.

I'm actually surprised there's not more Alicias on that Hype Tank.

Yakuza 5 next Sega.

I bought some of the Genny classics, too. PC == Money for J-pubs.

Shengar

Kr4hfLu.jpg

is anyone still missing?

i just wonder how football manager can actually be fun.
Statistic and spreadsheets is fun.
The coaching and tactical aspect is what makes FM popular for soccer lover.The game basically fulfill their wish to become armchair coach

i just wonder how football manager can actually be fun.

If you're into Football it can be amazing to feel like a managing prodigy, knowing how great players, managers, chairmen, etc, are idolised by the media and fans alike over here in the UK. When you get a team who aren't that great up a league or win a cup for them, it is a nice feeling.

Having said that, I haven't played for years. This was the GOAT version of that franchise (and from when it previously had a different name):

msF4pQJ.jpg

(And the date should tell you I'm going back a little here. God, I feel old.)

epmode

Valkyria's success means that Sega will capitalize on the newfound fame of the game's cast. ..so Skies of Arcadia PC is obviously next.

At the very least I hope for an official VC3 localization (And PC port, of course!) as a follow up to this. I mean, the good sales of this are the greatest ammunition the people looking for VC3 have ever had.

TaroYamada

It's important to note that for valkyria to surpass fm2015 in revenue that would require approximately 2.8 copies of valk sold for every copy of fm2015. Given the price difference.

Hmm - One thing I want to note: There's no Extras menu visible in the PC version's main-menu from what I see. Will it simply not show up unless the DLCs are installed, or have they been folded into the New Game option?

Well, my gaming PC is now connected directly to HDMI2 on my Sony 65X900A 4K Ultra HDTV. My GTX 680 should have no issues holding a constant capped 3840 x 2160 at 60fps if Durante's analysis is correct (GTX 770 = GTX 680 roughly), I am go for Valkyria Chronicles in 4K!!

Top Bottom