• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

TaroYamada

I really want to play this so I'm actually going to bed early to get up at 10 AM and then play it. Maybe. I need to go to Home Depot tomorrow before work.

Whoever set the trend that games should come out on tuesday should honestly be fired....

baterism

Maaaaan, I was so looking forward to this, and then realized I was region-locked-out....is this thing coming to Steam Japan!? I want to play it so bad ;__;

Isn't GMG key ROW (reg-free)? I think some gaffer in Japan has able to got it somehow.

Phii

Banned
You PC-gamers have had an amazing year so far, Trails in the Sky and now Valkyria Chronicles. I'm getting this game again to show support.

dani_dc

Isn't GMG key ROW (reg-free)? I think some gaffer in Japan has able to got it somehow.

That or GetGamesGo incase GMG is locked in your country.
Worst comes to worst you could try asking someone on GAF to gift you via steam and you paypal back.

You PC-gamers have had an amazing year so far, Trails in the Sky and now Valkyria Chronicles. I'm getting this again.

MGR too, even if it isn't that late of a port.

7j7YJVN.jpg

ok im retiring for tonight, but if anyone else wants to come in, just tell me and i'll add you as soon as i get up

dont tell anyone. im skipping college classes tomorrow because of this game.

I don't see Black Dynamite in there. Count me in as well!

I am unreasonably excited to replay this game. I always struggled with sRPGs for years until this game which kind of broke the barrier for me. Something about the way it framed itself sort of like a third person action game made me better understand the battlefield in a spacial awareness type of way, with clear sightlines and somewhat realistic military arms. It was a great experience five years ago and I fully expect it to hold up today.

Lime

You PC-gamers have had an amazing year so far, Trails in the Sky and now Valkyria Chronicles. I'm getting this game again to show support.

Don't forget we got Tie Fighter and Sam n Max on GOG as well.

Life am good.

baterism

Another 11 hours, heh. I remember few months back when VC PC was just another crazy talk. I can wait another few hours.

I can't

This was the first good PS3 game I played after picking the MGS4 bundle. I never got around to finishing the Selvaria DLC so I'm looking forward to that. This game is gonna look so nice with some AA

Indeed, seeing Valkyria at position 3 in the US:

LoxvyCk.png

The move seems more to do with Assassin's Creed having vanished from the ranking, though.

tauke

Game will unlock at 2am for my timezone. Guess will play it tomorrow instead.

At least I'm already done preloading!

Bought and preloaded! I like turn based strategy games, and I've heard a lot of good stuff about this one. Glad I'm getting the chance to play this as I don't have a PS3. The release is just in time too, as I'm just finishing up ghost recon shadow wars for the 3DS.

That'll be one hype train ticket please.

Reposting this because there's probably a lot of gamers new to VC here.

You can find some VC guides here, should apply to the PC version since the content is identical.

Basically, any kind of challenge run you can think of is possible in VC. People have done all kinds of crazy things, so don't be afraid to experiment.

It's imbalanced and easy if you scout/order rush and you miss out on a lot of mechanics and level design.

If you find it too easy try killing all leaders, tanks, and aces on the map in addition to an A rank. You get bonus points so it's part of the level scoring on top of getting an A rank.

Ultimadrago

I wonder what Valkyria's Badges will look like. I hope they're slick so I can work towards getting them (at least the Foil. Level 5 too if it looks nice enough).

Durante

If you find it too easy try killing all leaders, tanks, and aces on the map in addition to an S rank. You get bonus points so it's part of the level scoring on top of getting an S rank.
Don't try to get an S rank, try to get an A rank. Take it from someone who tried to get an S rank for almost an hour on PS3 before finding out that there are no S ranks in the English version :p

Hastati

That or GetGamesGo incase GMG is locked in your country.
Worst comes to worst you could try asking someone on GAF to gift you via steam and you paypal back.

MGR too, even if it isn't that late of a port.

Thanks a bunch for this info, I'll give it a try!! Really appreciate it.

dani_dc

Thanks a bunch for this info, I'll give it a try!! Really appreciate it.

Hope you can get it :)

7j7YJVN.jpg

ok im retiring for tonight, but if anyone else wants to come in, just tell me and i'll add you as soon as i get up

dont tell anyone. im skipping college classes tomorrow because of this game.

I'd pretty much like to get there as well.

I wonder what Valkyria's Badges will look like. I hope they're slick so I can work towards getting them (at least the Foil. Level 5 too if it looks nice enough).

I'll probably be waiting for a few sales before doing the badge so the card prices (hopefully) go down, I imagine the price for a badge this early on will be way too much.

Soodanim

I have had such a casual approach to this port so far. I played the demo on PS3 a long time ago, and although I liked it I didn't buy it. Then I read that Sega were porting, so I pre-ordered (my first on Steam) to show support and help encourage more ports, like Vanquish (that's the dream). Today I clicked on the thread to confirm whether today is the unlock date or not, and I read Durante's article. I couldn't be more pleased that my pre-order has turned out to be a good one. If only more PC ports were this good (from the sound of things). Let's hope for more of the same.

Schlomo

The PC version, no. If you want the original Japanese text you must import a Japanese PS3 copy. (Which isn't region-locked, so.)

I already have it for PS3, but I really hope this port will come out one day in Japan. With all the care that went into this, it's kind of ridiculous not to include the original script...

Don't try to get an S rank, try to get an A rank. Take it from someone who tried to get an S rank for almost an hour on PS3 before finding out that there are no S ranks in the English version :p
You got me. Although it would be interesting if there were S ranks above A, since most missions can be cleared in 1 turn.

I already have it for PS3, but I really hope this port will come out one day in Japan. Kind of ridiculous not to include the original script...

It's been pretty explicitly produced for foreign consumption, although one has to imagine getting the J-script back in there couldn't be THAT big a challenge, comparatively. Sadly, right now the PC version is locked out of even purchases in Japan. It may have something to do with dumb corporate politics between Sega America and Sega Japan, depending on who commissioned the port.

Anyway, to continue to build hype:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYEUg1V8aVE

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
I bought this game for PS3 back when it was released, but never got around to playing it. Purchased the superior PC version yesterday and will try it out tonight. Looking forward to it!

Schlomo

It's been pretty explicitly produced for foreign consumption, although one has to imagine getting the J-script back in there couldn't be THAT big a challenge, comparatively.

See, Durante? There's something to fix for you after all!
For the benefit of the 2 people who care about this.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I have no time to play this right now, but I still grabbed it from GMG yesterday. Gotta support Sega killing it with a PC port.

I know very little about it, other than it being a turn-based strategy game (which I love).

Top Bottom