• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

Chariot

Is it normal that the edges of everything looks so nervous during cutscenes? If not, what can I do better? I tried to change between 59hz and 60 hz, but it didn't do anything. Game looks very good, but this just bugs me during the sequences.

gngf123

Maybe it's expecting a bit too much, but they could have done a slightly better job of the menus.

Everything else seems to be good to go. I'll enjoy playing this when I get home.

Korten

Banned
Thoughts thus far...

1. I love how the characters act WAAAAY more mature than their anime counter parts.
2. Runs really well.
3. I like how they emulated the PS3 game save screen for well the save screen.

KiraFA37

Hey guys what happened in this thread when I was asleep? Oh I see.

U9TU3Vq.jpg

here it is, if you're missing and want to hop aboard let me know!

We're gunna need a bigger train-cannon-tank.

UaHAs43.jpg

we just got another tank

ALL ABOARD!

Eh guys?

7j7YJVN.jpg

ok im retiring for tonight, but if anyone else wants to come in, just tell me and i'll add you as soon as i get up

dont tell anyone. im skipping college classes tomorrow because of this game.

That escalated quickly... VC is unpacking here maybe I'll play a mission.. shouldn't really... screw you deadline :(

Is the game in 16:9? Having black bars at top and bottom.

Yes, arbitrary resolution but only a 16:9 aspect ratio is supported.

So god damn it's everything I ever hoped it would be.

The lack of mouse support for specifically the book menus is weird as hell but whatever. The battle controls are pitch perfect and everything I wanted all the way back when I first played it on the PS3.

This is an amazing port and everyone should run out and buy it right goddamn now. It's everything we hoped it would be, and it looks great even if you DON'T downsample.

Is the game in 16:9? Having black bars at top and bottom.

That is another tiny graphics quibble; although there are resolution options for 16:10, the actual game will still be 16:9 because all the assets were designed for this resolution (being a console game), and redoing all the assets for 16:10 was not on the cards.

Full Hype Tank Train Brigade rather than a single unit!

13 mins until it finishes unpacking. Not too bad. What's bad is that I have been afflicted with a terrible curse called "work" so, yeah, won't be playing this any time soon :(

Glad SEGA is happy with the reactions. And this is a so called "animu" game, right? Bring in the Vanquish and such and reactions are perhaps going to be even stronger. I mean, missile barrages, punching giant robots to death, dashing/boosting, etc.

Anyway, good to see this topping the charts and I hope it stays that way for a while!

Meanwhile, FFXIII got a 16mb patch, lol.

Uthred

Game seems fun and looks lovely. I'm having performance problems on the title screen for whatever reason, downsampling from 3200x1800 on a GTX660. The in-game performance seems flawless so that's throwing me off a bit. Anyone else seeing this? Specifically, GeDoSaTo reports the FPS going down from 60 to ~50 there (for whatever reason it feels a bit more sluggish than that, too).

Same thing here, main menu is glacially slow with GeDoSaTo enabled, ~20 FPS to be exact

CmdBash

Think its a bug but when I shoot the guns the shot and impact sounds are very muted and squeaky. When I headshot someone it sounds like I stepped on a rubber ducky.

Peff

Woah, performance really is impressive. I can still barely believe this is actually happening in front of me, haha.

Having some low sound issues in combat, and aiming sensitivity with a controller is nuts, it also seems to start moving in the reverse direction when slowly tilting the thumbstick. Not sure if this is a gedesato issue, the game, or ds4tool.

Oh and when downscaling part of my desktop is in the upper right corner of my second monitor, looks like it might do with the way the game fullscreens.

Getting 110-120 FPS in game downscaling from 3840x2160 though, it's pretty nice.

Woah, performance really is impressive. I can still barely believe this is actually happening in front of me, haha.

You are not kidding, I just finished unpacking and fired this up at 1080p and I'm getting 60fps locked, strong and continuously. Gorgeous game. Daaaaaamn, I want to play more but duty calls :(

TaroYamada

Everybody loves it everybody also works, Tuesday confirmed worse release day of all time. Unless the intention is to keep the hype train going for another 8 hours whilst you work.

Durante

Game seems fun and looks lovely. I'm having performance problems on the title screen for whatever reason, downsampling from 3200x1800 on a GTX660. The in-game performance seems flawless so that's throwing me off a bit. Anyone else seeing this? Specifically, GeDoSaTo reports the FPS going down from 60 to ~50 there (for whatever reason it feels a bit more sluggish than that, too).
The title screen is the most GPU-heavy part of the game.

(Takes the "couldn't render the title screen" joke to a whole new level, doesn't it?)

Peff

Having some low sound issues in combat, and aiming sensitivity with a controller is nuts, it also seems to start moving in the reverse direction when slowly tilting the thumbstick. Not sure if this is a gedesato issue, the game, or ds4tool.

Oh and when downscaling part of my desktop is in the upper right corner of my second monitor, looks like it might do with the way the game fullscreens.

Getting 110-120 FPS in game downscaling from 3840x2160 though, it's pretty nice.

Use the D-pad when you need to make small adjustments, it worked that way on PS3 as well.

You are not kidding, I just finished unpacking and fired this up at 1080p and I'm getting 60fps locked, strong and continuously. Gorgeous game. Daaaaaamn, I want to play more but duty calls :(

The performance is great. Downsampling from 4K on my 970/3570k, locked at 60fps. It could go higher but the IQ is already ridiculous. Can't wait to really get into it, only ever played it for a few hours on PS3.

thematic

is it just me or the art in this game makes 1080p a little blur than other games?

I played 1st Battle, and the images while not as bad as the FMV, it felt a little blurry

maybe I'll try GeDoSaTo later

peakish

The title screen is the most GPU-heavy part of the game.

(Takes the "couldn't render the title screen" joke to a whole new level, doesn't it?)
Oh, well, that sure is ... something. I disabled Vsync which seems to make it more responsive at least. I'm starting to crave a Gsync monitor now...

Edit: Off to work, will play more tonight. Alicia so far is less fan service-y than I feared, all's well in paradise (or faux Europe) right now.

TaroYamada

Hey folks, I just sent out a petition update about the launch, with a link to the steam store page.

I think it's unlikely but I'd love to see this game hit #1 :)

Durante

Use the D-pad when you need to make small adjustments, it worked that way on PS3 as well.
Or just use a mouse, which can make both large and small adjustments very quickly :p

(Seriously, I the aiming is far quicker on PC with a mouse than I remember it being on PS3)

Hey folks, I just sent out a petition update about the launch, with a link to the steam store page.

I think it's unlikely but I'd love to see this game hit #1 :)

#2 is very feasible. #1 is going to be difficult because that will involve toppling Assassin's Creed from its perch, but... maybe.

(Seriously, I the aiming is far quicker on PC with a mouse than I remember it being on PS3)

This game begged for mouse aiming. I am over the moon about how great the mouse-aim feels in this.

tauke

I keep getting "VC Launcher has stopped working" message even after restarting Steam.

Going to verify the cache and see if that solves the problem.

any way to remove the borders?

The sketch borders? No, they're an integral part of the art style. The whole point is that it looks like a watercolor painting from a WW1/WW2 book.

Sound is all kinds of messed up in combat, like it's missing a channel.

It actually sounds like there's some kind of glitch with audio position when the camera changes position to killcam. I didn't notice audio issues in combat otherwise, but when Welks sniped his first dude, for example, I noticed it sounded like his "attacking" audio was playing as though the camera was "listening" from the position of the killcam.

The sketch borders? No, they're an integral part of the art style. The whole point is that it looks like a watercolor painting from a WW1/WW2 book.

It actually sounds like there's some kind of glitch with audio position when the camera changes position to killcam. I didn't notice audio issues in combat otherwise, but when Welks sniped his first dude, for example, I noticed it sounded like his "attacking" audio was playing as though the camera was "listening" from the position of the killcam.

I messed with my audio settings and the volume is where it should be now. but the samples themselves sound super tinny, if it wasn't for the music being so clear I'd be worried that I had blown my speakers or something for how bad it sounds.

xBladeM6x

Anyone else having an issue with the SFX being extremely low compared to the music? The audio seems to be very inconsistent. :eek:

TaroYamada

#2 is very feasible. #1 is going to be difficult because that will involve toppling Assassin's Creed from its perch, but... maybe.

This game begged for mouse aiming. I am over the moon about how great the mouse-aim feels in this.

Like I say, unrealistic but a boy can dream.

Shengar

Ok, AssCreed, now you're just cheating.

http://i.minus.com/jb0SlZeD0bSN3n.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Not even here where Ubisoft being asshole stopped them from cheating
[QUOTE][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53561352/Screenshot/Games/Screenshot%202014-11-11%2018.03.13.png
Seriously, can't you just let Sega have the day for once? D:

Crub

I am actually really enjoying this. Such a beutiful game! Would have never given it a proper chance on PS3.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Kinda bummed it unlocked early, 10am pacific was perfect since it would be 4pm here and I'd be almost leaving work. :p I'll just pretend it's still unreleased.

tauke

Hmm odd I can't get Borderless Fullscreen to work with GeDoSaTo as it keep crashing VC although it works fine when I disable it.

Will going to play around with some settings first.

This thread is making me want to play through my PS3 version again. Although considering it doesn't have trophies etc. there's no real harm in picking it up on PC soon. Sounds like it should still play well on my gaming laptop with a mobile core I7 and a 7970m.

jersoc

The music is fantastic so far. Man this game can be brutal. took me 4 times to beat the first tank mission. it seems moving people into position to attack while the enemy moves is pretty damn crucial. i also wish there were mission checkpoints. restarting the whole mission over is a bit much. hopefully there's no bullshit missions where you have to be perfect.

Top Bottom