• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

Durante

Someone who uses twitter should ask them whether they can spend an hour or two looking at the >5k resolution crash issues. Maybe they are easy to fix and they just never thought to test that :p

Seanspeed

Banned
The hand-drawn map look is really fantastic for somebody like me who enjoys maps.

And I love the general perspective in combat. So used to playing strategy games from an isometric/top down perspective. Its refreshing to see how things look closer to the ground.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
will I be missing anything if I start playing before the DLC thing is fixed or is that all later game stuff?

No. The DLC can be accessed any other time. Provided Sega kept the "Extra" thing the PS3 version had. With the exception of the difficulty mode one (which isn't really recommended for first time players) all the others are separate chapters.

Saganator

Someone who uses twitter should ask them whether they can spend an hour or two looking at the >5k resolution crash issues. Maybe they are easy to fix and they just never thought to test that :p

You should get twitter. You're the almighty Durante, we're just plebs.

Digging the port so far. Only issue is I can barely hear gun sounds. SE volume is default maxed, so not sure what I can do other than turning the music volume way down and cranking up the volume on my speakers. I know the gun sounds have always been kinda weak, but I can barely hear the sound of a rifle. I watched a PS3 Let's Play and my sound wasn't even close to it. Hope someone can mod in some beefier sounding gun audio.

Durante

will I be missing anything if I start playing before the DLC thing is fixed or is that all later game stuff?
You won't be missing anything, go ahead!

Digging the port so far. Only issue is I can barely hear gun sounds. SE volume is default maxed, so not sure what I can do other than turning the music volume way down and cranking up the volume on my speakers. I know the gun sounds have always been kinda weak, but I can barely hear the sound of a rifle. I watched a PS3 Let's Play and my sound wasn't even close to it. Hope someone can mod in some beefier sounding gun audio.
We discussed this earlier in the thread. Try changing your sound settings to 48000Hz.

TimmiT

Really glad to hear that the port runs well on laptops without high specs. I have one with a Geforce GT540M, an Intel i7-2630QM and 6GB RAM, so it sounds like it should run fine.

7j7YJVN.jpg

ok im retiring for tonight, but if anyone else wants to come in, just tell me and i'll add you as soon as i get up

dont tell anyone. im skipping college classes tomorrow because of this game.

put me in it too :p

Mohasus

This is good, this is damn good.
~50% GPU usage @1440p75
So beautiful.

Now I'm sad that the FFXIII trilogy isn't receiving ports like this.

edit: pre-rendered cutscenes seems to stutter, I take it is because it can't sync 30fps and 75Hz.

Asparagus

My first time properly playing this and I was really struggling with those shock troopers for a moment there o_O

Getting accustomed to it now, it really is stunning.

Falk

that puzzling face
Pffffhahahahaha

You probably should mention in the OP that it's highly recommended to set your audio driver to 48k.

Just noticed in my 60fps video (before I swapped to 48k) that audio management seems to be a little wonky and some sound effects are simply playing at 44.1kHz (as in, they sound slower/lower in pitch) - you can hear this at the tutorial prompt at 1m12s

Ronok

Really having fun this morning playing. It's been so long since I played on PS3 that I've completely forgotten how to play and what happens. I feel like a complete noob, but that's only enhancing my enjoyment of the game.
I've been streaming my early efforts to all 1-2 viewers I had so I feel like I'm doing my part to help spread the word that the game has a PC release. =P
My only problem so far with the port is the sound.. It seems that the volume options aren't reflected during cut-scenes, so I've resorted to decreasing the volume through the windows volume settings. It's a little strange, but it gets the job done. Hopefully Sega will fix this small issue. :)

Durante

You probably should mention in the OP that it's highly recommended to set your audio driver to 48k.
I added a note about that to the OP.

I noticed that I had my sound card set to 96kHz, so that also seems to work. It might just be 44.1 which has issues.

Garteal

Been playing the game at 5120x2880 and although it's laggy at some points, I'm not having any crashes. Interesting...

Alasfree

Pffffhahahahaha

Just noticed in my 60fps video (before I swapped to 48k) that audio management seems to be a little wonky and some sound effects are simply playing at 44.1kHz (as in, they sound slower/lower in pitch) - you can hear this at the tutorial prompt at 1m12s
I think i happened for me at 96hz, but at a high pitch.

Other than that the game run fantastically at 4k for me, i love strategy rpg and i neved had the chance to play this on PS3 so i am glad it came over to pc with a good version.

Falk

that puzzling face
I added a note about that to the OP.

I noticed that I had my sound card set to 96kHz, so that also seems to work. It might just be 44.1 which has issues.

I think i happened for me at 96hz, but at a high pitch.

It might be driver specific, and it only affects some things, not others so it's not that easy to notice.

Depending on the SFX in question and how used you are to how the game sounds on PS3, 96kHz might also be harder to notice than 44.1/88.2 since it's exactly an octave higher and thus 'in tune'.

Linkark07

Banned
Played the first mission. It still looks great, and the performance has been great.

Sadly, I'll have to wait till afternoon for play again.

Marche90

You won't be missing anything, go ahead!

We discussed this earlier in the thread. Try changing your sound settings to 48000Hz.

Odd, even changing the sound settings won't change anything for me. 24-bit 48k Hz was the default setting. Changing it to 96k increases the pitch but not the volume.

Falk

that puzzling face
96 and 192kHz are screwed over here as well. Actual audio clips so you know exactly what I'm talking about incoming.

edit@Above:

Control Panel -> Sound -> right click your output device (the default one in most cases, which has a green checkmark) and select Properties -> Advanced tap -> Default Format dropdown, select 24bit/48000 Hz

Just had enough time this morning to set up GeDoSaTo, run the game and watch the intro (so good!), but has anyone had problems trying to Alt-Tab out of the game? It seems like Windows recognizes I've Alt-Tabbed out but the screen keeps showing the game, making it impossible to see what I'm actually doing. Seems like the game displays even when it's lost focus. Not sure if this is a GeDoSaTo-specific thing or if VC is to blame, though.

Finalow

great game that everyone should play, even more so now that it's out on pc.

I'll start this as soon as I finish with the games I'm currently playing.

Shengar

96 and 192kHz are screwed over here as well. Actual audio clips so you know exactly what I'm talking about incoming.

edit@Above:

Control Panel -> Sound -> right click your output device (the default one in most cases, which has a green checkmark) and select Properties -> Advanced tap -> Default Format dropdown, select 24bit/48000 Hz
My computer already has it by default, strange...
Um...how do I do this?
The quoted post by me

Top Bottom