• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

MUnited83

For you.
you are already there been a while, see on the 1st tank?

also this is a updated version.

B7bZjgo.jpg

Someone add me to that please :D

arit

60fps menus are just glorious. Shame there isn't a borderless window mode (yet). Since I play with pad and window mode, is there a way to uncapture the mousepointer? Alt-Tab feels so archaic when switching away from the game.

Now if only I wouldn't have any memories from back in the ps3 days...

dani_dc

I had forgotten how great this game was.
Just the music gets me pumped out and feeling all happy.

Game looks and plays great too. Thankfully no audio issues here that I noticed.
Played for an hour and time just flew by.

It's such a tonal contrast from VC2 too, I had played both games extensively before, but going back to VC really makes the point.

I... I spent 40 minutes configuring and upgrading my squad for the first time, and then when I went back to book mode the game crashed.

*runs away sobbing*

Just got a 217 mb update after playing, does anybody know what that update did?

Extras is there under the main menu, was that there before?
Well, there it is.

Shame about the crashes. I always fear that people are getting turned off because a game launches with technical issues, and some of those problems are difficult to pinpoint and correct even during beta tests.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Man, just went through the entire command/training initial sequence, picked all my squad meticulously, upgraded my classes, researched weapons and tank stuff.

Finally go to get back to Book mode and it crashes on me.

Fuck me.

I... I spent 40 minutes configuring and upgrading my squad for the first time, and then when I went back to book mode the game crashed.

*runs away sobbing*

That really sucks. Don't the squadmate selections randomize when you get a new batch of recruits? Going back in you may see a different list to choose from.

Corgi

Banned
been ages since i've played a bit of this. I forget, was scouts the OP class?

Where should i be spending my money on early on in terms of upgrades?

PhaZZe

Banned
So much custom, so much things to do, man this game reminds me final fantasy tactics, i love it, thanks gaf for recommend this game and sega for porting this game.

Sulla1980

I had forgotten how great this game was.
Just the music gets me pumped out and feeling all happy.

Game looks and plays great too. Thankfully no audio issues here that I noticed.
Played for an hour and time just flew by.

It's such a tonal contrast from VC2 too, I had played both games extensively before, but going back to VC really makes the point.

Could you expand on VC vs 2? I have only spent time with 2,and I loved it.

Just curious. I have VC loaded up and ready to go. Pretty excited!

Mozendo

For the people who use GeDoSaTo does the game automatically alt+tab to desktop when you click anywhere using steam in-game?

I want to talk to my friends and play at the same time but I can't. ;_;

MRSA

Banned
been ages since i've played a bit of this. I forget, was scouts the OP class?

Where should i be spending my money on early on in terms of upgrades?

Accuracy

Oh my goodness, this game runs on my 2011 13" Macbook Pro with an i5 2.3Ghz HD3000. I think its at 30fps, how do I tell? Its locked at 30fps.

I spent this morning tearing apart my MBP to put the disc drive back in to install Windows 8.1, goodbye PS3.

dani_dc

Could you expand on VC vs 2? I have only spent time with 2,and I loved it.

Just curious. I have VC loaded up and ready to go. Pretty excited!

Honestly, there's been some talk of it in previous threads, and I'd say you should just boot the game and find out by yourself :p

In terms of story it's a very different tonal shift between a more serious military story and the school oriented story in the second game.

In terms of the game itself, we're talking about a single big individual map per level in VC1 compared to small maps repeating maps in VC2. Plus no grinding, you're always moving forward with the story and going to the next new map.

Sectus

Looks like the game has good modding potential. Files are easily accessible (it doesn't have files in massive container files which is fairly common for other games). There's individual scripts for every mission. They seem to contain control over dialogue, but maybe they have all info related to missions (scripted events, and maybe enemy placements). If that's the case, and if someone's crazy enough to reverse engineer that format, we might get powerful control over mission design.

Textures are in DDS format (they are uncompressed in what looks like a very simple container format).

Savegame format is similar to PS3 version. But instead of having numerous files as part of one savegame, it's all combined into one file. I don't know if the actual save data is in the same format. If endian is the same, it might be doable to create a PS3->PC savegame convertor.

Corgi

Banned
was anyone else super disappointed out of the gate with the first cutscene?

Then you realized it was prerendered and then the actual game starts and you go oh shit!

scotcheggz

Oh Alicia, I've missed you! Favourite PS3 game hands down. I've only played chapter 1 but it was flawless, gonna look into downsampling before I get too into it!

So far my only real gripe with this game are the low volumes for the sound effects and some combat lines of the characters. The audio definitely seems unbalanced in this. Hopefully they patch this.
Game runs and looks butter smooth at 4k though. The gameplay is fun as well.

Man, now I really want a new game with the improvements they made in the PSP sequels, like branching skillsets and mini-stories for each of your squad members.

Excellent OT, Durante! Glad to hear about the performance. For whatever reason, I didn't play this when it launched for PlayStation 3 - that changes today. Also, I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble to add me to the hype tank! ;-)

Durante

I've got no DLC :(

I have a press copy and apparently that doesn't include the DLC. I've also got 4 bought copies sitting in my Steam inventory, but I can't activate those of course since I already own the game.

So basically, there is no way for me to get the DLC. Sega, help!

dani_dc

I've got no DLC :(

I have a press copy and apparently that doesn't include the DLC. I've also got 4 bought copies sitting in my Steam inventory, but I can't activate those of course since I already own the game.

So basically, there is no way for me to get the DLC. Sega, help!

Just the price you pay for playing it early :)

I hope that get sorted out for you.

MSMrRound

Came home from work to see Valkyria Chronicles doing well.

Warms the heart.

Give me a heads up if you guys come across any Valkyria PC video (did SEGA release a PC port trailer for it yet?) and I might just add them to the list of trailers that's playing at the gameshop that I'm working at.

Oh...and please add me to the train while you guys are at it too! Thanks!

Top Bottom