• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

Anyone know how to fix the double-screenshot issue? Seems I'm getting the same thing where my game takes two screenshots when I hit F12 like I got with FF13. Not a game issue itself per-se, but it's annoying seeing the same screenshot twice in my Steam library.

Almighty

Well after playing it for just a little bit I am happy with the port quality and the besides the cut scenes the game is looking fantastic. Though my current PC is pretty weak so I am only running it at 1080p. The load times even on my ancient rig are almost non existent and even though Durante warned us about how quick saves were I thought something was wrong the first time I did it.

Danlord

Anyone know how to fix the double-screenshot issue? Seems I'm getting the same thing where my game takes two screenshots when I hit F12 like I got with FF13. Not a game issue itself per-se, but it's annoying seeing the same screenshot twice in my Steam library.

I'm getting this in Skyrim for some reason. I don't have Valkyria Chronicles but I am using GeDoSaTo for Skyrim (post-process filters), although the keybind for screenshots wasn't set for it so I'm not sure what's causing this.

TheTrain

Don't turn this into a waifu thread already, otherwise we might find ourselves in the community graveyard before our time ;)

That said, I don't get this general fascination with Edy in a game that has both Marina and Jane. Where's my Marina DLC?

Damn right!

Am I crazy or Marina Wulfstan look like Mikasa Ackerman [Shingeki no Kyojin]? Damn, insta picked up for the Squad 7!
Also i'm sure that the voice actress of Alicia Melchiot was in a anime.

Chariot

I even got a triple with VC3. But generally I have these double issue too. :(

So jealous of everyone playing this right now, I'm stuck waiting for my new CPU to arrive and probably won't be able to install it until Friday

Anyone run into a problem where the menu is just constantly going through all of the options like a slot machine?

I've tried multiple keyboards and I'm completely clueless as to what is going on :$

Nevermind, fixed it. Apparently a Saitek driver I had was interfering with it, seems to happen to other games too.

Zafir

Yeah, I've been getting that with a few games recently. Lords of the Fallen, Kingdom Come pre-alpha demo, and FFXIII. The common denominator for me seems to be downsampling.

Ultimadrago

vclevel5cgsfh.jpg

Not the best-looking Level 5 Badge by a long shot, but I'll take it (and still get the Foil :p). I probably should have shown the entire progression, but to keep it short: The flower stays the same and the border design becomes more ornate with each level.

>.>

Marina is legit best Sniper stat wise in the game! That's all I meant!
<3

Agreed
on both accounts
!

Hikami

What is this..? 60fps on my crappy computer?
This game runs great, loving it so far.

I'm only on 720p of course since my specs aren't that great, very surprised at 60fps though.

Up to Ch 3. Amazing amazing game. The mechanics are of course incredibly fun and unique. And although I don't really play these games for story anymore, I have to say that I'm also loving the story presentation. It's so refreshing to play a jrpg/srpg with adult and dignified characters and writing. Too bad about VC2 regressing to high school pandering shit, but ah well. Heard VC3 goes back to the tone of this one, so I hope that gets released here too.

So glad it's selling so well!! Looks like the series will be getting the second chance it deserves.

Seanspeed

Banned
Up to Ch 3. Amazing amazing game. The mechanics are of course incredibly fun and unique. And although I don't really play these games for story anymore, I have to say that I'm also loving the story presentation. It's so refreshing to play a jrpg/srpg with adult and dignified characters and writing. Too bad about VC2 regressing to high school pandering shit, but ah well. Heard VC3 goes back to the tone of this one, so I hope that gets released here too.

So glad it's selling so well!! Looks like the series will be getting the second chance it deserves.
Adult/dignified writing? Its still embarrassing JRPG crap on that front. The story premise is pretty mature, though.

it's so sad that the cutscenes are pre-rendered :'( :'( :'(

It wouldve been the perfect port otherwise :'(
They'd have to locate the original files and render at a way higher res, and then GAF would complain about the download size.

It's better to compare VC's dialogue and story elements with those from Skies of Arcadia and Sakura Wars, as VC blends them both, for better or worse.

Danj

Is anyone playing with the K/B and mouse? I just started playing with the Xbox controller instead and wanted to know if it was better that way.

KB and mouse works great. Really handy for lining up headshots. It gets a bit weird when you're controlling the tank though, but other than that it's awesome.

Don't turn this into a waifu thread already, otherwise we might find ourselves in the community graveyard before our time ;)

That said, I don't get this general fascination with Edy in a game that has both Marina and Jane. Where's my Marina DLC?

Damn right!
Oh man, imagine a 2 part map where you mainly control marina on a cliff picking people off while you skirt another group through a minefield where they cant really fight back

Dr Dogg

KB&M controls are soooo good. Granted the weird Space and Enter thing going on did confuse me at first but makes sense when put into gameplay. Also the prerender segments actually look a bit clearer than what I remember of my time on PS3. Then again my TV at the time was awful and I was still clinging to an analog monitor.

Really great to play through this again, even at the early stages.

Edit: Actually looking at some of my screenies now some of the assets scale up really nice. The engine and gun sound text effects were something I thought might stick out but they look good, even at 3840x2160.

cwistofu

Sorry to sound like a noob, but is there any reason/benefit to using GeDoSaTo if I'm playing this game on an average laptop? I can run the game fine at 1366x768 resolution at 60Hz and 30FPS, without vsync. (I'm amazed that my laptop can run this game at all, but I have yet to try anything past the tutorial battle.)

In other words, will GeDoSaTo help me eke out better performance from the game? Thanks.

xBladeM6x

I remember I played this game back when it first released, and fell in love immediately. Being able to play this again years later is awesome, especially because I never finished it. I almost die of happiness at the thought of them bringing VC2 over in VC's engine / graphics.

Sorry to sound like a noob, but is there any reason/benefit to using GeDoSaTo if I'm playing this game on an average laptop? I can run the game fine at 1366x768 resolution at 60Hz and 30FPS, without vsync. (I'm amazed that my laptop can run this game at all, but I have yet to try anything past the tutorial battle.)

In other words, will GeDoSaTo help me eke out better performance from the game? Thanks.

Quite the opposite. It would decrease your performance since the tool is used for downsampling and adding other graphical effects. No performance gains whatsoever.

If your laptop runs it just fine then leave it as it is.

cwistofu

Quite the opposite. It would decrease your performance since the tool is used for downsampling and adding other graphical effects. No performance gains whatsoever.

If your laptop runs it just fine then leave it as it is.

Great, thanks. Guess I'll play through it on average settings for now, and when I finally do get a gaming PC, I'll have another reason to play through this game once more!

Top Bottom