• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

Veal

you are already there been a while, see on the 1st tank?

also this is a updated version.

B7bZjgo.jpg
Can I join the train? Just got everything set up and got bopped by the tank haha!

I had thankfully forgotten about them. Especially Leon.
Hey, that's my name you're talking about.
Leon's supposed to be irritating, he matures when Kreis becomes tank operator and leaves R&D up for grabs

He's still boycotting Sega...
Le sigh. Hopefully SEGA will see how many sales they're missing out on because TB won't promote their good port, thus prompting a DMCA recall and compensation for us Shining
Force
Fans.

Randdalf

I know how the DDS format works, I mean that the DDS files themselves are in an uncompressed and unencrypted state. It's common for games to store assets in container files which have their own layer of compression and/or encryption.

Right I see what you're saying now. As an aside, another game I know of that stores DDS files like VC is Joe Danger.

Unity launching with so much suck definitely helps VC's position, but it's probably going to remain below COD and FM'15 unless a miracle happens.

As expected, the ratings are superior even to Rebirth's, for the time being.

I noticed some of the choppy playback in one of the cutscenes just now that some people have been reporting. A bit weird being's it's just a pre-rendered movie.

jett

D-Member
In which chapter do I leave the tutorial-ness of the game? I think I'm at chapter 3.

So far, the only thing that's bothering me is that the dead zone when using analog sticks is too big, lining up a headshot can be annoying. And it's the game, since I have immediate response in the Windows Control Panel.

sentry65

does anyone have a screenshot of the game at 720p, 1080p, and 2160p downsampled to 1080p? Need digital foundry, but I doubt they'll do any downsampling

Been trying to get sound for the last two hours, no luck :/
Could someone check their System_Config.xml in the games directory and compare the Audio part to mine:
<audio_adapters output_device_id="" output_device_name="" input_device_id="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" input_device_name="" main_volume="80" />

It looks like there should be more in there but I don't know.

Peff

In which chapter do I leave the tutorial-ness of the game? I think I'm at chapter 3.

So far, the only thing that's bothering me is that the dead zone when using analog sticks is too big, lining up a headshot can be annoying. And it's the game, since I have immediate response in the Windows Control Panel.

Use the D-Pad for small adjustments.

The game will start letting go soon, not sure which chapter exactly but chapter 7 will certainly give you a run for your money.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

You can use the d-pad to fine tune your aiming since the reticule moves much slower using it.

aravuus

Goddamn 4K downsampled looks fucking amazing

But I think I'll stick to windowed for now since alt-tabing doesn't seem to work. Looks good enough.

dkoy

Played a few hours last night and it was great! English VA wasn't as good as I remembered at the beginning but it got better. Questions about some technical issues I have though:
1: Game's not detecting my nVidia graphics card so I had to force it in the control panel, did this happen to anyone else?
2: The audio is a bit unbalanced (for lack of a better word). I had to turn BGM down to half and keep SFX at max since having both at max made the SFX hard to listen to over the BGM. And even though I do this, some music like camp capture and operation complete music are still really loud. Not game breaking but annoying. Anyone else got this?
3: I don't suppose someone's already got mods for PS3 button prompts? :p

Playing this is a blast though. Can't believe I didn't get Edy at the beginning but I got Ted at least and Homer came along in the second chapter.

Played a few hours last night and it was great! English VA wasn't as good as I remembered at the beginning but it got better.

You should try the JP VA which is stocked with well known anime VAs including Jun Fukuyama literally doing his Lelouch voice as Maximilian.

Shiokazu

the train is so crazy by now some people cant find thenselves LOL. so, i put a nice red highlight on some of those who asked twice or were already there.

eQk6DyX.jpg

also, next batch will feature a 4th tank.

Acti

Played a few hours last night and it was great! English VA wasn't as good as I remembered at the beginning but it got better. Questions about some technical issues I have though:
1: Game's not detecting my nVidia graphics card so I had to force it in the control panel, did this happen to anyone else?
2: The audio is a bit unbalanced (for lack of a better word). I had to turn BGM down to half and keep SFX at max since having both at max made the SFX hard to listen to over the BGM. And even though I do this, some music like camp capture and operation complete music are still really loud. Not game breaking but annoying. Anyone else got this?

Playing this is a blast though. Can't believe I didn't get Edy at the beginning but I got Ted at least and Homer came along in the second chapter.

3: I didn't even know such thing existed on other games... If it does can you tell me a game with this option/mod?

Squishy3

dammit, game crashed going back to book mode after i selected my squad, leveled people up, and upgraded a bunch of equipment. now i have to do that all over again :(

Durante, mind if I copycat (with some minor changes) your OP? With the PC release, my VC thread on Facepunch is getting bumped and my OP from 2013 looks like arse.

So Valkyria crashes when you go to make your squad for the first time at 4k, is this easily fixed by just playing at 1080p or something for a moment?
Who knows what's causing it... crashed while making a squad for me the first time at 1080p, but I was able to get through it the next time without incident.

dammit, game crashed going back to book mode after i selected my squad, leveled people up, and upgraded a bunch of equipment. now i have to do that all over again :(

This seems to be common. However, after reloading you should be able to get through it without incident.

Pinkuss

Detected my nVidia GTX 660 fine.

Played a few games with my keyboard and mouse but really can't wait to get my 360 pads back (me and my best friend do a gaming night/getting immensely shitfaced night and he's borrowed my 360/pads :( ).

dkoy

3: I didn't even know such thing existed on other games... If it does can you tell me a game with this option/mod?

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Dark Souls and probably Dark Souls 2. I've seen youtube videos where people had modded the X360 button prompts with PS3 ones.

@Pinkuss: I see. Might just be me since I'm playing on a laptop with a mobile GPU. It's not a big issue since I forced it through the control centre.

Last thing. C-Can I get in on the hype train too?

Schuhu

Neo Member
Had 2 crashes in 2 1/2 hours, urgh

One after setting the squad together for the first time aswell, man that bums me out so much

wait a second, I haven't played this game in over 4 years. Don't tell me the squad members are randomized and I won't be able to get her without restarting and praying to the rng gods?

I believe you get all squad members eventually but they're randomly spread out throughout the campaign.

Hikami

the train is so crazy by now some people cant find thenselves LOL. so, i put a nice red highlight on some of those who asked twice or were already there.

eQk6DyX.jpg

also, next batch will feature a 4th tank.

Lol.. that's a lot of hype. Have you been keeping track of how many passengers there are?

Durante

I'm surprised by these crash reports. The only crashes I ever got were at 5k or higher resolution, and I've played the game for 14 hours now.

I'm surprised by these crash reports. The only crashes I ever got were at 5k or higher resolution, and I've played the game for 14 hours now.

I tried the recruitment at both 4k and 1080p and it froze both times, once with and without GeDoSaTo.

I'll disable Borderless Gaming and see if it works.

That's exactly how it is.

When is it determined, anyway? When you first enter the command room from the city menu after unlocking the city menu? My initial spread lacked Jann, Vyse, Aika AND Marina. A bummer, needless to say, and despite reaching ch5 I'm tempted to run through again to get at least a few of them.

wait a second, I haven't played this game in over 4 years. Don't tell me the squad members are randomized and I won't be able to get her without restarting and praying to the rng gods?

You'll eventually get everyone, but RNGesus determines you joins you earlier on. It is one of the few dumber points of their design.

Durante

When is it determined, anyway? When you first enter the command room from the city menu after unlocking the city menu? My initial spread lacked Jann, Vyse, Aika AND Marina. A bummer, needless to say, and despite reaching ch5 I'm tempted to run through again to get at least a few of them.
It's determined whenever you enter the command room and have new recruits available. So if you really want someone you can get them at any point where you get new ones.

can you use the ps3 controller with this?
Yes, the same way you can use it in any xinput game.

I'm doing this now since I'm playing on my projector.

So are achievements supposed to randomly activate when going into the command room? I fulfilled the requirements, but it's weird that it doesn't activate when you first fulfill the requirements.

Top Bottom