• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

Levyne

Banned
So are achievements supposed to randomly activate when going into the command room? I fulfilled the requirements, but it's weird that it doesn't activate when you first fulfill the requirements.

People were having issues with them unlocking properly. Hopefully they tweak that, otherwise I will unlock using SAM if I feel like I need to do that for some reason.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh was the audio issue already fixed?

Yes, retested it on every imaginable configuration.

Like I said, it was such a small issue that it was annoying it got through :V

edit: Man, many of the characters scream "Tales" (Jaeger looking at you) so loudly that VC's art style makes it even more painful that the PS3 Tales games look so bland :(

Chariot

Well...
ZcEP7rV.png

That's over 224 Recommendations with only 5 Negative.
Haha, I just looked at the negative reviews.

One guy managed to get killed in the tutorial, two who can't handle the controlls, one joke review and one that is mysteriously missing.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I was curious to see how this would run for me, and I ended up playing for about an hour. Wow. Now I understand the hype. This game is fantastic. I was worried that I wouldn't be into the art style, but it looks really nice in motion. Story seems like it has real potential.

screenshot_2014-11-11lur49.jpg

Took 4 reloads, but so worth it.

I was so happy I git her on my first load. Actually got the only 3 characters I remember caring to use: Freesia, Vyse and Marina. Nowbto unlock Lynn and I will ve set.

Otherwise I've been loving the port. Downsampling from 4k makes this game so good. Sadly using a 16:10 resolution gives me a black screen.

Quoting for new page because I really want to play this game :(

Been trying to get sound for the last two hours, no luck :/
Could someone check their System_Config.xml in the games directory and compare the Audio part to mine:
<audio_adapters output_device_id="" output_device_name="" input_device_id="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" input_device_name="" main_volume="80" />

It looks like there should be more in there but I don't know.

I dunno if this has been mentioned yet but is anyone experiencing some glitches in the character models? For example some of my lancers shoulder armor is just floating off model and a few other things of this nature.

I was so happy I git her on my first load. Actually got the only 3 characters I remember caring to use: Freesia, Vyse and Marina. Nowbto unlock Lynn and I will ve set.

Otherwise I've been loving the port. Downsampling from 4k makes this game so good. Sadly using a 16:10 resolution gives me a black screen.

What? I just got to this screen...didn't know it was randomized. Back to reload!

The muted guns sounds and character lines during battle still don't seem to be fixed. I noticed no change from before the patch. They sound muted in both stereo and 5.1 output mode.

I'm in constant awe on the single fact I'm playing this on my PC which isn't even a great rig.

I was really close to getting a PS3 just for this game but now that it's on my PC the desire for a PS3 went out the window.

Peff

I only ever play with headphones. no speakers plugged in.

Well, that's weird. Maybe try verifying the cache? Play windowed and see if there's any sound actually being received? I think there were some fixes to set the sound card to 48000Hz, but you've probably already tried that.

Bombless

The game is great but I'm getting muted sound during combat. Everything else is peachy. The keyboard only menus remind me of DOS games of old, them nostalgic feels!

Well, that's weird. Maybe try verifying the cache? Play windowed and see if there's any sound actually being received? I think there were some fixes to set the sound card to 48000Hz, but you've probably already tried that.

I've verified the cache, twice, just loaded it up windowed with playback device thingy open and the bars don't fill up at all, but they do for everything else with sound.

itllgrobak try changing your default audio playback device, and/or disabling all instead of the one you want to use.

Speakers (realtek High Definition audio) is the only one enabled, I just tried disabling that one and hooking up my tv via hdmi and enabling only that audio, again all sound comes through from other sources but this game produces nothing.

Do you guys get any options under the Audio tab? this is what mine looks like:

Falk

that puzzling face
The game is great but I'm getting muted sound during combat. Everything else is peachy. The keyboard only menus remind me of DOS games of old, them nostalgic feels!

Yeah, after playing the game a wee bit more as work allows, I'm gonna agree that something about the sound engine is still a little wonky and it has to do with positional audio. Not only are volumes all over the place, positioning is sometimes off as well, with stuff that's supposed to be dead center getting panned hard left from time to time.

Hopefully that gets fixed eventually.

edit: Unrelated to above. Unfortunate post timing; edited for quotes

batfax

Preordered but only get to play the first few missions today it looks like. The whole thing looks and feels great though! Really looking forward to seeing who my first batch of recruits brings when I can play again.

masterkajo

Just got home from work an hour ago and starting playing the first couple chapters. That music, that music and visuals. I am in love all over again!

Haven't bothered with GeDoSaTo yet. The switch from video to game graphics is definitly pretty noticable even at 1080p. So downsampling from the heavens above will only widen the gap. Still worth it though.

wmlk

The Sniper class was always very interchangeable to me. I liked using Marina but it really didn't make much of a difference.

They're probably the least useful to me after Engineers.

DR2K

Banned
Had some issues controlling the tank, and the game froze on me when my low battery notification came on, but it runs great on my laptop. Huge improvement over the PS3 version.

Top Bottom