• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You sugars better use Jann to great effect.

Doesn't that only work for DX9 games?

Yes. But since Durante says it has a profile, it's more than likely that the title has a DX9 render.

The requirements say DX10, so I'm not sure.

I don't know where you read that but Durante has the game running with Gedosato. That much is sure.

mThSIQpuYa_u.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just look at it...I mean damn. It's gorgeous. Easily one of the greatest games of all time. Everything about it is just right. Good pacing, notable and memorable villains, an eclectic cast of relatable heroes, nostalgia, a competent and well told love story, tragedy, etc... It has everything and you owe it to the betterment of yourself as a human being to experience it.
rzS5Ady.gif

The price seems kinda high for an old ass game port. The only somewhat similar games that I've played and enjoyed are XCOM and KOTOR.

Am I gonna like this game, GAF?

The price seems kinda high for an old ass game port. The only somewhat similar games that I've played and enjoyed are XCOM and KOTOR.

Am I gonna like this game, GAF?

58c875089f.jpg

That said, good ports don't fund themselves. I mean, one, this pricematches what it goes for New at Gamestop, and honestly this is an IP that needs this kind of revenue coming in. Besides, noone's complaining about the $20 price on Trails even though it's a decade old.

Choo choo!! All aboard the hype tank train!

Tomorrow just can't come fast enough. I even get out early from the office so I'll be able to at least try an hour or so before heading out for more work.

Mesoian

Sheesh, I know I'm not the most vocal person but still...

Granted, I talked more in the other thread.

I want a ticket to ri-hi-hide.

Hold the FUCK on....

Sakimoto did the OST for this?!

Hype +100

Yep. A while ago, like, a year or two ago they did the first Humble Music Bundle, and one of the albums up for grabs was a Best of Valkyria Chronicles OST. I still have it on my iPod and my phone. God it's so good. The part that hurt the most was the fact it had VC3 music on there. Some good songs on there from VC3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqZbmcIqtTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YjyBJB0co0

VC1 had the Valkyria Chronicles Main Theme as its title and it was all eery and sounded like a song that would play to the beginning of a war movie or war game. VC2's title theme was very upbeat and bright, a huge departure from the tone of the first game. VC3's title theme sounds like it belongs in a Western, sounds all cool and rebellious in a way.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
One thing is certain though: you do not want to see the raw images the game spits out in the initial rendering pass before the non-photorealistic magic happens.

That is literally exactly what I want to see.

If I just built a new PC, is it worth trying to figure out all this downsampling stuff to play the game, or will it look basically as good if I just run it at 1080p or whatever?

Absolutely yes. Check out GeDoSaTo, and join the GeDoSato thread if you need help figuring stuff out

Shantom

This has just overtaken FM15 on the Steam top sellers list. I certainly didn't expect that to happen before the game comes out.

Top Bottom