• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

dhlt25

wow I sucks at this game. Had to redo mission 4 like 7 or 8 time before I get it. May be I'm missing something but my troops sucks, they missed a ton of their shot. The game also don't tell you if your line of sight is blocked (even tho it looks like i can shoot there) and what's your chance of hitting a target.

Chariot

wow I sucks at this game. Had to redo mission 4 like 7 or 8 time before I get it. May be I'm missing something but my troops sucks, they missed a ton of their shot. The game also don't tell you if your line of sight is blocked (even tho it looks like i can shoot there) and what's your chance of hitting a target.
It acrually do. When you aim you get an overview at the top. Shots is the times your people shoot and Kill how many shots have to hit to kill. Aim for the head for less shots needed, get closer fotmr higher chance of hitting.

Finalow

fuck mission 7. please tell me that there is a way to finish it in 2 turns or something? So long and boring. I wasted 40 minutes or more, did everything perfectly (or so I thought) and finished it in 11 turns but didn't get A rank.

unless the first wall isn't supposed to be useless (destroyed it and nothing happens) I have no idea what went wrong.

FtHTiny

I finally managed to put some hours into and loving it so far. The only thing that boggles my mind is how to get A ranks. I know i´m not playing it perfect and super fast but it seems like you have to complete most missinos in like 2-3 turns.

Edit: Ugh, i´m in chapter 10 and just found the class challanges... And they give so much exp as well...

Unai

fuck mission 7. please tell me that there is a way to finish it in 2 turns or something? So long and boring. I wasted 40 minutes or more, did everything perfectly (or so I thought) and finished it in 11 turns but didn't get A rank.

unless the first wall isn't supposed to be useless (destroyed it and nothing happens) I have no idea what went wrong.

Chapter 7 needs to be finished in 9 turn for an A rank.

Durante

I finally managed to put some hours into and loving it so far. The only thing that boggles my mind is how to get A ranks. I know i´m not playing it perfect and super fast but it seems like you have to complete most missinos in like 2-3 turns.

Edit: Ugh, i´m in chapter 10 and just found the class challanges... And they give so much exp as well...
A ranks aren't really something you should aim for on your first playthrough of the game. They are more of a bonus for when you do particularly well in a mission, or for NG+. B ranks (which actually were called "A ranks" in the Japanese release) are perfectly fine the first time around.

Finalow

Chapter 7 needs to be finished in 9 turn for an A rank.
guess I'll watch a video, not sure how you can make it shoot the walls faster, took me 11 or 10 turns if you count the first wall. (which did nothing?)

also, any video for guarding the refugee camp rank A?

Mission 15, battle 2 is no fair. Why allow
Selvaria Bles
to use
a sniper-rifle/gatling gun Ruhm
on a
PLATFORM
?!!?

So OP; I can't die fast enough.

Nyoro SF

But I want to kill, not use strategy.

When Welkin tells Squad 7 to move out, he means it - no stopping, no defense. Move forward and attack or die restart the mission and try again.

It's the only way to play...

I know you're joking, but by second turn on that mission Welkin has a little cutscene where he says hide and heal a lot :p

Falk

that puzzling face
The second time I played the game on PS3, I wanted to
use Largo to shoot a rocket at Selvaria to get her to turn around back south so that Alicia could shoot her in the back of the head again. Instead the rocket actually hit her in the head and I won

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
My mind is blown. I never even thought of using smoke that way.

I like Nils. He's like Wavy, only not Darcsen.
She can't dodge what she can't see coming. You basically
shoot a smoke grenade into your own camp and snipe at her from different angles.

Very clever.

I just used
a lancer, when I finally got close enough.
Dodge this!

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't blame me, blame the dark-hairs. They are probably at fault, somehow.

RNavISe.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
3 more S-ranks to get on the PC version but I'm trying to take the aces out in that round as well. It's a little tricky doing Scout rushing + killing aces in the same turn while being limited to like 1-4 turns max for the S-rank. :| Up to Chapter 13. Nearly there. >_<

Didn't even know it was possible to snipe out
Selvaria
during Ch15. Probably because I played too conservatively during the only run that I ever beat the game on. Might as well experiment with that this time once I get around to playing instead of screwing around on my 1+ and FF14.

Hmm, by the by, anyone know if a OnePlus should be strong enough to run VC3 through PPSSPP? Crisis Core and Valkyrie Profile have had *issues* running (crashing and graphical bugs, respectively) so I'm not sure if it will be worth the effort to rip my VC3 UMD again and struggle with the myriad of issues the translation patcher has (Starting to wish I backed up my patched ISO when I was making my new PC)

dani_dc

Just (re)finished the game on PC.

I had forgotten about Faldio "sacrifice", that was the most useless sacrifice I've seen. They had Maximilian pinned down and he had even lost access to his powers. Plus he nearly got Alicia and Welkins dead as well. Having a hard time caring about his "sacrifice".

Just (re)finished the game on PC.

I had forgotten about Faldio "sacrifice", that was the most useless sacrifice I've seen. They had Maximilian pinned down and he had even lost access to his powers. Plus he nearly got Alicia and Welkins dead as well. Having a hard time caring about his "sacrifice".
Been a while since I saw that scene, but:

My recollection is that it was more of an atonement than a sacrifice.

Falk

that puzzling face
Been a while since I saw that scene, but:

My recollection is that it was more of an atonement than a sacrifice.

Since Gallia are the bad guys, Faldio did a commendable thing by preventing them access to the Marmota

don't hurt me

Weiss

Banned
You can't kill that guy, Varrot! He's helpless and must face trial for his crimes!

*Faldio then later does exactly that*

Seriously though,
Faldio's "sacrifice" was among the worst scenes in the game. Let alone it coming out of nowhere, but it glorifies suicide as some sort of atonement that Faldio had to perform.

Finalow

well, sure, "atonement", but it's still a pretty stupid scene. it's ok thought, it didn't ruin the ending.

also, wasn't there a report about Isara? Someone here mentioned it. which shows Welkin reactions.

Chariot

I was a reasonable thing to do.
Because - ya know - Max was exploding at the moment. Difficult time to make a arrest.

Falk

that puzzling face
Because - ya know - Max was exploding at the moment. Difficult time to make a arrest.

He realized that if
Welkin saw the explosion he wouldn't be a cool guy, so he was just helping out a bro

Finalow

uh?
Faldio himself stopped Max's explosion when he showed up, that was the whole point of him being there.
after that there was no need for what he did.

besides, I'm pretty sure that some gunshots would have done the same. and again, if
Max still had some 'power' he could have probably killed Faldio instead of getting grabbed&dragged like that.

Weiss

Banned

If he really just wanted to kill Max, he could have just pushed him into the hole instead of getting behind him. Max was thoroughly done at that point.

No, the whole point of that scene is Faldio has to kill himself to atone for shooting Alicia, and that is fucking disgusting.

Chariot

uh?
Faldio himself stopped Max's explosion when he showed up, that was the whole point of him being there.
after that there was no need for what he did.

besides, I'm pretty sure that some gunshots would have done the same. and again, if
Max still had some 'power' he could have probably killed Faldio instead of getting grabbed&dragged like that.
I thought that he stopped the full extend of the explosion, but Max still exploded very heavily with the power that he managed to pump in before Faldio shut it down. He was a bit late indeed.

If he really just wanted to kill Max, he could have just pushed him into the hole instead of getting behind him. Max was thoroughly done at that point.

No, the whole point of that scene is Faldio has to kill himself to atone for shooting Alicia, and that is fucking disgusting.
That much is true.

Continuing the end scene discussion:

Well, looking at it logically, what was Faldio's future had he lived? His career was over and he probably had a long prison sentence awaiting him for effectively attempting to murder Alicia. At least the way he chose to go out was kiiiind of heroic?

And besides, if he did just push Max down, then the plane would have had to rescue him too. I wonder if that would have hurt the chances of saving Welkin and Alicia at the end.

Chariot

Well, looking at it logically, what was Faldio's future had he lived? His career was over and he probably had a long prison sentence awaiting him for effectively attempting to murder Alicia. At least the way he chose to go out was kiiiind of heroic?

And besides, if he did just push Max down, then the plane would have had to rescue him too. I wonder if that would have hurt the chances of saving Welkin and Alicia at the end.
The plane would've been a problem, but neither of them can see in the future, so the argument is invalid. And of course he still could've been remorsed. After a war you are thankful for ever bit of extra man power. And I am sure Alicia and Welking would've forgive him some day.

Finalow

I got all the ace weapons from the story missions and reports but no achievement/medal unlocked? How's that?

so career over and some time in prison = let's suicide, boys. Lol, come on now.
and there is nothing 'heroic' in doing that as they showed it to us, honestly. it's just plain stupid

I can see what they tried to do but they didn't manage to deliver it properly at all.

Chariot

I got all the ace weapons from the story missions and reports but no achievement/medal unlocked? How's that?
You also need all royal weapons. There two 30er weapons you only can get with a chance from the last two missions in NG+ if you A them

Chariot

That annoying feeling when you're missing an ace weapon and you're not sure which one it is....
Well, there is a logic to them.
There are numbered from 1 to 5. Look what weapon numbers in every category you are missing and ask the internet.

If it helps, there is an ace to be found in every mission but 1, 4 and 18

Unai

Oh shit, there's no way to quit a battle. I entered the Lancer Challenge without saving in book mode, and now I can't win this battle because I'm not prepared (my lancers are using Mortars lol). I guess I'll have to loose half an hour worth of playing reloading another save.

Chariot

Oh shit, there's no way to quit a battle. I entered the Lancer Challenge without saving in book mode, and now I can't win this battle because I'm not prepared (my lancers are using Mortars lol). I guess I'll have to loose half an hour worth of playing reloading another save.
Why would you even equip mortars? :(

Top Bottom