• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles PC |OT| May the bloodline live forever

Vashzaron

Oh shit, there's no way to quit a battle. I entered the Lancer Challenge without saving in book mode, and now I can't win this battle because I'm not prepared (my lancers are using Mortars lol). I guess I'll have to loose half an hour worth of playing reloading another save.

For future reference you can quit by failing the mission, choosing to retry from the briefing point then exit that to book mode.

I have no idea why they decided to not include a exit to book option or a retry option in the start menu.

Unai

For future reference you can quit by failing the mission, choosing to retry from the briefing point then exit that to book mode.

I have no idea why they decided to not include a exit to book option or a retry option in the start menu.

Oh, well remembered! I'll do that. I've stopped playing after posting that here.

Nyoro SF

Well, there is a logic to them.
There are numbered from 1 to 5. Look what weapon numbers in every category you are missing and ask the internet.

If it helps, there is an ace to be found in every mission but 1, 4 and 18

I went through all the weapons I have and I do have 1-5 of all Ace weapons.
I also have the extra tank item and the extra flamethrower.
I also A-ranked all of the missions, even the extra ones, and visited the Audience Hall, so I'm pretty sure I have all the royal weapons. I'm on NG+... but no achievement.

Once I finish up the Personnel and Levels achievement, I'll study my royal weapons list more closely.

The skirmishes look pretty hard. Can't wait to challenge myself a bit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow. Chapter 14 is probably the first time since starting NG+ that I need to add auxiliary units to possibly A-rank it.

Marow

Just started playing it and I love it so far! Seems like things will get difficult quickly.

I have encountered a minor issue, sadly. For some reason the game is in slow motion during combat, however this is easily solved by alt-tabbing out and in of the game. I wonder why this happens. According to what I could see on the Steam forums, it's either related to V-Sync or 60fps. Nobody seemed to be exactly sure, as the problem could be solve multiple ways. Hopefully it'll get fixed eventually!

Mibuokami

I have encountered a minor issue, sadly. For some reason the game is in slow motion during combat, however this is easily solved by alt-tabbing out and in of the game. I wonder why this happens. According to what I could see on the Steam forums, it's either related to V-Sync or 60fps. Nobody seemed to be exactly sure, as the problem could be solve multiple ways. Hopefully it'll get fixed eventually!

I have the same issue. It only happens with vsync on AND framerate uncapped. If I turn off vsync or lock framerate to 30fps this problem goes away.

Just started playing it and I love it so far! Seems like things will get difficult quickly.

It's an issue with V-Sync, or at least it was for me. Try disabling it in the game and forcing it in your graphics driver program.

TheSeks

I still get random bits of slowdown even with V-sync off. I have no clue why.

Anyway:

S-ranked all the main missions and Aces killed.

Does anyone have a playlist for the side-stories/Elliot's stuff to S-rank? I need to get the last two Aces there + S-rank those missions to be done with the non-DLC stuff.

Uriah

Spoilers for chapter 17

How the fuck am I supposed to capture these damn bases when the enemy gets so many reinforcements?

TheSeks

Spoilers for chapter 17

How the fuck am I supposed to capture these damn bases when the enemy gets so many reinforcements?

This will COMPLETELY ruin it for you once you realize what you're supposed to do:

http://youtu.be/M7Lk986dRCM

(The hard part is nailing the Ace WHILE getting the S-rank, IMO. I used a sniper on the Ace which is a complete dice roll since you get them dodging 24/7 nearly. :|)

Nyoro SF

I barely managed to beat Chapter 17 on my third try... it was pretty crazy but not as bad as Chapter 14.

Also I managed to find the missing royal weapon and got it. Achievement done.
Finished the skirmishes on Easy and some on Normal.

Only have kill 1000 enemy soldiers, unlock all personnel profiles and earn A rank on all chapters, reports, skirmishes (all difficulties).

Mibuokami

How is the game without V-Sync? I know some games don't look too bad without it, but....

I personally can't stand any game without v-sync. I get really really irritated at screen tearing and will put up with a lot to avoid it. Even if it means sacrificing 60fps or putting up with input lag.

This game has noticeable tearing for me when I turn off v-sync both in the cutscene and in game. Not my cup of tea and I stuck with 30fps instead.

Saving money atm for a G-sync monitor. It looks like a literal god-send.

Mibuokami

It's an issue with V-Sync, or at least it was for me. Try disabling it in the game and forcing it in your graphics driver program.

Thanks for the tip. I've just tested this and it seems forced v-sync from the graphic drivers prevents the slow down from happening at 60fps.

*fist-bump*

Edit: oops, double post. sorry!

By the way, it seems Steam streaming causes slowdown in this game as well.

Idiotas on the Steam forums want to keep blaming my PC, but I can stream with pretty much every other software with no issues, and every other game I've used Steam broadcasting with has maintained peak performance.

Durante

This will COMPLETELY ruin it for you once you realize what you're supposed to do:

http://youtu.be/M7Lk986dRCM

(The hard part is nailing the Ace WHILE getting the S-rank, IMO. I used a sniper on the Ace which is a complete dice roll since you get them dodging 24/7 nearly. :|)
I A ranked that mission while capturing all the bases and taking out all enemies on the map.

Get on my level :p

I A ranked that mission while capturing all the bases and taking out all enemies on the map.

but why would you do that when all you need to do is kill him in one turn. Capturing the bases is only necessary to prevent repairs. Is your level the less efficient way? Why would I want to do that.

Nyoro SF

but why would you do that when all you need to do is kill him in one turn. Capturing the bases is only necessary to prevent repairs. Is your level the less efficient way? Why would I want to do that.

You do it for the challenge.
You can play a game in the most efficient way possible, or you can do it while trying to be stylish as possible.

What level were your flamethrowers? :p

Durante

I generally played most of the missions with more interesting layouts that way. It was my second playthrough, so I wanted to do something different and more interesting.

What level were your flamethrowers? :p
I don't think I used a single flamethrower shot. Had both Alicia and Aika equipped with ZM Kar 8s though.

BBboy20

The second time I played the game on PS3, I wanted to
use Largo to shoot a rocket at Selvaria to get her to turn around back south so that Alicia could shoot her in the back of the head again. Instead the rocket actually hit her in the head and I won

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Same, but with Jann.

So I was looking around on the internets and I dug up this screenie of Welkin.

1134854-justasplanne.jpg

What. Any idea if this was from some pre-release or beta build or something? Let it be said that I'm glad as hell Welkin's palette got changed by release because he looks demented with that combination of colors and expression.

Edit: Speaking of that, dug up some actual beta screenies:

vc4.jpg

Interception zones visible on the tactical view as well as no (or at least higher) turn limit? Sega, what happened?

So I was looking around on the internets and I dug up this screenie of Welkin.

1134854-justasplanne.jpg

What. Any idea if this was from some pre-release or beta build or something? Let it be said that I'm glad as hell Welkin's palette got changed by release because he looks demented with that combination of colors and expression.

Looks like a photoshop to make Welkin resemble Light from Deathnote. (See also: the filename of the image.)

For reference:

keikaku.jpg

Looks like a photoshop to make Welkin resemble Light from Deathnote. (See also: the filename of the image.)

For reference:

keikaku.jpg

Son of a bitch that is some good photoshopping then. I didn't even question it for a moment there, especially with how well put in the microphone was.

I was going to comment on that, too. Turn 26? Holy crap. Were the beta missions that long-winded? :lol

Well, for all we know, the turns might have been shorter. Considering how the tank uses 2 CP instead of 1, I don't suppose it's outside the realm of possibility that at one point each class had different CP usage rather than just 1 for infantry, 2 for vehicles.

(I mean, if it was like that at some point, it was probably before orders were part of the turn flow. multi-CP troop movements along with order costs would probably be a bit too brutal... Aha, or maybe better balanced, I dunno,)

DJ_Lae

Shit, I've restarted 15a five times now to try and avoid the ladder bug at the end of the mission - I can rush to that point very quickly but each time my character falls through the world. It's annoying as hell, as everything I've read has people talking about how the bug is fixed if they start the whole mission over (rather than loading a mid-mission save).

B9tiUOa.jpg

Maybe I can just rush the last switch by dumping orders on a scout or something and ignore the big guns, because I sure can't get up to them.

Marche90

Shit, I've restarted 15a five times now to try and avoid the ladder bug at the end of the mission - I can rush to that point very quickly but each time my character falls through the world. It's annoying as hell, as everything I've read has people talking about how the bug is fixed if they start the whole mission over (rather than loading a mid-mission save).

B9tiUOa.jpg

Maybe I can just rush the last switch by dumping orders on a scout or something and ignore the big guns, because I sure can't get up to them.

Hmm... I forgot that this bug was a thing. Hopefully I should have a save in that mission to check it out, since I really wanted to see it.

Used orders on an engineer and a scout to make it through that mission in 2 turns :lol

EDIT: managed to replicate the bug, alright

But it only affected me after using the middle stairs. Using the stairs to the sides didn't affected the game. Hmmm, odd bug.

Finally finished the game and I gotta ask (last cutscenes spoiler)
why the fuck did Faldio kill himself, fucker was so socially awkward he couldn't apologize, had to commit sudoku

now i'm gotta go sit in the corner and wait for vanquish, laters

If it's true that the petition actually didn't have much to do with the porting decision, I'm wagering the next port is VC3 or something.

Which reminds me: any ideas what happened to those VC3 translation patch guys? The last word out of them in any way was "still working on some of the more egregious errors." back in January and nothing since then, not even approving comments or any idle chatter.

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to PC gaming. I've been wanting to start for a while, but now I figure Valkyria's release is as good a time as any to start.

However, I just bought a new laptop, and I'm scared it won't run Valkyria. It's got an Intel i5 CPU @ 1.7 GHz and 8 GB of RAM. Am I screwed?

Top Bottom