• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
morningbus said:
Just so we have a point of reference, from that estimate website, these are the current rates of completion:

Audiosurf: 1.26% (or 1.27%, I've noticed it going back and forth)/hr
Defense Grid: .78%/hr
Killing Floor: .70%/hr
Amnesia: .62%/hr
The Ball: 1.02%/hr

Update (italics represent positive changes):

Audiosurf: 1.28%/hr
Killing Floor: .71%/hr
The Ball: 1.04%/hr
Super Meat Boy: .81%/hr (somehow forgot this one originally)

JoeBoy101

Don_t_Eat_Those_Green_Potatoes__A93A1CA6-0696-EE49-99B2FB243E730079.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
morningbus said:
Update (italics represent positive changes):

Audiosurf: 1.28%/hr
Killing Floor: .71%/hr
The Ball: 1.04%/hr
Super Meat Boy: .81%/hr (somehow forgot this one originally)
So that gives us just about 50 hours for Killing Floor and Amnesia to finish? Awesome. :p

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
the wiki says that the potatoes doubled the rate at which we're completing these progress bars

Blizzard said:
So that gives us just about 50 hours for Killing Floor and Amnesia to finish? Awesome. :p
Those rates aren't really the current rate though. It's just calculating the percentage per hour over the entire event.

Zomba13

shigsy said:
So who else in Europe will be FUMING when this all turns out to be a US only thing and we get it Thursday as originally planned regardless?
I think I'd be forced to kill a man...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I posted this in the Portal 2 thread ....but it's useless. FUCK!

5RaT8.jpg

ultron87

Htown said:
the wiki says that the potatoes doubled the rate at which we're completing these progress bars

Sadly half the people see the potatoes counting down and think "our job is done" and turn off the games.

ashbash159 said:
Could I be playing this tonight? (England time. It is currently 19:42.)

Thats what I was hoping as soon as I saw the potato countdown but I'm really doubting that now. Looks like its still going to be another 10 hours or so.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Treefingers said:
A screenshot from Friday was posted that shows the same background with the supposed G-Man.

Ok, thread runs too fast.

Theory: Valve has been secretly downloading Half Life 2 Episode 3 to everyone's computers via the various source engine game updates. At midnight today Episode 3 unlocks on everyone's computer who got all 36 potatoes., everyone else has to wait a week to be able to play it.

I like living in a dream world

Tacitus_

Just went to the store page in steam. Didn't see anything obviously different but I'm awful at spotting subtle differences.

And seems like Valve will release this today/tomorrow in Europe too.
fJxk5.png

Firebrand

shigsy said:
So who else in Europe will be FUMING when this all turns out to be a US only thing and we get it Thursday as originally planned regardless?

Thursday? According to the Steam store it's supposed to unlock 20 hours from now.

I can't quite catch it to print screen it, but every now and then the screen will flash and the potato count jumps down.

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. It might be my Internet or God knows what.

But this is the second time it's happened.

And if this is old, I'm sorry. This thread is going by crazy fast.

DarkKyo

Tanolen said:
So potatoes are counting down? Which means by getting more potatoes we have made the count down that much longer.
No, the potatoes may finish without the bar finishing. The potatoes serve as a multiplier to overclock the cpus. So more potatoes=longer overclocking period=good.

Top Bottom