• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just checked my self, that entry is in fact there. Maybe now I too can own Counter Strike Source :eek:

If I really do get such a thing, I'll likely try to sell Portal 2 and give the rest away. It is possible it is just anther complete pack that will be sold after Portal 2 is out though.

Game Code Description is Portal2Taters.

Oreoleo

Zombie James said:
I thought it was midnight EST? :(

The rest of the game's getting completed will knock it down to midnight EST.

The Ball for example will probably be 100% as I post this, and knock another 30-60 minutes off the counter.

Sibylus

Banned
Zombie James said:
I thought it was midnight EST? :(
Still more games to complete, might gain an hour or two if all the games are beaten as well (by then the completion bar and the timer will probably be pretty close).

Knox

Anyone else think the strategy of focusing on filling bars as fast as you can is fucked up? Now, since we're so close, I can see how it would be beneficial, but think of all the wasted CPU's of people playing the other games for potatoes/fun. Like anyone playing bit trip beat now is wasted, but if people just organized to keep everything even there wouldn't be any wasted CPU's. Unless I'm understanding things wrong.

Baha

Knox said:
Anyone else think the strategy of focusing on filling bars as fast as you can is fucked up? Now, since we're so close, I can see how it would be beneficial, but think of all the wasted CPU's of people playing the other games for potatoes/fun. Like anyone playing bit trip beat now is wasted, but if people just organized to keep everything even there wouldn't be any wasted CPU's. Unless I'm understanding things wrong.

Being this close to the finish line, I guess most people just want to finish it for the sake of finishing it. Also I want to see Killing Floor surpass 10k current cpus.

Blizzard said:
Not unless Defense Grid or Super Meat Boy happened to magically both finish. I think it looks like 1-2:30 a.m. EST at this rate.
A magical wizard named Gabe could choose to speed things up.

Knox said:
But then we would be wasting overclock time on the games that required less time instead of taking advantage of it on the games which require way more hours.

You do realise that the game won't release immediately, the unlock won't happen for at least a couple of hours after the deadline has passed like every other valve release.

I don't want to get my hopes up. :(

Blizzard

Banned
DoctorWho said:
A magical wizard named Gabe could choose to speed things up.
Imagine, if our work paid off and it just happened to finish around 12:00 EST! ^.~

Heavy's Sandvich said:
You do realise that the game won't release immediately, the unlock won't happen for at least a couple of hours after the deadline has passed like every other valve release.

I don't want to get my hopes up. :(
This is probably true, plus I'm rather expecting "server is too busy to play this game" errors, and/or slow downloads for the last-minute patches, and then an hour or so of 10GB decryption. I also rather suspect that co-op play will have some crappy bugs for like a week, but I'm going to do singleplayer first anyway.

LeadGandalf said:
What about Europe. It's released at 8-10 am on a work day here.
I am so glad I am free tomorrow (retakes). I can play the whole wake (sorry for making people jealous).

Also, I finally got the Audiosurf potato bij using the cheat engine (normally not something to be proud of). It didn't work on my PC with Windows XP, but does work on my laptop with Windows 7. Now to finish Justine, and I am off to bed to wake up to my sweet surprise.

Original-Blue

Neo Member
Noooooooooo!!!! Its going to release before I finish work. I'm going to miss the kickoff on glados @ home :(

Now, how to get out of work early.... Hmm

Killing Floor hit 10k.
Fuck-Yea.png

Baha

Huzzah! Killing Floor surpasses 10k cpus, now I can go do something else until I wake up tomorrow and play Portal 2.

thefil

Basically the only way I get to play tonight is if three games get knocked out in the next four hours.

See you guys tomorrow.

Fireblend

Banned
corn_fest said:
OK, waiting for Steam Friend confirmation for Fireblend and Gouglas.
Everyone else: so close!

I accepted your invite, however I'm at the job and evidently can't chat as I have no client here :p however I'll thank you as soon as I'm home. Please accept this post as a public thank you note for now.

Plasma

Banned
Just finished Portal 1 and come off to see that the Ball is done, nice.

Now I'll close that and boot up KF to grind that out.

XeroSauce

Welp, I may as well send out some games.

PM me with your Steam ID and the game you want.

Audiosurf
AaaaAAAaa
Amnesia
Rush

I'll give out more later.

Top Bottom