• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Thaedolus

So if I just leave Amnesia running, will it count? I've got other stuff to do, but I'd be willing to leave my PC running it just to make Portal 2 release sooner...

i have resolved with the notion that whatever happens, i'll be playing Portal 2 before i go to sleep tonight. midnight PST or earlier, there doesn't seem to be any way around it

time to enjoy the rest of my monday

XeroSauce

Thaedolus said:
So if I just leave Amnesia running, will it count? I've got other stuff to do, but I'd be willing to leave my PC running it just to make Portal 2 release sooner...

Yep, even opening the launcher helps out.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Lord-Audie said:
Why are they pooling resources in the killing floor. Meat boy would've finished by now if they put all resources there.
I think different games take different amount of time off.

woolley

Lord-Audie said:
Why are they pooling resources in the killing floor. Meat boy would've finished by now if they put all resources there.
The way it's going now they'll all finish around the same time. (maybe not Amnesia)

Lord-Audie said:

Because it's the hardest bar to fill (CPUs per pixel, or whatever), so they want to make the most of the overlockage.

Sibylus

Banned
Lord-Audie said:
Hardest game of the pack to complete. With the mystical potato overdrive, it'll make filling all the bars easier.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
XeroSauce said:
Welp, I may as well send out some games.

PM me with your Steam ID and the game you want.

Audiosurf
AaaaAAAaa
Amnesia
Rush

I'll give out more later.
amnesia or auidosurf if they are available. Datwheezy is my steamid

Edit: I never read things properly when on my iPhone

heyf00L

I was just thinking, it took me about 5 hours to earn my 6 potatoes. And now they're draining at 11 per second. I helped overclock this thing for a whole .45 seconds!

blamite

I can't wait to see all these bars rocket to completion if a bunch of the people working on Killing Floor switch to other games. Of course, by that time, it'll be about an hour before the game releases, so...

Pikelet

oh you tricksters. Just went back a few pages and found it was already mentioned. These massive threads are so unwieldy sometimes!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad this thread has become great again. Thanks Xero.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XeroSauce said:
Okay, holy crap, I got tons of requests, so I'll do a contest.

These are the games I have:
Audiosurf
AAAaaaAAA
Amnesia
Super Meat Boy
Rush
Defense Grid
Killing Floor
...and Metro 2033

If you'd like a game, quote me with your Steam ID and your best SCIENCE! picture, and please only choose one game.
Defense Grid?

infinite-energy.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Right, well then it's 00:15 and the game has a maximum of 7 hours till release. At the soonest it's gonna be done at like 04:00. So i have an 08:00 alarm set, i wanna be up to play early but i also want to be somewhat refreshed for this all dayathon :p

Night GAF, see you on the other side!

Sure has been fun ;)

Sibylus

Banned
Anyway, yeah, as an ARG it mostly works. As a game it's mostly broken.

- First act inches along, but there seems like a hint of the mid-game speeding up.
- Second act inches along, player effectiveness remains as ineffectual as before. Slog with no end in sight.
- Third act starts with a scripted event that enhances player effectiveness, now they can finish before the clock runs out. Rather anticlimactic.

Difficulty curve is out of wack, yo. Lurches from too hard to too easy in an instant. Definitely seems like the third act was intended to happen today, with us chipping away ineffectually at a mountain until then.

EviLore said:
Erm, please don't derail an existing thread like this with a contest.
what else are we going to do

i doubt his generosity will be reflected by anyone else with extra potato games, but i can see why you're giving a warning to prevent some epidemic ;p

My friend and I did our part by playing Killing Floor. Come on you maggots! There are plenty of you who could be playing and instead are here on GAF. Go to KF, in between rounds you can open GAF and keep reading.

Dooooiiiiittt NOOOOuuuuuu!

For SCIENCE!

Top Bottom