• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Forkball

Baha said:
If that was a reward for getting all 36 potatoes I would still be disappointed. I mean, I already own all of those games atm :(
You can probably gift the games you already own to your Steam friends.

LIKE FORKBALL.

Sai-kun

Banned
Botolf said:
You so cwazy. Want to go visit the ocean late-oh, that's right, you can't.

I've got a lake full of things that WON'T KILL ME. I'm the clear winner here. Go back to Killing Floor, sir.

Sibylus

Banned
Sai-kun said:
I've got a lake full of things that WON'T KILL ME. I'm the clear winner here. Go back to Killing Floor, sir.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the roar of the majestic sea in my ears. Something about all that wind blowing garbage into your lake?

Slavik81

Wow. We're burning through those potatos quick. We're only maybe going to get an hour of of those...

EDIT: Or, you know, 5 hours. Exactly the time we have left.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
*Sees Portal 2 Update*

:O

preload.png

:(

XeroSauce

Campster said:
Wishful thinking, or is there some bit of info I'm unaware of?

Simply assuming because The Ball cut off 80 minutes (or Audiosurf did that, one or the other).

Seeing as Killing Floor is the longest game, it has to be considerably larger then The Ball/Audiosurf.

I'm sure the release time of Portal 2 has more to do with Valve time then with anything having to do with retailers. I mean cmon, they're still updating our preloads at this point in time.

Feep

Banned
If you 36 potato folk get giftable copies, I would *love* a copy of Amnesia. I hear such great things about it, and it's been a long time since I played anything scary.

(How scary IS it?)

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
marrec said:
So how does one go about playing this 'Killing Floor'?

It's basically Left 4 Dead meets Counter-Strike. Shoot zombies, earn money, buy better guns and ammo between rounds, repeat until final boss.

Red

Feep said:
If you 36 potato folk get giftable copies, I would *love* a copy of Amnesia. I hear such great things about it, and it's been a long time since I played anything scary.

(How scary IS it?)
So scary.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Feep said:

(How scary IS it?)

You will shit your pants on the hour, every hour.

Baha

XeroSauce said:
Simply assuming because The Ball cut off 80 minutes (or Audiosurf did that, one or the other).

Seeing as Killing Floor is the longest game, it has to be considerably larger then The Ball/Audiosurf.

Why do you do this to yourself? The Ball removed 55 minutes. I doubt Killing Floor will remove anymore than an hr at best :(

[Edit] Gah, didn't the bracketed part. Well I hope it removes 5 hours, so there.

Red

Is anyone else unable to log on to Steam? I'm on my Mac and I keep plugging in my password but the login prompt keeps reappearing.

Fireblend

Banned
Maybe the Killing Floor + SMB countdown time cuts will make the game release immediately, or place the game within an hour of release. Maybe that's why they're rolling an update now...

stuminus3

So there's no way in hell I'll get to play this until after work and after the wife and kids go to bed tomorrow. Which is when I was going to be playing it anyway, rendering this entire thing pointless.

Oh well. It was fun playing the indie games, even though I already owned pretty much all of them, getting all the Portal-related extras for free was really cool. Just a shame the ARG ended like this.

XeroSauce

Baha said:
Why do you do this to yourself? The Ball removed 55 minutes. I doubt Killing Floor will remove anymore than an hr at best :(

[Edit] Gah, didn't the bracketed part. Well I hope it removes 5 hours, so there.

Audiosurf then.

Optimism surges through my veins, the cruel mistress

Top Bottom